The best and the worst things before going to bed
Before going to bed : Have you ever wondered how successful people start their day? What is their morning routine for feeling great? How they take care of their physical and mental health? How they always give their best? And, have you ever wondered how some people feel so fresh when they wake up?
If yes then come let’s find out what all you can do before going to bed to make your mornings cheerful like them.
Here we will discuss some of the best and worst things that should be taken care of before going to bed!
Some of the worst things to avoid are:
- Refrain yourself from Decongestant drugs -orally or as a nasal spray and also avoid cough and cold medicines before going to bed. These medicines may give you restlessness and keep you aware rather than relaxing you.
- It is advisable to avoid drinking tea or coffee after dinner as caffeine affects your sleep.
- Avoid overeating before bed. Full stomach will always disturb your sleep. Eating too much will cause heartburn and make you uncomfortable. And also your mind would not come to rest mode while your body is active in digesting the food.
- Electronic devices, smart phones, laptops, digital clocks, etc can imbalance melatonin’s level. Melatonin’s inform your body that it is night and make you sleepy. Watching television before bedtime also interrupt sleep.
- Never go to bed with lot of worries on your mind and avoid thinking things that makes you unhappy and give you bad thoughts. Also avoid watching scary movies before you go to bed. All these habits will not allow you to relax mentally and hence you won’t be able to sleep well.
Some of the best things to follow are:
- Make your mind free before going to bed. Plan for the next day and make a list of things to do next day. For examples, after dinner make sure your kitchen is clean and you are done with your dishes, iron your clothes, arrange and organize all the things you would need next morning. This way you will be ready for the next day.
- In order to get the best sleep, drink a glass of hot milk before going to bed. Hot milk will relax your body and help you to sleep soundly.
- Have a warm shower and brush teeth about an hour before you sleep.
- Make your bed clean. Stop thinking and pray to God. Thank to God for everything he has given you, thank God for the day. Then close your eyes and sleep.
- Do some relaxing things about half an hour before going to bed. You can listen to some soft music, read a book, practice deep breathing, etc. Going for a walk in the late evening after dinner is also a good idea.
- Spend some time with yourself an hour before you sleep. Analyze the day and figure out what you need to improve. And also appreciate yourself for the achievements of the day.