Timothy Michael Ream, professionally known as Tim Ream is an American professional association football player. Ream plays as a center-back. Ream started his senior football career from the PDL team, Chicago Fire Premier in 2008. He was also playing for his college soccer team at the time. He was then drafted by New York Red Bulls in the 2010 MLS SuperDraft. After playing in the MLS for two seasons, Ream moved overseas and joined then-Premier League club Bolton Wanderers. In 2015, he joined the Premier League club, Fulham. He helped the club earn promotion to the Premier League twice. He played college soccer at the Saint Louis University.
On an international level, he made his senior international debut in 2010.
What is Tim Ream Famous For?
- Named Fulham Player of the Year 2017-18.
- Named Bolton Wanderers Player of the Year 2013-14, 2014-15.
Where is Tim Ream From?
Tim Ream was born on 5 October 1987. His birth name is Timothy Michael Ream. His birth place is in St. Louis, Missouri in the United States. He holds an American nationality. His zodiac sign is Libra. He belongs to white ethnicity and his religion is Christianity. Information about his parents and siblings is not available at present. He maintains his personal life very private. Not many details about his early life are available.
Ream started playing soccer at an early age. He was an athletic student from an early age. He attended St. Dominic High School where he earned numerous honors for his amazing stats. He led St. Dominic to the 2004 Missouri Class 2 state title. He had recorded 15 goals and a school-record of 39 assists in his high school career. He was named to the 2005 NSCAA All-Midwest Region. He was named All-State, All-Conference, and Class 2 Defensive Player of the Year in 2004 and 2005. He was also named Archdiocesan Athletic Association Player of the Year, as well as named to St. Louis Post-Dispatch All-Metro selection.
He also played with academy club St. Louis Scott Gallagher, leading the club to national championships in 2003 and 2004.
After high school, Ream attended Saint Louis University where he played for the Saint Louis Billikens. He earned NSCAA first-team All-Region and second-team All-Conference honors.
Tim Ream Career
- While playing for the college soccer team, he also played for the USL Premier Development League team, Chicago Fire Premier.
- After graduating from college, he entered the 2010 MSL SuperDraft.
- New York Red Bulls selected him in the second round of the 2010 MLS SuperDraft.
- Ream made his professional debut as well as MLS debut on 27 March 2010 against Chicago Fire. The Red Bulls defeated Chicago Fire 1-0.
- Ream scored his first professional goal as well as his debut MLS goal on 11 September 2010 against the Colorado Rapids.
- Ream started in all 30 matches in his first MLS season, leading the team to the Eastern Conference title.
- For his performance in his team, he was named the team’s Defender of the Year.
- Ream started in 28 of 34 matches in the 2011 season for the Red Bulls.
- Following the 2011 MLS season, European clubs scouted him.
- He spent brief time training with English clubs, West Bromwich Albion, and Bolton Wanderers.
- Bolton Wanderers signed him for 2.5 million pounds in January 2012. He signed a three-and-a-half-year contract with the club.
- Ream made his Wanderers debut against Millwall on 18 February 2012 in the FA Cup. Wanderers defeated Millwall 2-0.
- Ream made his Premier League debut against Chelsea in the same month.
- At the end of the 2011-12 season, Wanderers suffered relegation from Premier League.
- Ream became substitute defender following the club’s poor performance in the early 2012-13 season.
- Ream emerged in the 2013-14 season, winning the club’s player of the year award. He was also voted fans’ player of the year.
- He was forced to wear a protective mask in games in February 2014, after he suffered an injury following a collision with QPR striker Charlie Austin.
- Ream renewed his contract with the club ahead of the 2014-15 season. The new contract would keep him until the summer of 2017.
- He was named the club’s player of the year for the 2014-15 season as well.
- The club rejected a bid for Ream from QPR.
Source: [email protected]
- Another English club, Fulham signed him in August 2015. Ream had signed a 4-year contract for an undisclosed transfer fee.
- Ream made his club debut in August 2015 against Rotherham United.
- He scored his debut goal for the club against QPR in October 2016.
- He was part of Fulham that won the EFL Championship play-offs in 2018.
- He was also named Fulham Player of the Year 2017-18.
- He helped the club to promotion to Premier League for the 2018-19 season.
- However, Fulham once again relegated back to the Championship League at the end of the 2018-19 season.
- Fulham once promoted back to the Premier League for the 2020-21 season after Fulham won the EFL Championship play-offs in 2020.
Tim Ream International Career
- Tim Ream received his first call-up for the US senior team and made his senior international debut in November 2010 against South Africa. The USA defeated South Africa 1-0.
- He was part of the USA soccer team in the 2011 Gold Cup.
- From 2011 to 2014, Ream was not called up to the senior international team.
- He played for the US soccer team after three years against the Czech Republic in September 2014. The USA won the match 1-0.
- He was part of the USA football team in the 2015 Gold Cup.
- Ream scored his debut international goal on 22 May 2016 in a friendly match against Puerto Rico.
Tim Ream Wife and Children
Tim Ream is a married man. Ream is married to Kristen Sapienza. His wife Sapienza is also a soccer player. They are high school sweethearts as well. They got married in January 2012. Ream had planned his honeymoon in Tahiti. However, he canceled his honeymoon 24 hours after getting married. He actually canceled his honeymoon plan so that he could sign with Bolton Wanderers.
Tim Ream Height
Tim Ream stands at a height of 1.85 m i.e. 6 feet and 1 inch tall. He has a body weight of 72 kg. He has an athletic body build. His eye color is blue and his hair color is blonde. His sexual orientation is straight.
Tim Ream Salary and Net Worth
Tim Ream is an American soccer player. Having started his football career at MSL, he successfully made it to European football. After two seasons in MLS, he was drafted by Bolton Wanderers in 2012. The American defender was signed by another English club, Fulham for an undisclosed fee in 2015. He was part of Fulham that promoted to the Premier League twice in 2018 and 2020. At Fulham, his annual salary is reported at around 1.14 million pounds. His income comes from salary, bonuses, and endorsements. He has an endorsement deal with Nike. His net worth is estimated at around $8 million at present.