Louis Nix III was an American professional footballer. He was a nose tackle in the National Football League (NFL). He called himself “Irish Chocolate”. Back then, he was first drafted by Houston Texas in the third round (83rd Overall) of the 2014 NFL Draft and was signed to a $2.85 million with the signing bonus of $575,252 on 16th May 2014. Later, he was released by Houston Texas on 4th September 2015. Then, he was selected by New York Giants and again waived by the team on 3rd September 2016. He next signed to the practice squad of the Washington Redskins on 19th September 2016. After that, he was signed to the Jacksonville Jaguars and then released by the Jaguars on 15th May 2017. On 27th February, he was found dead.
Louis Nix III Death Cause/Cause of Death
Back on 8th December 2020, he was shot during an armed robbery at a Jacksonville Florida gas station while he was putting air in his car tires. He survived the incident. On 24th February 2021, he was reported missing by his mother. She said he was last seen leaving his father’s house in Jacksonville on Tuesday. Nix and his mother speak frequently, so she told Ben Becker of WJAX-TV that her son’s sudden lack of communication was out of the ordinary for him. His car was found in a pond near his apartment in Jacksonville, and he was found dead on 27th February 2021 after being reported of three days. Whereas his cause of death has not been revealed yet.
- Being an American professional football player.
- Playing for Houston Texans (2014), New York Giants (2015), Washington Redskins (2016), Jacksonville Jaguars (2016).
What was the Nationality and Ethnicity of Louis Nix III?
On 31st July 1991, Louis Nix III was born with the real name/birth name of Louis Anthony Nix III in Jacksonville, Florida, the USA. He held American nationality and his ethnic background was African-American. His race was black. He lastly celebrated his 29th birthday as of 31st July 2020. Leo was his Zodiac sign and his religion was Christian. Details about his parents, siblings, and family members have not been publicized yet. About his educational background, he went to attend William M. Raines High School and then attended the University of Notre Dame.
How was the Career of Louis Nix III?
- During Louis Nix’s high school time, he played football, basketball and competed in track & field.
- He was an All-State defensive lineman in his high school football.
- As a junior & as a sophomore, he tallied 19 combined sacks in the years 2007 and 2008.
- He recorded 50 tackles and 10 sacks in the year 2009 as a senior.
- He was then named an All-First Coast pick as a defensive lineman by the Florida Times-Union of Jacksonville.
- He was also selected to play in 2010 Under Armour All-America Game in St. Petersburg, Florida.
- By Rivals.com, he was regarded as a four-star recruit and he was ranked as the No. 7 defensive tackle of his class.
- During his college career, he played 11 games as a sophomore in the year 2011 recording 45 tackles.
- He then started 11 out of 13 games in the year 2012 recording 50 tackles.
- For Notre Dame, he started the first 7 games of the season in the year 2013 in his senior season.
- He suffered arthroscopic surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his knee due to which he could not play the furthermore and finished his senior season with 27 tackles.
- Moving towards his professional career, he was drafted by Houston Texas in the third round (83rd overall) of the 2014 NFL Draft. He signed a $2.85 million contract with the Texans on 16th May 2014 including a signing bonus of $575,252.
- He later underwent second knee surgery during the off-season and third knee surgery on 24th September 2014. Due to this, he was released by the Texans on 4th September 2015.
- Louis was even waived by the New York Giants on 8th September 2015 as he failed his physical. On 9th September 2015, he was re-signed by the Giants and was again waived on 7th November 2015.
- He was re-signed by the Giants on 10th November 2015. He has signed a reserve/future contract with the Giants on 6th January 2016. Later, he was finally released by the Giants on 3rd September 2016.
- He was next signed by the Washington Redskins on 5th September 2016. He was then released from the practice squad on 19th September.
- On 25th October 2016, he was signed by the Jacksonville Jaguars ad signed a reserve/future contract with the Jaguars on 4th January 2017.
- Later, he was released by the Jaguars on 15th May 2017.
Who was Louis Nix III Dating?
Louis Nix III was an unmarried man. Thus, he has no wife. But he was in a relationship with his girlfriend. He was dating his beautiful partner, Ketarah Reed. The duo was living together prior to the death of Louis. She said after Nix said he was on his way back home on Tuesday night after hanging out with a friend, she never heard from him again. His sexual orientation was straight and he was not gay. There is no affairs and extramarital news about him.
How much was Louis Nix III Net Worth & Salary?
A professional football player, Louis Nix III had accumulated a cool amount of money throughout his career. His major source of wealth was from his football career. He was living a cool lifestyle from his earnings. As of 2021, the net worth of Louis Nix III was estimated to have $4 Million. His salary was $660 Thousand as of 2016. Back then, he had an entry-level contract with a salary amounting to $2.8 Million in four years. Whereas his salary as of 2020 and 2021 is still to get unfold yet.
How tall was Louis Nix III?
With a large body build, Louis Nix III had a tall height of 6 ft 2 in or 1.88 m. His weight consisted of 331 lbs or 150 KG. His other body measurements such as chest size, waist size, biceps size, and more have not been revealed yet. Back then, he maintained his body a lot by doing frequent exercises. His hair color was black and his eye color was also black.