Reasons and Remedies for Oily Skin
Those who are looking for best tips for clear skin will first want to get rid of the oily skin. Oily skin can be extremely frustrating and the condition aggravates during summer. Your skin will not be clear until the excess oil has been removed. Oily skin promotes the growth of acne and pimples.
Thankfully, there are many natural remedies to treat this problem. There are many things that contribute to the oil balance in the body. Here are the reasons and top natural remedies.
- Genetics is one of the biggest reasons behind the oily skin. If this condition runs in your family then it is very likely you will also have it. In such a situation you will see many family members with breakouts and clogged pores. But this does not mean that it cannot be treated. You can still use the best tips to clear skin.
- Another reason for the cause if oil imbalance in the body is the overuse of some of the skin care products. For instance, if you are using some products too much for exfoliating, cleansing, or scrubbing to get a clear skin you may make your skin oilier.
- Sometimes the change in the season also results in excess skin oil. In the hot and humid conditions the production of the oil in the skin increases dramatically for some people. Also, during winter the weather tends to dry the skin. To counter the dryness the skin may produce more oil.
- Excess oil is also the side effect of some types of medications. For instance certain hormonal and birth control medications are known to increase the level of oil in the skin.
- Hormonal changes are also sometimes responsible for excess oil. It usually happens with pregnant women. Also, women may also experience oily skin before and after menopause. During this time the sebaceous glands become more active and thus produce more oil.
- Sometimes mental conditions may also cause the oil production. This is because certain hormones are released when the mind is stressed. Androgen hormone is usually behind this.
- Prolonged exposure to sun or tanning could also result in excess oil production. This may seem counterintuitive but it is true. This is because sun exposure dries the skin temporarily and causes the sebaceous glands to become more active. The excess oil thus surfaces on the skin.
Natural beauty tips for clear skin and oil removal
Natural tips for clear skin will also help you manage the oil level. But there is also no denying that managing the oily skin could be a little tricky. It can be taken care of but you need to be disciplined. Thankfully, there are some easy natural solutions. You don’t have to use expensive beauty care products for it. Here are some of the home remedies:
- Egg whites are quite effective in dealing with the oily skin. They help in drying the blemishes of the skin and also help in tightening of the skin. Sift the egg white from the whole egg and beat it well. Apply it to your face generously and let it dry. Rinse it with water. You can also make a mixture with lemon juice and egg white. Apply this mixture to the face and rinse with lukewarm water after 15 minutes.
- Those looking for best tips for clear skin should also try yogurt. It is very effective during exfoliation and can remove the excess oil from the skin. Simply apply the yogurt to your face and leave it for about 20 minutes. Afterwards, wash it with cool water. You can also use the mixture of honey, oatmeal and yogurt. But use lukewarm water to wash your face.
- Tomatoes have the clearing and cooling properties. This is why they can be quite effective for skin oil treatment. Tomatoes contain the acids which can absorb the oil easily. Cut a tomato and rub a slice over your face until the juice has been soaked by your skin. Leave it like that for 20 minutes and then rinse with cold water.
- Using cucumber is also one of the simple tips for clear skin. Cucumber has astringent and cooling properties. This is why it can manage oil level very effectively. It also contains many vitamins and minerals which are very good for your skin. Cut a cucumber slice and rub it on your skin before sleeping. Wash it off in the morning the next day. Do it every day.
- You can also mix lime juice and cucumber juice together. Gently apply this mixture to your face, neck, and hands. Besides reducing the oil content in the skin it will also help in reducing sunburns and lightening the freckles.
Other important tips
- Clean your face regularly with a mild soap. It will help control the oil level. Make sure to wash your face every time after coming from outdoors.
- Use the mild and natural skin cleansing products. These products help in the removal of the dirt from the pores and they also close the pores.
- Do not use the oil based moisturizer. Instead, use the moisturizers that are water based. You need to keep your skin hydrated. You would also want to drink lots of water for this purpose. It is one of the great tips to clear skin and also reduces oil content.
- Eat food that is good for skin. Avoid fatty and oily food. Avoid foods with excessive spices as well.