Consider these situations: family A has a ten-year-old house and three steam cleaners and a number of other efforts have not been able to remove some stains eight years after purchasing a carpet. On the other hand, the B family recently bought a house with hardwood floors, only to decide later who must convert their home into a mini high-traffic resort. These two examples surely demonstrate that both carpeted wooden ones that have their disadvantages. Neither of them is perfect and the user-selected type of flooring should be determined by long-term function provided for the floor covering. To make a logical decision to choose on the floor, try to look at the advantages and disadvantages of each type of floor.
Advantages of wood
– Wood floors are available in a wide variety of materials, but may not be available in as many colors as the rugs. The natural colors of different types of wood, however, give it the advantage of blending and integrating almost everything into the room.
– Thanks to some of the latest advances and improvements that make wood resistant to stains, scratches and termite destruction, choosing a hardwood floor makes it very easy to keep your home tidy and tidy.
– It is very rare to find someone allergic to wood. This makes wood a safe and healthy option, especially for people who may react to some of the chemical reagents often used in cleaning carpet cleaners. In addition, wood does not store grit or solid particles and would therefore be suitable for people with asthma or other respiratory complications.
Disadvantages of wood
– Although hardwood floors do not require hazardous cleaners to clean them, the floor cleaners used may include substances that maintain the fresh and clean appearance of the wood. These substances are also responsible for keeping termites away and may even affect the health of some people when inhaled.
– Compared to rugs, wood is a very expensive floor. Especially if you have a limited budget, choosing hardwood floors may require careful consideration.
Advantages of rugs
– The rugs are available in a wide variety of colors and designs. Choosing a carpet for your floor gives you ample freedom of choice in finding a “look” that reflects your personal style. The texture of a rug is also soft and warm compared to the wooden floor, and rugs can act as insulation on cold floors
– The prices of the rugs often vary according to the material. This variety gives you the flexibility to work with your means to get the perfect carpet for your home. Compared to wooden floors, rugs are very easy to acquire.
Disadvantages of rugs
– Rugs require regular cleaning and are more prone to difficult stains than wood. They are also known to attract dust, which often gets dirty easily
– Rugs are not the best alternative for people with various allergies, especially if you know you won’t be able to clean rugs regularly. This is because the carpet fiber often stores soil, hair or sand particles, which can rise and trigger allergic reactions such as coughing and sneezing.
Each of these floor covering options can provide the ideal for your home and the above tips should help you choose the right type of floor.
by Victor R Patel