Tips to Get Most Out of Your Facebook Marketing Efforts
Facebook Marketing Efforts : Facebook is undoubtedly one of the best mediums to promote anything. Its base of one billion active users makes it a wonderful marketing channel for most marketers. In this article we’re going to provide you some tips that you can use to get the maximum returns from your Facebook marketing.
These tips will help you in getting highest returns from your Facebook advertising campaigns:
- Do Your Bidding Yourself: While it’s easy to let Facebook set your campaign automatically, it’s not the best thing to do. In many cases you end up paying more by doing that. That’s why experienced marketers almost always set up entire campaigns manually. If you don’t know how to do that, get it done by an experienced Facebook advertising expert. If you can’t hire him on a permanent basis, hire on freelance basis. You won’t regret those few bucks later.
- Promote Your Apps: If you’ve got a mobile app, Facebook can help you in promoting it with its Mobile App Install Ads. Since these ads appear as sponsored stories in the news feeds of users, they’re clicked more often than any other kind of ads. So they can become one of the best mediums to boost the installation count of your app.
- Keep Testing: When it comes to online advertising, A/B Testing can take you a long way. It helps in determining the ads that’re working best for your campaign. So keep testing. Try at least four different versions of ads for each of your campaigns and repeat the versions that work best. Optimization requires hard work, but it pays off in grand manner.
- Retarget With Custom Audiences: Several researches have shown repeat visitors to your website are more likely to convert into customers than new visitors. The good news is that Facebook ads allow you to target the users who visit your website. Just go to Power Editor, click the Create Audiences button and select Custom Audiences from dropdown menu.
#2. Use Facebook for Public Relations
Facebook can also be used as a great tool to boost your PR efforts. For example, its Graph Search tool can provide you the list of all journalists who work at any particular media house. Just search for them like this:
- Journalists at New York Times
- Journalists at The Guardian
- Journalists at Wall Street Journal
And boom! Once you search inside Facebook like that, the search results page will provide you access to Facebook accounts of all journalists who work at your specified publication. From there you can get in touch with them and do anything that you want to do.
#3. Understand Your Target Market
Thanks to Facebook, today you can research and understand your target market in more detail than you ever could. Its Audience Insights tool allows you to identify the type of posts your audience liked the most and engaged the most with. You can go further and profile your audience in detail including their genders, age groups, locations, topics they like and much more than that. That understanding can then be used to further optimize your other marketing campaigns.
#4. Improve Your Posts
Writing effective Facebook posts has also become an art in itself. Paid advertising is effective, but if you want the sweetest rewards then you should focus on your posts as well. Follow the tips given below to improve their quality:
- No more than 9 words: With an attention span of 8 seconds, rarely anyone has got the time to read your posts in detail. Sorry to be blunt, but that’s the truth. Most Facebook posts get ignored even before they’re read. So word count of your ideal post shouldn’t be more than 9 words if you want them to be read.
- First few words matter: Now even among those 9 words the first 4-5 words matter the most. If they fail to grab the attention of users then no one is gonna remember your post. Think of your post descriptions as headlines to grab the attention of user. You need to optimize those headlines as much as possible. Even if you don’t optimize all your posts that way, you should definitely optimize the ones created for content marketing.
- Use Compelling Images: When it comes to grabbing attention, images can often do the trick. Often people click a link even before they read the description because they liked the image attached with it. So use high quality images for your Facebook posts. And if possible, use videos more often than images because they earn more engagement.
Don’t underestimate the power of hashtags as well. They can be used quite effectively to build your brand or promote any particular campaign. Given below are some tips that you should follow to build your brand with hashtags:
- If a hashtag related to your business is trending, your brand can capitalize on it by posting any good update about it. If that post becomes popular, it may appear on the top of hashtag feed, thus building your brand.
- You can make a hashtag around your brand name, which your fans may use when they post about your brand. This can create a stream of stories related to your company. Overtime that hashtag will become synonymous with your brand.
- Or you can also create a hashtag related to any of your marketing campaigns. This will create a story stream around that campaign.
Possibilities are endless with Facebook. You just need to be creative and mix things up. As long as you continue experimenting and testing, you’ll stay in the game and your brand will benefit from that. I hope these tips will help you in doing that. All the best!