DC’s Earth is soon going to have a kaiju problem when Superman helps unleash a powerful Space-Godzilla on the unsuspecting people on the planet.
Warning: contains spoilers for Action Comics #1032
Readers know that Superman has dealt with a lot of threats in his time on Earth, and in DC Comics’ June solicitations, it seems he is the one that helps unleash a powerful Space-Godzilla on the planet. In Action Comics #1032, part three of “Warworld Rising”, the mystery of the Warworld refugees and their link to Krypton will continue. However, thanks to the newly discovered Warworld fragment, supernaturally powerful sea kaiju are going to be quite a threat to Atlantis. These kaiju were created by the fragment, and from the looks of the issue cover, they are not playing around.
Click the button below to start this article in quick view.
The Warworld Rising storyline began with Action Comics #1030 when Superman discovers Warworld battleships just outside of Earth’s orbit. In the next issue, he learns that these ships have not been sent by Warworld’s creator Mongul, but are in fact filled with refugees. These Refugees have a mysterious tie to the planet Krypton, leaving Superman to wonder if there are other Kryptonians out there? And if so, will they be on his side?
This story will also see Atlantean scientists studying the wreckage of the crashed Warworld vessel that Superman brought to Earth, and in doing so, they will find a fragment of Warworld. This fragment has the potential to shift the balance of power on Earth as it creates powerful sea kaiju. If they can find a way to harness this devastating power, the Atlanteans could become a major threat to the rest of the planet. Here is the cover art by Mikel Jańin and synopsis for DC Comics’ Action Comics #1032 written by Phillip Kennedy Johnson, Michael W. Conrad, and Becky Cloonan, with art by Daniel Sampere and Michael Avon Oeming:
- Action Comics #1032
- written by Phillip Kennedy Johnson, Michael W. Conrad and Becky Cloonan
- art by Daniel Sampere and Michael Avon Oeming
- cover by Mikel Jańin
- variant cover by Julian Totino Tedesco
- ON SALE 6/22/2021
- $4.99 US | 40 PAGES | FC | DC
- card stock variant cover $5.99 US | FC | DC
- “Warworld Rising,” part three! As the Superman family fights to keep the mysterious refugees alive, they find shocking answers about their lost colony. Meanwhile, Atlantis faces destruction by a host of supernaturally powerful sea kaiju, apparently created by the newfound “Warworld fragment”! As other world governments come to understand the devastating power Atlantis now possesses, tensions rise, and the threat of global war looms closer. As this goes on, back in Metropolis, the time-flung version of Midnighter digs deeper into Trojan’s dirty scheme.
Two gigantic kaiju grace the stunning cover for this issue, and they look like they are ready to take on just about anything. One of them very much resembles the most famous kaiju of all time, Godzilla. Superman likely just wanted to help these refugees, and learn more about the possible ties to his home planet, having no idea what he was about to bring to Earth when helping the Warworld battleship and those aboard it.
From the synopsis it can be inferred that the Atlanteans are going to try to control these powerful kaiju, putting them in a position of power and bringing the world a step closer to global war. However, Atlantis is also at risk of being completely destroyed by these space creatures, so which way will things go? Either way, it looks like fans can expect to see fireworks when Superman squares off against these Godzilla-like monsters. Look for DC Comics’ Action Comics #1032 when it hits stores and online this June.
More: The Death of Superman Was Just Prevented By His Son
Selling Sunset Season 2: Why Christine Told Davina About Engagement Over Mary
About The Author