There are a million things you could say about your mother: she is caring, smart, funny, faithful, loving and everything else. Now that you have chosen the perfect one Mothers day card – handmade or bought in the store – for mom, grandma or any other special woman in your life it is time to find the right words to explain how much it means to you. However, if you’re struggling to find a feeling that best sums up your feelings, start with these simple, inspiring food for thought. Adapt these sentences to the woman you are celebrating: choose something funny if she appreciates a good belly laugh more than anything else, or something sweet and heartwarming if affirmative words are her love language.
Think of this guide as the ultimate starting point for what should be written on a Mother’s Day card, and then draw a unique message from personal experiences, memories, and feelings that suits your # 1 lady. But don’t stop here: grab yourself a mothers day gift, or Order a bouquet of flowers to pair with your declaration of love!
- Of all the mothers in the world I am so glad that you are mine.
- Thank you for being there with exactly what I needed every day.
- Now that I’m older, I’m not only grateful for you, but also for admiration. I just hope to be a great mother like you someday.
- Thank you for raising me at a time before you could post embarrassing pictures of me on social media.
- I am so proud to be your daughter / son.
- Mom, you are the glue that holds our family together.
- You have made our house the happiest place. Thank you.
- Happy Mother’s Day to my greatest teacher, best friend and cheapest therapist!
- You taught me how important it is to live in the moment and not take anything for granted.
- Mom, I understand now.
- It was hard to accept that I can’t do everything, but you taught me that asking for help and leaning on other people is fine. My life is so much better because of this lesson.
- So it turns out that you were right about everything. Everything in the truest sense of the word.
- Mom, you are one of my favorite parents.
- Thank you for resigning to me, mom. I know you like a challenge.
- I love you more than (insert sibling name here).
- Congratulations, you’ve done a great job and brought me up to be great!
- “Life doesn’t come with a manual. It comes with a mother.” – Unknown
- “I owe everything I am to my mother.” – George Washington
- “”If I know what love is, it’s because of you. “ – Hermann Hesse
- “Mothers are like buttons – they hold everything together.” – Unknown
Sign up for the latest news, expert beauty advice, brilliant home solutions, delicious recipes, and more Good housekeeping Newsletter.