In this article, we’ll take a look at the most basic aspects of design psychology, first asking a question and then going over the different concepts, in abbreviated form.
“I wish I had learned all this before buying our first home 25 years ago and before having our children. Not only would our homes be more harmonious, but our lives together as well. It’s amazing to learn how colors, lighting, sounds and patterns affect us so deeply. ”
-Angela Pederson, Palm Desert, CA
What are the basic principles of design psychology?
- Lighting and our psychological responses to light
- Color and psychology
- Models and reactions
- Textures and sense of touch
- Scale and human response
- Desirable styles, themes and effects
- Ethnic traditions and the importance of heritage
- Furniture and fittings for human comfort
- Sounds and repercussions
- Perfumes and feelings
- Embellishments and emotional currents
How can design psychology help me?
It can help you:
- Choose from the mass confusion of furnishings.
- Decorate your home well the FIRST time.
- Save time, effort and money.
- Find out which colors, patterns, furniture and accessories promote feelings of happiness.
- Learn about the psychology of lighting and color, as well as the underlying emotional effects of your home’s design details.
Find out how Mother Nature can guide the decoration of your home, to create the perfect environment for your emotional needs.
What ideas from design psychology could I use to best create an environment that would support my emotions?
Lighting is the crucial design element for happiness.
Using fearless color psychology promotes a joyful life.
Warm, happy colors need a refreshing balance to maintain harmony.
Color, when used as a background, should appeal to individuals.
All of your senses should be taken into account when creating your overall design plan.
Here; The psychology of design in a nutshell. The concepts are unique and powerful and can help you create a perfect home for a happy life.
(c) Copyright 2004, Jeanette J. Fisher. All rights reserved.