TIPS AND QUESTIONS ON PROTECTING YOUR ANIMALS
The cost of a visit to the veterinary office increases every day. Just like us, our pets need health insurance to cover the costs. I hear ordinary people choosing to euthanize their pets because the cost of an injury or the cost of necessary surgery is too high for some people. Pet insurance, like our health insurance, helps pay for the cost of these services. Several factors will affect the cost of insurance. You will need to compare each company to choose the one that best fits your situation.
Some of these factors are:
- Age of animal
- Animal gender
- Animal breed
- Pre-existing injury
- Pre-existing disease
- Type of cover
- Policy limitations
- Type of animal (cat, dog horse …)
- Geographical location
- What company
WHY HAVE ANIMAL INSURANCE
Most people consider their pets to be an important member of their family. The devotion that pet owners have for their pets is real because of the hundreds of dollars they spend each year on their pets. This money is spent on supplies, veterinary care, food, vaccines, toys, bedding, care, heartworms, fleas and ticks, and many other items. Even with loving care, the best efforts to provide preventive measures, unforeseen accidents, and illness occur.
Most pet health insurance plans include:
- Initial and follow-up visits
- Laboratory test and diagnostic procedures and blood test
- Non-elective surgery
- Prescription drugs
- Euthanasia for a human reason
Some treatments and conditions that may not be covered include;
- Routine care
- Dental care
- Chronic diseases
- Cosmetic procedures
- Pre-existing conditions
I have found some companies that will offer routine wellness coverage, but in most cases it doubles your monthly premium well.
When you are comparing insurance companies, here are some questions you should ask yourself;
- Will my premium increase due to aging animals?
- What is covered if my pet becomes ill or injured?
- What exclusions should I be aware of?
- What are the payment limits of the policy?
- What are my deductible options?
- What percentage of the cost will the police pay?
- What will increase my premium?
I have compared several pet insurance companies using the following; one-year-old American Shorthair male cat, sterilized without pre-existing conditions. The business response offered a 90% refund, with a deductible of one hundred dollars and a deductible of two hundred and fifty dollars and an average monthly premium.
Here are some of the companies that offer pet health insurance:
- Hartville / Aspca
- 24 Petwatch
- Insure animals
- Pets Best
- Petplan us
- Healthy legs
- Pet paertnes
Here are some companies that offer pet health insurance in Canada:
- Petcare Canada
- PC Financial
The purpose of this article is to provide you with information on pet health insurance and a question to ask.
- 1 Some of these factors are:
- 2 WHY HAVE ANIMAL INSURANCE
- 3 Most pet health insurance plans include:
- 4 Some treatments and conditions that may not be covered include;
- 5 When you are comparing insurance companies, here are some questions you should ask yourself;
- 6 Here are some of the companies that offer pet health insurance:
- 7 Here are some companies that offer pet health insurance in Canada: