Famous Journalist, News Presenter, and Philanthropist, Jovita Moore is currently working for WBS-TV (Channel 2 Action News) in Georga. After finishing her journalism degree, Jovita joined WMC-TV in Tennessee and worked there as an anchor. She also worked as a daily news reporter in 2005. She was awarded for her outstanding reporting on medical as Emmy in 2001 and has been enlisted in the list of 50 Most Beautiful Women by Jebel’s Magazine.
Jovita Moore to undergo surgery for brain tumor
Jovita will undergo surgery on Friday after doctors discovered two small masses on her brain. She underwent an MRI after noticing symptoms on Monday afternoon. Just before going on air Monday, Jovita told Channel 2’s Justin Farmer that she wasn’t feeling great. “I was really concerned about why all of a sudden I was forgetful, disoriented, and just not feeling myself. Feeling like I was in a fog and really wanting to get out of that fog,” Jovita said. She is currently surrounded by her family as she prepares to undergo surgery Friday morning. Recovery from the surgery will last 8-10 weeks and we will keep you updated on her progress on Channel 2 Action News at WSBTV.com.
- Being a member of the Association of Black Journalists.
- Being an American News Presenter, Reporter and for presenting the daily newscast of WSB-TV in Atlanta, Georgia.
- For serving on the board of “Genesis Shelter”, an NGO dedicated to helping new mothers and newborns.
Where is Jovita Moore from?
Jovita Moore took birth in New York, the USA. Thus, she belongs to American nationality. Her birth date is 4th October 1968. She came from a mixed ethnic background of American-African however, her race is white. Raised by a single mother, she grew up in New York. She has not revealed her parent’s name. Born on 4th October, her Zodiac sign is Libra which indicates the personality of charming, beautiful, and well-balanced. She follows the Christian religion. Cutting the birthday cake in 2020, her age turned to 52.
Jovita Moore attended Bennington College in 1985 from where she graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Literature in 1989. Then, she attended Columbia University and Graduate School of Journalism in the year 1989, from where she earned a Master’s of Science in Broadcast Journalism, in 1990.
Where is Jovita Moore Now?
- By working with KFSM (television station) in Arkansas, Jovita began her career. She worked for KFSM-TV for three years and she was promoted as an anchor at WMC-TV in Tennessee.
- Then, she associated with WBS-TV (Channel 2 Action News) in Georga and she is currently working here.
- Also a philanthropist, Jovita gave her time in NGO across Atlanta. What’s more, she is the owner of a non-profit youth organization named ‘Live to Prosper’.
- She served her community establishing her mark as a member of Outstanding Atlanta’s class of 2004 and leadership Atlanta’s Class of 2007.
- Moreover, she is also a member of the Association of Black Journalists and the National Association of Black Belt journalists.
- Not only this but also she serves on the board of ‘Genesis Shelter’.
Who is Jovita Moore married to?
Jovita Moore is an unmarried woman as per her marital status. But she has not shared anything about the details of her husband, boyfriend, affairs to the media. However, it is known that she is the proud single mom of three kids whose names go by Shelby, Marley, and Josh. Her children are grown up. She is living a happy life with her children as of today. Her sexual orientation is straight.
What is Jovita Moore Net Worth?
As of 2021, the net worth of Jovita is believed to have $1 Million as per s. She is receiving an average annual salary of between $25K -$72K as per s. Her primary of wealth comes from journalists and philanthropists. She is living a cool lifestyle at present in Georgia, the USA.
How tall is Jovita Moore?
With an average height, she stands tall at 5 ft 7 in or 1.71 m. Her balanced bodyweight consists of 62 Kg or 136 lbs. She has attractive dark brown eyes with golden-brown hair color. She is also known for her stylish hairstyle and haircut which makes her look young. Her body measurement is 38-25-37 in (breast-waist-hip). Overall, she has got a healthy body with a charming personality attracting a lot of people towards her.
Jovita Moore Health and Illness
Jovita Moore is undergoing brain surgery Friday to remove two small tumors, the station reported Thursday during the 4 p.m. newscast. She underwent an MRI on Monday after noticing something was amiss. She wasn’t feeling well just before going on air with co-anchor Justin Farmer that day but felt worse while walking through a grocery store parking lot later. Her neurosurgeon Dr. Edjah Nduom said he is unsure of the severity of the situation. “I can tell you Jovita is upbeat, optimistic, and feels surrounded by love,” he told WSB-TV.