An Award-winning American singer, songwriter, actress, and author who is famous for her debut album “Blue” is named for LeAnn Rimes. The album “Blue” charted at #1 in the US as well as Canada’s Top Country Albums list. At US Billboard 200, it climbed to #3. It received the certification of 3x Platinum in Canada and 6x Platinum in the USA. The album was nearly 35 minutes long. She rose to fame at age 13 following the release of her version of the Bill Mack song “Blue”. She has released ten studio albums and three compilation albums and two greatest hits albums, one released in the U.S. and the other released internationally, through her record label of 13 years, Curb Records. She has sold over 37 million records worldwide, with 20.8 million album sales in the United States according to Nielsen SoundScan. She is ranked 17th artist of the 1990-2000 decade. She appeared in the 2006 TV film “Holly Hobbie and Friends: Christmas Wishes” for her role as Kelly Deegan which was her debut film. It was the 100th direct-to-DVD to feature Holly Hobbie. She guest appeared in NBC’s daytime soap opera “Days of Our Lives” for her role as Madison in two episodes broadcast on April 30, and May 1, 1998, which was her debut TV show. She became an experienced singer by the age of nine and was discovered by Bill Mack, Dallas-based DJ, and record promoter. As an author, she has written four books: two novels and two children’s books.
- Being an American singer, songwriter, actress, as well as and author.
- For her well-known albums such as “Blue” (1996), “You Light Up My Life: Inspirational Songs (1997)”, “Sittin’ on Top of the World (1998)” among others.
What is the Birthplace of LeAnn Rimes?
LeAnn Rimes was born on 28th August 1982 with the real name of Margaret LeAnn Rimes. Her place of birth is in Jackson, Mississippi, the USA. Her origin is in Garland, Texas, U.S. She holds an American nationality and she belongs to American-White ethnicity/ethnic background. Her race is White. She is from the Christianity religion and her Zodiac sign is Virgo. As of 2020, she celebrated her 38th birthday. Thus, her present age is 38 as of today and she will be turning 39 as of 2021 following her birthday on 28th August. She was born as the only child to her parents; Wilbur Rimes (father) and Belinda Butler (mother). She has not clearly revealed the details of her educational qualifications.
How was the Singing and Acting Career of LeAnn Rimes?
- LeAnn Rimes’s singing career began by re-recording a new version of “Blue” for her debut studio album, and as a single with Curb Records. The album “Blue” sold 123,000 copies in its first week and peaked at number one on the Top Country Albums and debuted at number three on the Billboard 200 albums chart. Her single “One Way Ticket (Because I Can)” reached number one on the Billboard Country Chart in the year 1996. Then, she released a duet single with Eddy Arnold from the album, a remake of his 1955 hit “The Cattle Call”.
- “The Light in Your Eyes” and “Hurt Me” are the other singles of her debut album “Blue”.
- After then, she released a compilation of previously recorded material under the Nor Va Jak label, “Unchained Melody: The Early Years” in the year 1997.
- she made her TV debut appearing on the Disney Channel for a television special called “LeAnn Rimes in Concert”.
- Her second album, “You Light Up My Life: Inspirational Songs” was released in September 1997. The album contained an extended version of the single “How Do I Live” which set a new record for becoming the longest-running single in Billboard Hot 100 history, spending 69 weeks on the chart.
- Her third studio album for Curb records was “Sittin’ on Top of the World” which was released in May 1998 and released her fourth album “LeAnn Rimes” in October 1999 which included the songs such as “Crazy”, “I Fall to Pieces”, “Big Deal”, and “She’s Got You”.
- She made her acting debut in the film “Coyote Ugly” in the year 2000. “Can’t Fight the Moonlight” and “But I Do Love You” were released as a soundtrack for the film.
- Curb Records released another compilation of previously recorded material, “I Need You” in January 2001 and next released a compilation of patriotic and inspirational songs, titled “God Bless America” in Mid-October 2001.
- Her fifth studio album was entitled “Twisted Angel” which was released on 1st October 2001.
- She released her second greatest hits album, “The Best of LeAnn Rimes” in the year 2004.
- Her sixth album “What a Wonderful World” was released in the year 2004.
- As of January 2005, she released her seventh studio album “This Woman”. She recorded a cover version of Barbara Mandrell’s “If Loving You Is Wrong (I Don’t Want to Be Right)” in 2006.
- She released the eighth studio album “Whatever We Wanna” in the year 2006 and the ninth album “Family” in October 2007.
