Soleil Moon Frye is an American actress, director, and screenwriter who is best recognized for playing the title character on the hit television series, “Punky Brewster” and also in the series, “Sabrina the Teenage Witch”. Frye started her career as an actor at age of 2 later gaining her biggest role at age of 8 with “Punky Brewster”.
Frye is even considered as the pop culture icon of the 80s as she appeared in a number of television series and movies including ‘The Liars’ Club’, ‘Pumpkinhead II: Blood Wings’, ‘Motel Blue’, ‘The Girls’ Room’, and ‘Bratz: Starrin’ & Stylin’’. Apart from them, she also has voice-acted in a number of movies.
She even has directed her own film titled “Wild Horses”(1998) and even has opened an eco-friendly specialty clothing boutique for children, “The Little Seed”. Besides, she is active on social media sites with over 198k followers on Instagram: @moonfrye and over 1.2 million followers on Twitter: @moonfrye.
What is Soleil Moon Frye Famous for?
- Famous for her role in “Sabrina the Teenage Witch”.
Source: [email protected]
Where is Soleil Moon Frye From?
Soleil Moon Frye was born on August 6, 1976, in Glendora, California, United States. Her birth name is Soleil Moon Frye. Her nationality is American. Frye belongs to White ethnicity while Leo is her zodiac sign.
Soleil Moon Frye was born as the daughter of her well-to-do parents: Virgil Frye(father) and Sondra Peluce(mother). Her father, Virgil was a popular actor and also a former Golden Gloves boxing champion while her mother, Sondra worked as a talent agent and caterer.
Her parents however got divorced when she was just 2 years old. She has two half-brothers, Sean Frye and Meeno Peluce, both former child actors.
Born as the only daughter to a family with an acting background, Soleil developed an interest in acting since her childhood that she began acting as a child actor at an early age of 2. She attended a private school in Los Feliz later attending San Fernando Valley Professional School in Burbank.
Her first-ever acting opportunity came at the age of 6 when she appeared in the biopic of Lucile Fray as her toddler, Linda Fray.
Source: [email protected]
Soleil Moon Frye’s Career Highlights
- Soleil Moon Frye made her acting debut with the television movie, “Missing Children: A Mother’s Story” in 1982.
- She portrayed Elizabeth(Bette) Kovacs in the biographical television movie, “Ernie Kovacs: Between The Laughter” in 1984. She then appeared in several telefilms; “Invitation to Hell”, “Little Shots”.
- Frye got her to break with her role as the title character on the hit television series, “Punky Brewster” in 1984. She remained in the show for 88 episodes till 1988.
- She also voiced and reprised the role in the animated series, “It’s Punky Brewster”(1985-86).
- After the show, she landed the lead role in the ABC sitcom pilot, “Cadets” in 1988.
- In 1989, she hosted the syndicated weekly talk/variety show, “Girl Talk”.
- She guest-starred on several television series including “The Wonder Years”, “Saved by the Bell”, and “Friends”.
- During the same time, she voiced characters for the animated series, “Tiny Toon Adventures” and “The Cartoon Cartoon Show”.
- She then played the character of Roxie King in the last few seasons of the sitcom, “Sabrina the Teenage Witch” from 2000 till 2003.
- In 2004, she voiced Jade, a Bratz character in the direct-to-video release, “Bratz: Starrin’ & Stylin'”.
- She even has directed several films with her first film being “Wild Horses”(1998).
- In 2021, she directed a documentary film, “Kid 90” which is executive produced by Leonardo DiCaprio.
- Frye released her first book titled “Happy Chaos: From Punky to Parenting” and “My Perfectly Imperfect Adventures in Between” in 2011.
- In 2013, she released a party-planning book, “Let’s Get This Party Started”.
- In 2014, Frye co-founded “P.S. XO”.
- She will be appearing in the Punky Brewster reboot, which is set to air on Peacock on February 25, 2021.
Soleil Moon Frye’s Husband
Soleil Moon Frye is currently single. She was previously married to Jason Goldberg, an American film and television producer who has produced films; “Guess Who” and “The Butterfly Effect”. They got married on October 25, 1998, in a traditional Jewish ceremony in Los Angeles later renewing their marriage vows in a ceremony in 2008.
They were blessed with 4 children; two daughters Poet Sienna Rose Goldberg and Jagger Joseph Blue Goldberg and two sons Lyric Sonny Roads Goldberg and Story Goldberg, welcoming the first child, daughter Poet in 2005.
However, in 2020, after 22 years of marriage, the couple separated. Back then, she suffered from gigantomastia as a teen and even underwent a breast reduction three months before her 16th birthday.
Source: [email protected]
Soleil Moon Frye’s Net Worth
Soleil Moon Frye has quite good earnings from her professional career actress, director, and screenwriter. Having her career started at the age of 6, Frye has managed to come a long way up becoming one of the popular actresses acting in several movies in her decade-long career.
Her net worth is estimated to be around $5 million.
Soleil Moon Frye’s Height
Soleil Moon Frye is a gorgeous lady in her 40s. She stands tall with a height of 5ft. 1inch.(1.55m) while her weight weighs around 49kg(108 lbs). She has a well-maintained slim body physique of measurement 34-26-35 inches with 34C as her bra size, 6(US) as her dress size, and 8(US) as her shoe size.
She has a fair complexion with brown hair and dark brown eyes.