Nailing Exquisite Ambience for Your Home Decor with Interior Lighting
Nailing Exquisite Ambience: What is in a light? As a homeowner, this might not be a question you think about a lot. Because in most cases lighting is just functional. However, if you have a knack for style. You appreciate the power of lighting in transforming a bland room into an exquisite living space. That every guest wants to linger in.
Lighting as an Integral Part of Your Home
If you buy a home today, you will most likely find the lighting architecture already in place. Redesigning overall home décor, including lighting, helps you to own the house by giving it a personal touch.
According to the American Lighting Association (ALA). The core functions of lighting, including enhancing vision, safety, comfort, and security, are now secondary to aesthetics. This is where your home décor expertise comes in to get the ambience you desire. And in the process, revolutionize your living space.
Specific Lighting for Each Room
Of course, your property has different types of rooms, each with varying lighting needs. Some of the lighting ideas that go with the common rooms include:
- Living and family rooms: Different layers of light are required, including ambient, task, natural and accent lighting. You can incorporate portable lights, under cabinet lighting, ambient lighting through chandeliers. And accent lighting focusing on family photos or paintings.
- Kitchen area: This has gradually metamorphosed into the modern family room and also the busiest in the house. For small kitchens, simple overhead fixtures will do the trick. But if you have an elaborate cooking area, you can play around with recessed lighting over sink areas. A magnificent chandelier over the dining table or pendants to serve as task lighting.
- Bedroom: This is the best room to experiment with lighting. You definitely need a love, light either in the form of a bedside portable lamp or a spectacular chandelier. That will add some spice to the room. Ambient lighting should be your focus here and you should let your imagination flow freely.
- Bathroom: This is a nerve centre of the modern home design. After an exhausting day at work, you need to unwind with a long drawn bath. As such, you must choose warm glow lighting. Task lighting must be blended with accent lights to soften the ambience and give the bathroom a dreamy feel. Decorative fixtures, lighted mirrors, under cabinet lights are just some of the ideas you can incorporate in bathroom décor.
There are myriad lighting options to choose from and selecting an ideal style can be taxing. Luckily, there are some general factors to guide you including:
- Cost efficiency: Make sure you consider electric consumption. You can visit http://homedecoronlinetips.com/ to get competitive plans before overhauling your lighting lets you start paying for power through the nose.
- The magic of mixing: Make sure you mix the four layers of light, namely ambient, accent, task and natural light. This is the basic rule to perfect ambience and balance in every room.
- Go for drama: Accent lights focusing on the focal point of your architecture. Such as paintings, make your room look ethereal. It is an irresistible aura that will wow every visitor.
- Use of dimmers: Not only do they help you save money. But can also spice up some drama in the bedroom or bathroom area.
You don’t have to be an expert to get a splendidly designed décor. A little research into sample varying styles will do the trick. Get down to it, the feeling is just exhilarating if not satisfying.