Paramount Plus 2021: Watch Star Trek Movies and Shows Online
Star Trek is one of the most popular sci-fi series of all time, ranging from low-budget fare to blockbuster movies. Trek is a multi-platform franchise that has produced countless animated, TV and film iterations, but it also has a long-standing, passionate fan base.
Paramount+’s 2017 release of Star Trek Discovery has made the Trek TV universe one of the most popular original programming channels. Paramount+’s recent success with short series has been a major improvement on Kevin Feige’s aggressive rollout of new shows in Phase Four of Marvel Cinematic Universe. Star Trek: Lower Decks, Picard and other series have challenged the limits of what the universe can do with its canon in their initial seasons.
Paramount+ has everything Trek related, from the latest releases to the classic adventures of Star Trek Enterprise, Deep Space 9 Voyager and many more.
How can I watch Paramount+ online for free?
You can choose from two options to view Paramount+ online when you sign up for Paramount+. Paramount+ plans come with limited commercials at $4.99 per month or a free commercial at $9.99/month. If you aren’t sure if you want to commit to a full subscription, Paramount+ is available for free for 7 days. Are you currently enrolled at university? Students may also be eligible for 25% discount if they provide an “edu”, email address. This is one of many streaming discounts available to students online.
Paramount+, ViacomCBS’s vast existing content library, is now available on Paramount+. Paramount+ will also continue to host critically acclaimed original Trek series such as Star Trek: Picard and Star Trek: Discovery.
Paramount+: What Star Trek TV Shows are Available?
Star Trek was launched on September 8, 1966, on NBC-TV. It introduced a new era in programming for science fiction. Although it was not a huge success, the original series’ 79 episodes were still available for syndication. A loyal fan base grew. Eight TV series have hundreds of episodes and are currently streaming on Paramount+.
Below is an updated list of all Star Trek shows available on Paramount+. Note that this isn’t the official timeline for when these shows take place in canon–Enterprise is actually the “earliest” Trek series–but we’ll cover that below.
- Star Trek: The Original Series (1966-1969)
- Star Trek: The Animated Series (1973-1974)
- Star Trek: The Next Generation (1987-1994)
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (1993-1999)
- Star Trek: Voyager (1995-2001)
- Star Trek: Enterprise (2001-2005)
- Star Trek: Discovery (2017-Present)
- Star Trek: Short Treks (2018-Present)
- Star Trek: Picard (2020-Present)
- Star Trek: Lower Decks (2020-Present)
- Star Trek: Prodigy (2021)
- Star Trek: Strange New Worlds (2021)
- Star Trek: Section 31 (TBA)
What Star Trek Movies Are Streaming on Paramount+?
Unfortunately, while Paramount+ may be home to most of the films featuring the cast of the Original Series, many other Trek films are hosted on other streaming services.
Here are the Star Trek movies streaming on Paramount+, and where to stream the rest of the Star Trek films not available on their platform.
- Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979)
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (1982)
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock (1984)
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier (1989)
- Star Trek Generations (1994)
- Star Trek: Nemesis (2002)
- Building Star Trek (2016) — Documentary
NOT CURRENTLY ON PARAMOUNT+: Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home (1986), Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country (1991), Star Trek: First Contact (1996), Star Trek: Insurrection (1998) are available on Hulu. For the Kelvin Timeline movies, you’ll have to hop around a bit—Star Trek (2009) and Star Trek Into Darkness (2013) are on fuboTV and Star Trek Beyond (2016) is on Hulu. You can also stream most Star Trek films on Amazon Video.
How to Watch Every Star Trek Movie and Show In Order
Figuring out a chronological timeline of Star Trek over can be overwhelming for even the most seasoned of Trekkies. With over 50 years of mirror verses, time-travelling back and forth, alternate timelines and spin-offs, we’ve created a guide for how to watch every Star Trek series and film in order. We’ve organized it by Stardate instead of year of release for optimal accuracy, but note that some series like TNG and DS9 run concurrently.
- Star Trek: Enterprise (2151-2161)
- Star Trek: Discovery Seasons 1 and 2 (2255-)
- Star Trek: Strange New Worlds (2255-) (Coming soon to Paramount+)
- Star Trek: The Original Series (2265-2269)
- Star Trek: The Animated Series (2269-2270)
- Star Trek: The Motion Picture (2273)
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (2285)
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock (2285)
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home (2286/1986)
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier (2287)
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country (2293)
- Star Trek: The Next Generation (2364-2370)
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (2369-2375)
- Star Trek Generations (2371)
- Star Trek: Voyager (2371-2378)
- Star Trek: First Contact (2373/2063)
- Star Trek: Insurrection (2375)
- Star Trek: Nemesis (2379)
- Star Trek: Lower Decks (2380)
- Star Trek: Picard (2399-)
- Star Trek: Discovery Season 3 (3155?)
- Star Trek: Short Treks (2239-3300 Prime Timeline)
- Star Trek: Section 31 (TBA)
The “Kelvin Timeline” refers to the newest Trek movies directed by J.J. Abrams and Justin Lin. The timeline of these films exist in a parallel universe created in 2233, so we’ve included them separately.
- Star Trek (2258 Kelvin Timeline)
- Star Trek Into Darkness (2259 Kelvin Timeline)
- Star Trek Beyond (2263 Kelvin Timeline)
Everything Star Trek Coming To Paramount+ This Year
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Season 2 (August 12th, 2021)
- Women In Motion: Nichelle Nichols, Star Trek and the Remaking of NASA (Documentary—June 3rd, 2021)
- Discovery Season 4 (2021) : Star Trek
- Prodigy (Late 2021) –Star Trek
- Star Trek: Picard Season 2 (2022)