Credit repair is an important process for many individuals who are looking to improve their financial standing and future opportunities. With countless credit repair companies available, it can be challenging to decide which one is the best fit for you. One of the most popular and reputable credit repair companies is Lexington Law. In this comprehensive review, we will analyze Lexington Law’s credit repair services, pricing, and customer support, so you can make an informed decision about whether their services are right for you.
Section 1: Company Overview
Lexington Law, founded in 1991, has been a leader in the credit repair industry for over three decades. With its team of experienced attorneys and paralegals, Lexington Law focuses on helping clients remove negative items from their credit reports and providing them with guidance and education to maintain good credit. The company operates in all 50 states, offering various credit repair plans tailored to each client’s needs.
Section 2: Services Offered
Lexington Law offers three different credit repair service plans: Concord Standard, Concord Premier, and PremierPlus. Each plan includes different levels of services, including:
- Concord Standard: This basic plan covers the essentials of credit repair, such as disputing inaccurate items with credit bureaus and providing clients with general support.
- Concord Premier: This plan offers more comprehensive services, including disputing items directly with creditors, monitoring clients’ credit scores, and providing personalized credit score analysis and improvement recommendations.
- PremierPlus: This top-tier plan includes everything from the Concord Premier plan, as well as additional services like identity theft protection, financial planning tools, and priority customer support.
Section 3: Pricing
Lexington Law’s pricing for each plan is as follows:
- Concord Standard: $89.95 per month
- Concord Premier: $109.95 per month
- PremierPlus: $129.95 per month
It’s essential to note that there is an initial setup fee of $99.95 for all plans. While Lexington Law’s pricing may seem higher compared to some competitors, the company’s reputation and expertise may justify the investment for some clients.
Section 4: Customer Support
Lexington Law’s customer support is available via phone and email, Monday through Friday. The company’s website also provides extensive resources, such as articles and blog posts, to educate clients about credit repair and financial management. PremierPlus plan subscribers receive priority support, ensuring faster response times and personalized assistance.
Section 5: Pros and Cons
- Experienced team of attorneys and paralegals
- Customized plans to suit different needs and budgets
- Proven track record of successful credit repair cases
- Extensive educational resources available to clients
- Higher pricing compared to some competitors
- Limited customer support hours
- No mobile app for easy account management
|Premier Plus||Concord Premier||Concorde Standard|
|Assistance to creditors||✓||✓||✓|
|Identity theft insurance||✓||✓||✓|
|Debt management service||✓||✓||✓|
|Rapport TransUnion/score FICO||✓|
|Lost Wallet Protection||✓|
|personal finance manager||✓|
Lexington Law can issue up to 19 credit dispute letters on your behalf per 45-60 day cycle to Equifax, Experian and TransUnion. If they identify incorrect or outdated information on your credit reports, they can send a dispute letter to each credit bureau to help correct the problem.
Assistance to creditors
As a client of Lexington Law, you will benefit from assistance or intervention from creditors. With this service, the company will correspond with your creditors to help you with certain credit issues, such as late payments or debt validation.
For example, Lexington Law may send a goodwill letter asking a particular lender to stop reporting late payments if you have recently experienced financial difficulty. Or he could send a debt validation letter, which is usually issued to help verify a debt that a borrower believes is invalid. Depending on the plan you choose, it may also send cease and desist letters asking creditors to stop contacting you about a debt.
Lexington Law’s Inquiries Assistance Service allows you to get help with inaccurate or outdated inquiries about your credit reports. The company will dispute questionable difficult claims on your behalf.
Identity theft insurance
According to a study by financial advisory firm Javelin Research, approximately 15 million Americans had their identity stolen in 2021. Unfortunately, identity theft is quite common and can be devastating to your credit.
Lexington Law offers identity theft insurance as an added measure of protection, which includes up to $25,000 in coverage, 24/7 monitoring, and real-time alerts.
Debt management service
If you’re burdened with a large amount of credit card, student loan, or medical debt, Lexington Law’s debt management service could help you develop a repayment plan that works with your budget.
When information on your credit report changes, Lexington Law will promptly notify you of the new information. Its credit alerts could help prevent major damage to your report or identify potential identity theft early on.
Rapport TransUnion et score FICO
With Lexington Law’s Premier Plus plan, you have access to your TransUnion credit report and FICO score. Seeing how your score has changed over time (and why) can be a helpful way to track your progress towards better credit.
Lost wallet protection
Typically, if you lose your wallet, you need to cancel your credit cards, contact your bank, set up a fraud alert on your credit reports, replace your driver’s license, and more. Lexington Law offers Wallet Loss Protection to help you avoid some of the headaches of losing or having your wallet stolen.
personal finance manager
If you want to improve your long-term money management, Lexington Law’s Director of Personal Finance may be able to help.
Unwanted junk mail could put you at risk for identity theft if your personal information is included in the letter and you haven’t shredded it before putting it in the recycling bin or trash can. Lexington Law’s Premier Plus plan offers a Spam Reduction feature that helps minimize the amount of unsolicited mail you receive.
Although it may seem unlikely that identity thieves will be digging through your junk mail, it is possible. Shredding your mail is a simple step to help protect your personal information.
In addition to its variety of services, Lexington Law offers several features designed to help protect your credit and make the process of repairing your credit less cumbersome:
- Free Credit Repair Consultation: If you want to use Lexington’s Law to repair your credit, the company offers a free consultation that can help you determine which plan is best for your needs.
