Season 3 of The masked singer has reduced its talented competitors, and with each performance, we get closer to discovering the identity of everyone on stage. But a character who is still a mystery is Astronaut. More clues have been revealed and fans are more positive than ever that they already know who is behind the astronaut mask.
- Who is an astronaut The masked singer season 3? We have looked at the most compelling fan theories.
- If we were to guess based on the clues we know, we would say that the astronaut is Hunter Hayes.
Who is an astronaut The masked singer?
Here are some of the best clues:
- The astronaut wears a gold space suit with what appears to be a treble clef.
- In its first pack of clues, Astronaut refers to being away from home.
- He is surrounded by a Hawaiian lei, a skeleton foot, a dark brown broom and a red toolbox.
- For her first performance, Astronaut sang “You Say” by Christian musical artist Lauren Daigle.
- In the second set of clues, he is called a great captain who knows how to lead a crew.
- A red coffee cup and a miniature wooden bridge are shown.
- There is a close-up of two dice (one black, one red) with five facing up.
- Once, the astronaut did a “huge nose dive” and fell on his face in front of thousands of people.
- Astronaut and judge Nicole Scherzinger were once in a mall to celebrate a “huge birthday”.
With the rise of the clues, fans are more and more convinced of their theories on who could be the astronaut.
From afar, the most popular theory through The masked singer the sphere is that the astronaut is a country music star Hunter hayes. And some details seem to line up: last year, Hunter released an album called Wild Blue, which has a title track that makes all kinds of references to space. Meanwhile, the treble clef on the Astronaut costume could be a simple reference to the fact that Hunter is a musician (a singer, songwriter and instrumentalist – he does it all, really), and the package of clues mentioning being “away from home” could refer to the fact that Hunter would be away from his home base in Nashville during the recording The masked singer in Los Angeles.
In the end, however, it was the performance of the astronaut’s “You Say” that really sealed the deal for many fans: not only the choice of song on the mark for Hunter (he has already talked about his Christian faith before, including in a 2019 song called “Dear God”), but Astronaut also sounds a lot like him.
On the other hand, fans argue that the astronaut is actually * the NSYNC star Chris Kirkpatrick. The 48-year-old man is from Pennsylvania, across the United States from where The masked singer is filmed, which is certainly “far from home”. And as a founding member of the iconic boy band, you could say that Chris “knows how to lead a team”. To add to this theory, a bunch of clues mentioned the line “bye, bye, bye”, a.k.a. a clear reference to the famous song by * NSYNC.
Still, some fans think that Astronaut could be another crooner – namely, Carlos PenaVega. And that East possible that the Big Time Rush alum is behind the mask of the astronaut: he is also a musician (which would explain the treble clef), he is open to his Christian faith (which would make the first choice of song of the ‘astronaut), and the singing voice of the astronaut Is sounds a little like him.
In addition, some of the smallest clues go back to Carlos. Lei, for example, could refer to his home in Hawaii with his wife Alexa PenaVega and their two children. (And yes, it would be quite “far from home” competing on The masked singer!) Meanwhile, the toolbox could refer to its role in the drama of 2015 Spare parts. Hmm …
Needless to say, we might need a few more clues before we can be 100% sure who’s wearing this astronaut helmet – but for now, our bets are on a of these super-intelligent fan theories being correct.