If you have a job that involves sitting in front of the computer for a long time, then it may be time to think about buying one.. Standing while you work is widely considered Throughout the day. And a standing desk can help increase your productivity level, maintain energy, and maybe even give you some longevity.
said that,This does not mean that you have to get rid of your existing desk. And you certainly don’t need to crowd your workspace with a separate full standing desk. With a standing desk converter, the transition to a standing desk can be smooth and seamless.
While areIf you are ready to put in the time and effort, there is no shortage of quality commercial standing desk converters for those who prefer not to have a hacksaw and a hammer.
Many standing desk converters have the capabilities and features of sit-stands (which sit and stand) ranging from bezel wood to aluminum, with different textures and build options. Some have enough surface area for a keyboard and mouse mat, others have very little, a laptop riser and just enough space for the essentials (sorry about your keyboard). Ultimately, you want a sit stand desk, which will give you a healthier, less tired, happier, and a quality working session.
If you are looking for the best standing desk converter, the following are our top selections.
Most standing desk conversion kits are semicircular and intended to fully enhance your existing workspace.
Place it on top of your current desk; Add monitor or laptop, keyboard and mouse; And adjust the riser to the appropriate height.
Standstand is a completely different stand desk converter experience. From its inception, it was intended to be a truly portable quality standing desk converter. This means a few seconds to be assembled or disassembled and users can easily pack desk razors into a backpack.
Another advantage is that the desktop converter is very strong, yet lightweight. It is simple and easy to employ. It is one of the cheapest conversions available.
- The standstand is incredibly inexpensive, starting at just $ 59 for the Baltic birch model and $ 89 for the bamboo.
- Although it exhibits some “rotational drama”, it is very strong. According to the Kickstarter campaign page, the standstand was able to withstand a load capacity of over 900 pounds (408 kg) without breaking.
- It is very lightweight and packable, making it one of the truly portable stand desk solutions.
- The standstand comes in four different sizes between 9 and 16 inches (23 and 41 cm).
- With the standstand, there is no additional surface workpiece at steep elevations, just enough space for a laptop.
- It only features a working surface for desk space, which means that either your keyboard is going to be too high or your monitor will be too low (unless you have a laptop, in which case your keyboard will still be Will be connected to your monitor).
If you were to take the standstand and turn it into a more permanent stand up desk solution, you would end up with a redidask, a wooden workspace lift that comes with two height-adjustable shelves.
The Readydesk is wide enough to hold two 27-inch monitors, with a maximum height of five feet, three inches and six feet, corresponding to most people between three inches (1.5 and 1.8 meters), and even some built-in There are also cable management.
You can also purchase an extra shelf or laptop increase if you want additional workspace or you need tilt capacity to extend your laptop a few inches.
- The Readydesk is easily assembled (without tools) and is highly adjustable.
- Quas cross-braces protect the riser from shaking.
- At $ 155, ReadyDesk is still one of the more cheap options.
- The Readydesk Height Adjustable Standing Desk is a semi-permanent standing desk conversion, meaning that you will not switch your desk to sit and stand backwards and for short periods of time or even on a daily basis.
- Adjusting the height of the surface of your keyboard and mouse or monitor means removing an entire shelf, making it a bit more difficult and time consuming than other adjustable solutions.
The Varidesk Pro Plus is one of the most compelling desk conversion kits available today, which is why it is one of our top to the best standing desk converter. It boasts permanent height stability and no wobbling for excellent desk riser quality and an overall smooth experience for its users. This adjustable standing desk converter is a two-tiered system that adjusts your monitor and keyboard and mouse simultaneously, at a high speed, making it one of the best standing desk converter options.
The Varidesk Pro Plus is pre-assembled and ready to use out of the box. Sit a desk riser on your existing desk, place your shelf or laptop on the top shelf, keyboard, and mouse on the lower shelf, and raise the desk in one of the preset height settings.
The Varidesk Pro Plus Adjustable Standing Desk Converter comes in three different models: 30, 38 and 48. 30 is for a single monitor setup, while 38 offers a dual monitor setup. The 48 is meant for people up to 6 feet, 1 inch and has space for a dual monitor setup, along with accessories on the top shelf and a keyboard, mouse and tablet on the bottom shelf of a steel frame.
- The advantage is that it adjusts more easily than other permanent conversions, moving the entire desktop surface workspace (top and bottom levels) in tandem. The 30 and 38 have 11 different surface height adjustments, and the 48 has nine height settings to lower or lift your workstation.
- The Varidesk Pro Plus sacrifices very little work area at standing or sitting heights.
- The Varidesk Pro Plus is very sturdy and, depending on the model, can hold between 35 and 45 pounds.
- Starting at $ 295 and going up to $ 500, the Verdisk Pro Plus is a more expensive stand desk conversion.
Ergotron WorkFit-T and Varidesk Pro Plus are direct competitors. Workfit-T has a similar design with comparable features and variations. The main difference between WorkFit-T and Varidesk Pro Plus is that WorkFit-T moves vertically, while Varidesk shifts upward (toward users). If the space is a tight squeeze, then a minimal workflow-T may be a better fit.
- The Ergotron WorkFit-T adjusts vertically with the press of two buttons, and has a 15-inch vertical adjustment.
- It is ready to use out of the box.
- Unlike the Varidesk Pro Plus, the surface height adjustment on this uplift desk is completely vertical with no lateral movement.
- The Ergotron WorkFit-T weighs up to 35 pounds and has a reasonable amount of work space at standing or sitting height. The updated model, WorkFit-TL weighs up to 40 pounds and adds a few inches in all dimensions, providing slightly more monitor and keyboard space than the T model.
- The Workfit-T sells for $ 389, and the Workfit-TL can be purchased from ErgDirect for $ 399, making it even costlier than the VarideSc Pro Plus.
WorkEase is the middle ground between Verdesk Pro Plus and Standstand. It is a smooth, small and lightweight conversion that can be easily installed or removed, but is highly adjustable and has a keyboard tray.
The WorkEZ has three pieces: a laptop or monitor mount, a separate keyboard tray and a detachable mouse pad. Laptop and monitor risers can be adjusted at virtually any angle and can be 18 inches above the desk height. The laptop stand, keyboard tray and mouse pad are all freely adjustable, making this the most customizable conversion available.
- At $ 100, the WorkEZ Standing Desk is adequately priced between the standstand and the Waridsk Pro Plus.
- It is easily added or removed from a traditional desk surface, making a height adjustable desk ideal for sitting and standing.
- With individual desktop surface adjustments for laptop or monitor, keyboard and trackpad angle and height, it is easily the most customizable, offering lots of adjustable conversions.
- The downside is that WorkEZ is not the most smooth and stable stand up conversion option.
- Like the standstand, the WorkEase has no additional workspace at extra height.
- The WorkEZ only fits a monitor or a laptop, and it can only hold up to about 13 pounds. If you have an extra monitor or a heavy duty monitor that exceeds that weight limit, then you will need something like LIFT.