- Her tenth studio album “Lady & Swingin” was released on 27th September 2010. “Spitfire” was her last album under her contract with Curb Records which sold 10,798 copies in its first week and debuted at No. 36 on the Billboard 200 chart.
- Her most recent holiday album was “Today Is Christmas” which was released on 16th October 2015, as a full album rather than an EP.
- As an actress, she has also appeared in a number of movies such as Logan Luckey, America the Beautiful among others.
- She is scheduled to release a live album titled “Rimes: Live at Gruene Hall” on 13th April 2019, in honor of Record Store Day. But the album was later commercially released on digital platforms in September 2019.
- As of 2020, she competed as the “Sun” on the fourth season of the Fox reality singing competition “The Masked Singer”.
LeAnn Rimes Books
- Holiday in Your Heart (1997) with Tom Carter
- Jag (2003)
- Jag’s New Friend (2004)
- What I Cannot Change (2009) with Darrell Brown
Awards and Achievements
- Grammy Awards under the category of Best New Artist and Best Female Country Vocal Performance for her work “Blue” in 1997 and 1998
- Academy of Country Music under the category of Top New Female Vocalist, Song of the Year, Single of the Year for her work in “Blue” in 1996
- CMT Music Awards under the category of Female Star of Tomorrow in 1997
- American Music Awards under the category of Favorite New Country Artist in 1997, Country Music Association under the category of Horizon Award for her work in “Blue”
- World Music Awards under the category of World’s Best Selling Country Artist and World’s Best Selling American Artist in 1998
- Meteor Music Awards under the category of Best Selling International Female Single for her work in “Can’t Fight the Moonlight” in 2001
- CMT Music Awards in 2008 for her work in “‘Til We Ain’t Strangers Anymore” (shared with Bon Jovi)
- GMA Dove Awards for her work in “Ready for a Miracle” in 2008
- Academy of Country Music under the category of Humanitarian Award in 2009
Who is LeAnn Rimes’s Husband?
LeAnn Rimes is a married and previously divorced woman. After divorcing Dean, she started having affairs and relationships with Eddie Cibrian (actor) with whom she got engaged as well as tied the knot on 22nd April 2011. Their wedding took place at a private home in California, the USA. Talking about her sexual orientation, she is straight. She has several pet dogs, namely Raven, Virgo, Precious, and Evie.
Firstly, LeAnn was married to her husband, Dean Sheremet (backup dancer) in the year 2002 whom she met when he was chosen to dance during Rimes’s hosting of the 2001 Academy of Country Music Awards. As of July 2009, the couple separated, and in September 2009, she announced divorce which was finalized on 19th June 2010. The duo is enjoying their present life happily.
Back then, LeAnn filed a lawsuit against her father, Wilbur Rimes, and her former manager, Lyle Walker claiming her father and the former manager took over seven million dollars from her in the preceding five years on 21st May 2000. In 2002, her lawsuit with her father was “settled on undisclosed terms” and she reconciled with her father for her wedding. Later, she again filed a second lawsuit against her label, Asylum-Curb in November 2000. Part of her legal battles ended in December 2001, when Asylum-Curb started a new contract with Rimes.
As philanthropy, she opened up about her lifelong struggle with the autoimmune disease psoriasis in 208. She has supported many charities, organizations, and foundations, some of which are: ACM Lifting Lives, Disabled American Veterans, Gay Men’s Chorus of Los Angeles, and more.
How much is LeAnn Rimes Net Worth?
Successful and talented singer and actress, LeAnn Rimes has made a huge amount of money from her career. Starting the career in the year 1996, she is still active in the music and film industry. She is a very hard-working and dedicated woman towards her work. LeAnn’s net worth is estimated to have $10 Million as of 2021 whereas she has not mentioned exactly her salary and career earnings to the media. Her main source of income is from an acting and singing career. She has also appeared in commercials on Target, Lowes, 5 Hour Energy, Dr. Pepper, etc. She is enjoying a luxurious lifestyle as of today.
How tall is LeAnn Rimes?
Beautiful actress and singer, LeAnn Rimes stands tall at the perfect height of 5 ft 5 in or 165 cm. Her body weight is around 56 kg or 123.5 pounds. She maintains her body a lot by doing frequent exercise. Thus, her body build/body type is average. Her body measurement is 34-23-34 in or 87-58.5-87 cm. Her hair color is blonde and she has a pair of blue eyes color. Overall, she has got a sexy body with a charming personality. She was diagnosed with anxiety and stress on 29th August 2012.