More Than 150 Members Of The Saudi Royal Family Test Positive For Coronavirus

More Than 150 Members Of The Saudi Royal Family Test Positive For Coronavirus

Faisal bin Bandar bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, a former Saudi prince and former military officer who is believed to have reached the late 1970s, is in intensive care with COVID-19. He is the nephew of King Salman and a grandson of the founder of the modern kingdom. As governor of the capital of Riyadh, Prince Faisal’s post was previously held by a favorite son of the former King Abdullah and before that by King Salman himself. In fact, more than 150 members of the Saudi royal family have been disgusted with the virus that is sweeping the world. One question is: how did they get so many tests to verify that these 150 members of the House of Saud actually have a coronavirus? Well, given that there are more than 15,000 members of the House of Saud family and some estimates put their collective net worth at $ 1 trillion – they probably paid a fine penny to get as many tests.

Anyway, this story proves even more that this virus does not care about a person’s wealth and privileges, but that wealth and privilege can buy access to tests and medical care. that can make the difference between life and death.

The members of the Al-Saud family have an elite hospital dedicated to them. It would appear that this hospital is preparing 500 beds for an expected increase in the number of virus cases among Al-Saud family members and their entourage. The King Faisal Specialist Hospital has issued an alert saying that “the guidelines must be ready for VIPs across the country. We don’t know how many cases we will receive,” said the message, and went on to say that “all chronic patients to be removed as soon as possible “and that only” most urgent urgent cases “will be accepted. The alert was sent Tuesday evening April 7 to senior doctors at the hospital. Al-Saud clan sick staff will be treated at another hospital to make room for the royal family.

FAYEZ NURELDINE / AFP via Getty Images

Saudi Arabia reported its first COVID-19 case on March 2North Dakota. The government cut all air and land travel inside or outside its borders as well as between the provinces of the country. In addition, the leaders of Saudi Arabia have closed pilgrimages to the Muslim holy sites in Mecca and Medina. The country did all of this before its first reported case six weeks ago. The country has also imposed a strict 24-hour lockout on all of its largest cities. Only trips to the nearest grocery store or pharmacies are allowed. The government has also indicated that it is likely to cancel the annual hajj pilgrimage this summer. This pilgrimage attracts 2.5 million Muslims to Mecca and has taken place every year since Napoleon invaded Egypt in 1798.

Saudi Arabia today has 2,795 confirmed cases of coronavirus with 41 deaths. Up to 150 members of the royal family are counted in the number of confirmed cases. King Salman, 84, has isolated himself in his island palace near the city of Jeddah on the Red Sea for his own safety. His son, Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, 34, entered segregation with a number of his ministers at an isolated site on the same coast as his father.

The virus was said to have been brought to Saudi Arabia by a Saudi returning home after a visit to Iran, a regional epicenter of the virus.

Leave a Reply