Shari Headley is an American actress and former model. She is best known for her role as Lisa McDowell in the romantic comedy film, Coming to America. She has also appeared in several TV series and films including “Miami Vice” (1986), “Quantum Leap” (1990), “Gideon Oliver” (1989), “All My Children” (1991), “New York Undercover” (1995), “The Preacher’s Wife” (1996), “Guiding Light” (2001) and much more. She achieved a nomination for NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Actress in a Drama Series for her performances in the Fox drama series, “413 Hope St.”. She received the 2013 President’s Volunteer Service Award from President Barack Obama.
Besides, she is quite active on social media platforms with around 61k followers on Instagram @shariheadley and around 20k followers @shariheadley.
What is Shari Headley famous for?
- Her role as Lisa McDowell in the romantic comedy film, “Coming to America”.
Where is Shari Headley from?
Shari Headley was born on July 15, 1964, in Queens, New York City, New York, the United States. She was born to her father, Godfrey Headley, and mother, Sarah Headley. She has three siblings, an elder brother, and two elder sisters.
She holds an American nationality and belongs to African-American ethnicity. She is of Afro-Trinidadian descent. Her zodiac sign is Cancer.
Regarding her education, she received her high school education from Queens College, New York City.
Shari Headley Career Highlights
- Shari Headley began her career as a model winning a modeling contract in the Fords Models of the Eighties contest.
- Soon, she appeared in commercials of several brands including Johnson’s Baby Oil, Burger King, L’Oreal, Avon, and Macy’s.
- She then made her appearance in magazines such as Mademoiselle and Glamour.
- Headley made her acting debut appearing in an episode of the NBC sitcom, “The Cosby Show” in 1985.
- Thereafter, she made her guest appearances on some TV series including “Miami Vice” (1986), “Quantum Leap” (1990), and “Matlock” (1990).
- She was cast in a leading role opposite Eddie Murphy in the romantic comedy film, “Coming to America” in 1988.
- In the following year, she starred alongside Louis Gossett Jr. in the short-lived ABC drama series, “Gideon Oliver”. Later that year, she co-starred in the TV film series, “Kojak”.
- In 1991, she joined the cast of ABC daytime soap opera, “All My Children” playing Detective Mimi Reed.
- She then guest-starred on some TV series “New York Undercover” (1995), “Walker, Texas Ranger” (1996), and “Cosby” (1996).
- In 1996, she had a supporting role in the comedy-drama film, “The Preacher’s Wife”.
- The following year, she appeared in a leading role on the short-lived Fox drama series, “413 Hope St.” alongside Richard Roundtree. For which, she achieved a nomination for NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Actress in a Drama Series.
- From 2001 to 2002, she played the recurring role of Felicia Boudreau in the TV soap opera, “Guiding Light”.
- She also portrayed the character of Heather Engle in the TV soap opera, “The Bold and Beautiful” from 2004 to2005.
- In 2004, she played the role of Jacqueline in the comedy film, “Johnson Family Vacation”.
- In 2007, She appeared in the comedy-drama film “Towelhead” which is based on Alicia Erian’s novel of the same name.
- She has also starred as Marcheline in “10 Things I Hate About You” (2010), as Tianna in “Act Like You Love Me” (2013), as Maple in “The Congregation” (2014).
- In 2014, she was cast as District Attorney Jennifer Sallison in the Oprah Winfrey Network’s soap opera, “The Haves and the Have Nots”.
- She plays an important role called Harmony in the TV series “On Becoming a God in Central Florida” in 2019.
- In 2021, she reprised her role, Lisa McDowell in the film “Coming to 2 America” which is a sequel to the 1988 film Coming to America.
Who is Shari Headley married to?
Shari Headley is currently single. Previously, she was married to the actor and hip-hop artist Christopher Martin. The couple got married in May 1993. The couple has two children together, a son named Skyler Martin and a daughter named Vannessa Martin-Jackson. Sadly, their marriage ended in June 1995.
How tall is Shari Headley?
Shari Headley is a gorgeous lady in her late 50s. She has an attractive slim body physique. She stands at 1.73m (5 feet and 8 inches) tall and her body weighs around 60kg (132 lbs.). Her body measurements are 33-24-35 inches. She wears a bra size of 33B. Her dress size is 6(US). She has a pair of beautiful brown eyes and her hair color is black. Her sexual orientation is Straight.
What is the Net Worth of Shari Headley?
Shari Headley has quite good earnings from her acting career. Her earnings mainly come from working in TV and Films. She also earns from endorsement deals with several brands. As of 2021, her net worth is estimated to be $2 million. However, there is no information about her salary and other assets.