- Mobile App: For those who want to track progress via mobile, Lexington Law offers apps for Android and iOS. These apps allow you to view your credit score, get updates on your reports, and more.
- Discounts: Lexington Law is offering a 50% discount on its first work fee to eligible service members, friends or family members.
If you would like to reach Lexington Law Customer Service, you can do so from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. MST Monday through Friday. It does not offer customer support on Saturdays or Sundays. Although you cannot get support on weekends, you can contact customer service through several channels, including email, phone, live chat, or by submitting a ticket via email.
- Register for service : (833) 333-8277
- Customer Support : (833) 793-3000
The ability to connect with a person via live chat is a relatively unique feature among credit repair companies; few offer a live chat option.
Although Lexington Law offers comprehensive credit repair services and several options for contacting customer service, it has many complaints with the CFPB. Several customers complain about unclear and expensive fees, as well as problems removing certain items from their credit reports.
On Trustpilot, Lexington Law receives an average of 3.9 (“Excellent”) out of five stars from 495 reviews. Seventy-nine percent of critics rated it excellent. Many satisfied clients report that Lexington Law helped improve their credit, while dissatisfied clients report that their credit score did not change after paying for the services.
Unlike some credit repair companies that may charge cancellation fees or require you to enter into a contract, Lexington Law has a user-friendly cancellation policy. You won’t have to pay a cancellation fee if you decide this service isn’t right for you, and you can choose to cancel your plan at any time. To cancel your plan, you will need to speak with customer support over the phone.
If you are comparing credit repair services, be aware that Lexington’s Law is not the cheapest option available. Its Concord Standard plan costs $99.95/month, its Concord Premier plan costs $119.95/month, and its top-tier Premier Plus plan costs $139.95 per month.
In addition to the monthly plan fee, customers will also pay a separate first job fee, which will vary depending on the plan you choose. The Lexington Law website lists first job fees from $89.95 for the cheapest plan to $129.95 for the most expensive. But a customer service representative told us that the cheapest plan had a $24.95 first job fee.
Lexington Law is offering a 50% discount on first job fees for eligible military members, friends and family.
How to Choose a Credit Repair Company
There are many considerations when comparing credit repair companies. You will probably want to look at the following:
- Cost : You want a company that offers the services you need at an affordable price. When comparing options, consider the fees you’ll pay for credit repair assistance, such as first job fees and monthly fees.
- Features Offered : Some consumers may prefer a service that offers built-in identity theft insurance, while others may simply seek assistance with dispute letters. Consider the features offered by each company when shopping.
- Customer Service : If accessible customer service is important to you, be sure to look at your options for reaching a representative before choosing a credit repair service (phone, email, live chat, etc.).
- Discounts : Some companies offer special discounts. For example, with Lexington Law, eligible clients can get 50% off their first work fee. Look for available discounts to see how much you can save.
- Cancellation policy : A flexible cancellation policy can be useful in case you decide that a service is not suitable for you. Check if companies allow you to cancel at any time, if cancellation fees apply and whether or not there is a money back guarantee.
Although Lexington Law isn’t the cheapest option available, it offers a range of services that might help justify its higher monthly cost. Those looking for a cheaper option and fewer services may want to consider an alternative.
|Lexington’s Law||Sky blue||The credit people|
|Offered services||Credit Monitoring
Difficult Investigative Disputes Debt
Identity Theft Insurance
Difficult Investigative Disputes
Difficult Inquiry Disputes
|Max. Number of monthly disputes||13||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Letters to creditors||Collections, late payments, imputations, privileges, bankruptcies, repossessions||Validation of Debt, Goodwill, Cease and Desist||Not disclosed|
|First job costs||89,95 $ (24,99 $ par support client)||79,00 $||19,00 $|
|Minimum monthly fees||99,95 $ (24,99 $ par support client)||79,00 $||79,00 $|
|Customer service platforms||Phone, email, live chat, ticket||Phone, email, ticket||Phone, email, live chat, ticket|
Lexington Law is an established credit repair company that offers holistic credit repair services including dispute letters, creditor assistance, debt management services, identity theft insurance, and more. . Overall, it’s a good choice if you’re looking for multiple services and features to help improve your credit.
However, it has several complaints with the CFPB, and some users are reporting fee issues and no improvement in their credit. Comparing several credit repair companies can help you determine if Lexington’s Law is the best option for you.
How We Review Credit Repair Companies
Our team evaluated 17 credit repair companies and collected over 600 data points before narrowing down our top picks. We weighted 39 criteria, giving the highest weights to those that are most significant to customers.
The best choices were selected based on:
- Costs and fees (weighted 40.5% in total)
- Services offered (34%)
- Customer experience (22.5%)
- Stability (3%)
We considered factors such as the number of disputes that will be sent per month, the types of dispute letters that will be sent, cancellation and return policies, and how long the companies have been in business. This information has been used in our company’s star ratings and top picks.
Lexington Law has been a reputable credit repair company for over 30 years, offering various plans and services to suit different needs and budgets. While their pricing may be higher compared to some competitors, their experience and expertise in the field may justify the investment for clients seeking quality credit repair services. With a dedicated team of attorneys and paralegals, and extensive educational resources, Lexington Law is a solid choice for individuals looking to repair their credit and secure a brighter financial future.