Pedro Pascal – Bio, Net Worth, Married, Wife, Relationships, Nationality, Family, Parents, Siblings, Age, Religion, Height, Wiki, Career, Awards, Kids
Jose Pedro Balmaceda Pascal, popularly known as Pedro Pascal is a Chilean-American actor. Pascal is best known for portraying the role of Oberyn Martell in the fourth season of the HBO series, Game of Thrones. His role in Game of Thrones garnered him international recognition. He is also known for his role as Javier Pena on the Netflix series, Narcos and the title character in the Disney+ series, The Mandalorian. Alongside television series, he has also starred in numerous movies. For his role in Game of Thrones, he was nominated for Screen Actors Guild Award.
Besides movies and television series, has is also active in theaters both as an actor and director. He has starred in numerous Off-Broadway productions. For his role in the International City Theater production of Orphans, he was awarded the Los Angeles Drama Critics Circle Award and Garland Award.
What is Pedro Pascal Famous For?
- His role as Oberyn Martell on the 4th season of Game of Thrones.
- His role as Javier Pena on the Netflix series, Narcos.
- His titular role in the Disney+ series, The Mandalorian.
Where is Pedro Pascal From?
Pedro Pascal was born on 2 April 1975. His birth name is Jose Pedro Balmaceda Pascal. His other names are Pedro Balmaceda and Alexander Pascal. His birth place is in Santiago in Chile. He holds Chilean-American nationality. He was born to a father, Jose Balmaceda, and a mother, Veronica Pascal Ureta. He has 3 siblings, an older sister Javiera, a younger brother Nicolas, and a younger sister Lux Pascal. He belongs to Hispanic ethnicity and his religion is Christianity. His zodiac sign is Aries.
Pascal’s family was granted political asylum in Denmark, nine months after his birth. This is because his mother was the cousin of Andrés Pascal Allende (the son of President Allende’s sister Laura), the leader of the Movement of the Revolutionary Left, an urban guerrilla movement dedicated to Pinochet’s overthrow. The Pascal family ultimately moved to the US, where Pedro Pascal grew up. He grew up in Orange County, California, and San Antonio, Texas. His family was able to take regular trips to their home country by the time Pedro Pascal was 8 years old. He has 34 first cousins. His father was involved in a scandal at the Orange County fertility clinic that led Pedro’s family members to return to Chile. His father, mother, and two younger siblings returned back to Chile. His mother died shortly after returing to Chile. He has Chilean (Spanish and Basque) and 1/16th Peruvian ancestry.
Regarding his educational background, he attended the Orange County School of the Arts. He graduated in 1993. He then attended New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts. He graduated in 1997.
Pedro Pascal Career
- Pedro Pascal made his television debut in a guest role as Gregor New in the American supernatural comedy-drama series, Good vs. Evil in 1999.
- In the same year, he starred in guest roles in television series, Undressed (as Greg) and Buffy the Vampire Slayer (as Eddie).
- He also had a guest voice role in an episode of the animated series, Downtown in the same year.
- He later made guest appearances in several television series including Touched by an Angel, NYPD Blue, Law & Order: Criminal Intent, Without a Trace, The Good Wife, Nurse Jackie, Lights Out, Brothers & Sisters, Charlie’s Angels, Body of Proof, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Nikita, Red Widow, Homeland, The Mentalist, Graceland, and Home Movie: The Princess Bride among several others.
- He was cast in the pilot for the 2011 Wonder Woman television adaptation. However, the show was never picked up.
- Pascal made his breakthrough when he played the role of Oberyn Martell in the fourth season of the HBO fantasy drama series, Game of Thrones in 2014.
- For his role in Game of Thrones, he was nominated for Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series.
- Following his breakthrough, he landed another major role as DEA agent Javier Pena in the Netflix crime drama series, Narcos in 2015.
- He landed the title role in Disney+ The Mandalorian in 2019. It is the first live-action Star Wars television series.
- For his role in The Mandalorian, he was nominated for the Critics’ Choice Super Award for Best Actor in a Science Fiction/Fantasy Series in 2021.
- He made his film debut with the 2005 drama film, Hermanas, where he played Steve.
- He starred in minor roles in several films before he made his breakthrough with Game of Thrones in 2014.
- He then started landing major roles in numerous films.
- He has major roles in Bloodsucking Bastards (2015), The Great Wall (2016), Kingsman: The Golden Circle (2017), Prospect (2018), The Equalizer 2 (2018), If Beale Street Could Talk (2018), Triple Frontier (2019), Wonder Woman 1984 (2020), and We Can Be Heroes (2020) among others.
- He starred alongside Matt Damon in The Great Wall, alongside Denzel Washington in The Equalizer 2, and alongside Ben Affleck in Triple Frontier.
- He starred in television films, Earth vs. the Spider (2001), and Burn Notice: The Fall of Sam Axe (2011).
- He will play Javi alongside Nicolas Cage and Neil Patrick Harris in the upcoming action comedy film, The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent.
- Besides movies and television shows, Pascal has also starred in numerous theater productions. He also has experience in the direction in theaters.
- He has appeared Off-Broadway in Maple and Vine by Jordan Harrison, Beauty of the Father by Nilo Cruz, Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa’s Based on a Totally True Story, Trista Baldwin’s Sand, David Greenspan’s Old Comedy, Terrence McNally’s Some Men, and Shakespeare in the Park’s 2006 production of Macbeth.
- He won the Los Angeles Drama Critics Circle Award and Garland Award for his role in the International City Theater production of Orphans.
- He is a member of New York City’s LAByrinth Theater Company.
Pedro Pascal Wife
Pedro Pascal is not married yet. It is not known whether he is dating anyone at present. He maintains a low profile regarding his personal life.
In the past, he had a fair share of relationships with few known personalities. He dated actress and his Law & Order co-star, Maria Dizzia in 1990. While playing Oberyn Martell in Game of Thrones, he was romantically linked with his co-star Lena Headey. However, their affair was never confirmed and the rumor faded away. He was also romantically linked with The Mentalist co-star, Sarah Paulson. However, neither of them confirmed their affair.
He lives in New York City, New York.
Pedro Pascal Height
Narcos and Game of Thrones star Pedro Pascal stands at a height of 1.8 m i.e. 5 feet and 11 inches tall. He has a body weight of 167.5 lbs i.e. 76 kg. He has an athletic body build. His eye color is dark brown and his hair color is dark brown. His sexual orientation is straight.
Pedro Pascal Net Worth
The GOT star Pedro Pascal earns from his career in the entertainment industry. The majority of his income comes from his acting career. He has starred in either lead roles or in guest roles in numerous movies and television series to date. He is paid a handsome salary for his works. Besides acting, he also has directing experience. Summing up, Pascal has made his fortune working in the entertainment industry. At present, his net worth is estimated at $10 million.