Restaurants Offering Free Meals and Delivery During COVID-19
With the number of coronavirus cases increasing every day, more people are taking their social distance up a notch with strict stay at home orders. While you can still take trips to the grocery store to fill your pantry with essential household items, ordering takeout is also an option that many of us use these days.
Although most restaurants and fast-food chains have recently closed their dining rooms, many places still offer curbside pickup and free, contactless delivery. In this way, everyone can stay safe and healthy. Some restaurants also offer special offers for front-line health workers and parents who need to feed their children while schools are out of session.
To be clear, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) say that coronavirus is spread from person to person mainly through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person sneezes or coughs near another person, not via food consumption. So while it is safe to order from restaurants following strict disinfection procedures, it is important to do what is best for you and your family.
We have put together a list of fast-food
chains and restaurants currently offering deals and discounts during the coronavirus epidemic. Given the rapidly changing pace of the COVID-19 epidemic, call your local channel for the latest information on closings, time changes, etc.
All free meals and food deals available nationwide
- and pizza: All healthcare workers and hospital staff receive free pizza with valid hospital ID or SMS 200-03 #HERO for free delivery.
- Boston Market: All online and app orders are delivered for free. Get a free cookie when you join Boston Market’s Rotisserie Rewards program.
- Buffalo Wild Wings: Get traditional BOGO wings on Tuesday and boneless BOGO wings on Thursday. All orders placed online and through the app are eligible for free delivery.
- Burger King: orders of $ 10 or more are eligible for free delivery, depending on location.
- The Cheesecake Factory: From now until May 10, get a bonus $ 10 electronic gift card with every $ 50 gift card purchase.
- Chili’s: Get free shipping on all orders over $ 15. Customers in California and Tennessee can also order $ 5 Presidente Margaritas® and $ 7 Patron Margaritas for curbside pickup and delivery.
- Chipotle: All orders over $ 10 are eligible for free delivery. Until May 31, purchase a Healthcare Heroes gift card to support front-line healthcare workers, and they will match and donate 10% to Direct Relief.
- Cracker Barrel: Get free, contactless delivery for all orders over $ 5.
- Cumberland Farms: Health care professionals receive a free cup of hot or iced coffee of any size.
- Del Taco: All orders are eligible for contactless delivery on Grubhub, Postmates and Doordash. Download the app or join eclub to get 2 free Del Tacos.
- Denny’s: Now until April 30, get $ 5 off orders of $ 20 or more and free shipping.
- Dunkin ‘: every Friday until April 24, members of DD Perks (register now!) Receive a free donut of their choice for any drink purchase. Until April 19, get free delivery on Grubhub deliveries of $ 10 or more.
- IHOP: Use the code IHOP20 at checkout to get a 20% discount on your first online order. Free delivery with no minimum required.
- Jersey Mike’s: Get free delivery on all orders placed through the app until further notice.
- KFC: Now until April 26, all orders are delivered with free delivery. With Grubhub
delivery notes, you can select the contactless delivery option at checkout.
- Krispy Kreme: Every Monday from March 30 to May 6, health workers receive dozens of Original Glazed® Donuts for free. On Saturday from March 28, Krispy Kreme will add a dozen free original frozen donuts to each pickup, drive-through and delivery order that includes a dozen original frozen donuts at full price or more.
- Little Caesars: get free shipping on online orders over $ 10. Starting April 13, you can “Pie it Forward” by donating pizza to their nearby hospitals, police and fire departments when paying online or using the Little Caesars app.
- McDonald’s: From April 22 to May 5, healthcare workers and first responders can get a free breakfast, lunch or dinner “thank you meal” by showing their badge. Order McDelivery® on Uber Eats or DoorDash. Some places offer free meals for children. Call your local channel for more information.
- O’Charley’s: for $ 5, get the Bacon and Cheddar Burger, the Classic Cheeseburger or the Hamburger with fries. All orders are eligible for free delivery.
- Olive Garden: Get two meals for the price of one – $ 12.99 – with their “Buy one, take one” promotion. Free contactless delivery is available on orders with a minimum of $ 40.
- Panera Bread: Feed the whole family from $ 29 with Family Feast, which includes two half sandwiches, two children’s sandwiches, a salad, a family-size macaroni and cheese, and a whole French baguette.
- Paris Baguette: All Manhattan sites offer free coffee to health professionals, NYPD and FDNY when they come in uniform or present valid ID.
- Red lobster: All orders are eligible for free contactless delivery.
- Saladworks: Get a $ 5 gift card with the purchase of $ 20 or more. All orders come with free delivery via DoorDash and Uber Eats, and score $ 4 off orders of $ 20 on Grubhub.
- Smoothie King: Any child 12 and under will receive a free 12 oz. children’s smoothie with the purchase of 20 oz. smoothie using the Smoothie King Healthy Rewards app.
- Metro: Get a free Footlong when you order two Footlongs to go. Use the code SUBWAYNOW for free delivery of Uber Eats, DoorDash, Postmates, Grubhub and Seamless.
- Starbucks: Now until May 3, all frontline workers receive a large hot or iced coffee for free.
- Steak ‘n Shake: anyone who goes through the drive-thru can get a free order of fries with any order. Get a milkshake during the “Half Price, Happy Hour” available Monday to Friday from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Taco Bell: get free Grubhub delivery on all orders over $ 12.
- TGI Friday’s: Use the code FREEKIDS to get free entry for children with online orders of $ 20 or more.
- Wendy’s: All orders of $ 10 are eligible for free delivery on Grubhub and Postmates.
- 7-Eleven: Get free delivery on orders placed via the 7NOW delivery app.
- 99 Restaurant and Pub: Now until April 26, use the code HERE4YOU online for 20% discount on takeout orders.
For useful resources related to coronavirus, visit The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Coronavirus Disease 2019 information page and the National Association of County and City Health Officials directory of local health services.