How to use Curry Leaves for White Hair: Recipes and Benefits of Kadi Patta
Curry leaves or kadi patta that we known here in India, is one Ingredient that is extensively used in South Indian cuisines. But here friends, we’ll not be talking about using the curry leaves for any dish but rather for the natural treatment of the graying of hair or white hair. Graying of hair is a natural aging process but these days even people in their 20s and 30s get this problem of graying hair. To cover the grey hair, one can use hair dye or use henna powder paste, though there are some really effective natural remedies with curry leaves to cure the white hair problem.
The actual cause of whitening of hair is the reduced amount of melanin pigment, which gives hair its darkness. Before telling you, how you can use curry leaves for turning the hair black again, I will strongly suggest that you should take protein rich diet and your diet should also have that adequate minerals like Zinc, Copper, Iron, Iodine and Vitamin B complex. There is no point in using any remedies externally when you are not taking proper diet. Right? Okay, so let’s move ahead.
How Curry Leaves help in darkening the hair
Curry leaves darken your hair by restoring the natural melanin pigment so, that the hair becomes dark again.
Curry leaves also helps in prevention and treatment of premature graying of hair since, this is enriched with vitamin like B complex and minerals like iodine, Selenium, Zinc, iron etc.
It is also said, that other than the consumption of curry leaves, we can also include curry leaves in our diet to get the nutrition from these. Furthermore, it also keep the digestive system healthier.
Also see: Kadi Patta or Curry leaves for Hair Care
Now, let’s get to know about the steps to use curry leaves to treat white hair or grey hair for adults, teenagers and old people. Please note that for old people the remedy may take time to show effects. It is not miracle you see, but needs time to reverse the process of hair whitening, and that is a slow one. Right? 🙂
In which Form Curry Leaves (Kadi Patta) can be used
Curry leaves can be used in the fresh leaves form basically. We can also use curry leaves in the dry leaves or powder form. Here, I will be sharing just one remedy but will tell you how you can use curry leaves in any form.
- Take 1/2 cup of coconut oil and then add handful of curry leaves or 15-20 curry leaves.
- Keep this oil over the burner and let this boil.
- You have to boil the coconut oil, till the curry leaves turn black in color.
- Once this does, then stop boiling and let this oil cool down.
- Store this in a clean bottle and use to apply on the hair.
I will later suggest how to apply this after telling the other way of preparation. 🙂
Dried Curry Leaves for Treating Grey Hair
In this second method, everything is same so take ½ cup of coconut oil.
- Take 15-20 dried curry leaves.
- These dried leaves when get crushed easily when you take them in your palms and rub.
- These leaves will break and will turn into small pieces.
- Right? So, after crushing these dried leaves of curry plant.
- Put them in the coconut oil.
- Boil the oil and keep boiling till the small pieces of curry leaves turn darker.
- Allow the oil to get cool down and store this oil in a clean bottle.
Now that I have shared the 2 very simple methods to use the curry leaves for whitening of hair strands, I will share how to apply this curry leaves infused coconut oil on the hair to restore and prevent the grey hair.
How to use this Curry Leaves Oil for White Hair/ Grey Hair
- Take some oil on your finger tips and then apply that on the scalp.
- Section the hair again and then apply some more oil.
- This way, you have to apply the oil on the entire scalp.
- After that apply the curry leaves coconut oil on the hair as well.
- Use a hair cap so that the oil will not be smudged on the pillow cover.
- Leave this overnight.
- In the morning while you bath, wash the hair with gentle shampoo and then use a hair conditioner.
- This should be done 2 times in a week so that the results can be seen in 1-2 months.
Now that you know, how to prepare the curry leave remedies for treating the graying of hair. All you have to do is to try doing this regularly, else the results will not be much seen.