How to treat acne at home
Acne is a skin infection, which usually occurs because of accumulation of oil glands at the bottom of the hair follicle. When the children reach at puberty they are likely to face this problem of acne because of excessive oil glands. Our skin breathes through the pores on it and when the follicles get blocked with excessive oil it give rise to acne.
It’s like horrible to see that pink boil on the face and the people want to get rid of them at earliest. Some of the pimples are infectious; they multiply and increase its number. To treat such stubborn acne we need to consult a dermatologist whereas, others may be treated at home by following these simple and popular remedies.
- Ice-cube. Ice plays a vital role in closing the skin pores and reducing the inflammation. Rub an ice-cube gently on the spot.It will help in tighten the underneath skin and hence making it less noticeable.
- Tree-tea oil. Tree tea oil is well known for its antibacterial and antifungal property. It contains benzyl peroxide which is effective in treating acne and wound. In addition, its side effects are low.
- Eggs are not only healthy to eat but are also helpful in curing acne. Perhaps many people may not be aware that egg-yolk is enriched with immunoglobulin’s which is well known for its property of killing bacteria. Moreover, it also helps in reduction of inflammation. To treat acne with an egg yolk, apply it in an affected area and gently massage it for 2-3 minutes, twice a day. Wash it with a mild face wash after an hour.
- Raw potato. Another very good acne healing agent is raw potato. Take a slice of potato and rub on acne. Keep it for some time and then wash it with the water. Its anti-inflammatory property will heal the acne at earliest.
- Honey. Put honey on your face for 15-20 minutes and then wash it with lukewarm water and pat dry your face. You may add a little water to it.
- Alum. Another very good acne healing agent is alum, which is easily available at the nearby grocery store. It is a natural astringent which is used to heal a wound or a cut. Gently touch the alum on the acne is careful while using it as it may irritate the pimple. Wash with plain water after some time.
- Aspirin. You all must be having a painkiller known as aspirin at your home. Take an aspirin and grind it into a powder. Mix it with water to make it like a paste. Then apply this paste on acne and let it dry. After some time wash it with water thoroughly.
- Toothpaste. Toothpaste which contains silica is best for treating acne. Apply the toothpaste on the acne for an hour and then wash it with water.
Besides trying these home remedies, one should change his/her eating habits. One should eat probiotic enriched food like curd. The importance of green and fresh vegetables cannot be denied. Everybody should eat more vegetables to help their skin glow.
There are many fruits and vegetables, which help in detoxification of our body. Avoid drinking sweet beverages. Rather go for fresh juice and plain water. Water will help in flushing out your bowl and toxins from your body.
That’s not all, don’t forget to do your daily exercise and always keep your skin neat and clean. No wonder if you will follow this advice, very soon you will get rid of those ugly pink looking boils on your face. Not-to-mention that one should not experiment with all these tips, try only one tip at a time.
Also read Acne Treat