Tips To Get Rid Of Dandruff Permanently
Dandruff is a very common skin problem. It can affect people of all age and gender. The problem can be temporary or chronic. There can be several causes of dandruff. Most common are dry skin, stress and neglect of hygiene and diet. In some cases, the reason can be serious conditions like Psoriasis. The white flaky skin on your clothes is an eyesore. But this is not the only trouble. Dandruff leads to several other problems, including itchy scalp, acne and hair fall. So, it is important to treat dandruff, before other problems become visible. Thankfully, there are ways to get rid of this problem permanently. Here are some tips for you.
Diagnose The Underlying Problem
It is important to find out the underlying reason. In most cases dandruff can be treated with home remedies. But for more serious problems, a visit to the dermatologist is necessary. He or she can help you in diagnosing the real cause of your problem. The treatment depends on the real cause of dandruff. If you are suffering from psoriasis, the treatment will be different. Many times an improper eating habit is the real reason. As such, including nutrition rich food in your diet can help. Leafy greens and fruits rich in nutrients like omega 3 fatty acids and antioxidants should be added to the diet. Following a simple hygiene routine can also help in effectively curing the problem.
Moisturize your Hair
Dry skin and hair is a major cause of dandruff. Some people are born with dry skin and hair. But for most people the real culprits are heat styling, chemical treatments, pollution and harsh hair care products. All of these deplete the natural moisture of hair, leaving it dry and rough. As such, it is important to keep your hair moisturized all the time. Make sure that you are using conditioner after every wash. Use only moisturizing hair care products. Once in a week use a natural homemade hair mask to replenish the moisture of your hair. Drink at least 1.5 litre of water in a day to keep your body hydrated. And, cut back on chemical and heat styling.
Keep Stress at Bay
Stress is another common cause of dandruff and hair fall. Today’s fast paced life demands us to be always on edge. Increasing work pressure, relationship troubles and financial problems add to our daily stress. It impacts our mental and physical health. Keeping stress under control is important for our wellbeing. Meditation, healthy food and proper sleep can help in reducing our stress.
Keep Your Hair Clean
If you are suffering from dandruff, it is important to maintain better hygiene. It is natural for body to shred dead skin cells. Regularly combing and brushing of your hair will remove the dead skin from your scalp. It also helps in activating the natural oil glands. This in turn moisturizes your hair. Similarly regular washing of your hair is also important. Using anti-dandruff shampoo can help. But do not overdo it.
Massage Your Hair
The benefits of massaging your hair are multifold. It helps in relaxing our mind and relieves from stress. It boosts the blood circulation which encourages hair growth. It adds moisture to your hair which keeps it from drying. You can use any natural hair oil for massaging your hair. The best oils are coconut oil, olive oil, almond oil and sesame oil. A half hour massage treatment every week will help you in reducing dandruff considerably. There is one thing that you need to consider. Oil attracts more dirt and grime. Therefore it is important that you wash away the oil with a good shampoo after an hour or two of massage.
Improve Your Diet
The best way to cure any problem is to maintain a proper diet. A diet is low on zinc, B-complex, antioxidants or omega-3 fatty acid causes dandruff problem. There are a few food items that can help in curing dandruff. Wheat Germ is an amazing source of vitamin B-complex as well as zinc. Ginger, sunflower seeds, oyster, garlic, meat, fish, fruits and vegetables should be included in your diet.
Apply Home Remedies
Your kitchen is a pharmacy in itself. There are many items in your kitchen that can be effectively used in treating dandruff. The best part is that these products are 100% natural. Lemon, vinegar, baking soda, honey, egg and curd are a few common ingredients. Here are a few simple home remedies for treating dandruff.
- Wash your hair with one part lemon juice and two parts water. For medium hair, squeeze the juice of two lemons. Add water to dilute it and massage in your hair. Let it sit for 5 minutes and then rinse with lukewarm water and shampoo. Lemon is known for cleaning oil, dirt and dead skin from scalp.
- Take equal parts of apple cider vinegar and water. Rinse you hair thoroughly with this mixture to get rid of skin flakes and to get shiny hair.
- Aloe Vera is a medicinal plant that is found in almost every household. It has a number of health benefits. Cut a big portion of aloe leaf and take out its gel. Massage it gently on your hair. The gel will cool off your head. Also, its antibacterial property will help in treating bacterial infection on your scalp. Let it sit for 20 minutes before rinsing off.
- Honey and lemon are natural cleanser. Take two parts of honey and five parts of lemon juice. Dilute it with water. Wash your hair with this mixture to get clean hair. Honey will add moisture to your hair.
- Tea Tree Oil is a major component of organic anti dandruff shampoo. It has anti fungal and anti bacterial properties. It is an effective remedy against dandruff and itchy scalp. Take a few drops of the oil. Rub it on your scalp. Leave it for overnight and wash off in the morning. It can be combined with various other oils for more benefits.