John Gerald Geddert famed as John Geddert was an American gymnastic coach who was the head coach for the London 2012 US Olympic Gymnastics Team. He had also coached Olympic champion, Jordyn Wieber. He was a long-time associate of sex offender Larry Nassar. He was charged with physical, psychological abuse, and sexual abuse prior to his suicide. One day after USA Gymnastics announced the suspension of his membership pending an investigation into the abuse allegations, he retired from coaching. He passed away on 25th February 2021 committing suicide.
John Geddert found dead after being charged with human trafficking and sex crimes
Geddert, 64, takes his own life after being charged with 24 crimes. He was charged with 24 felonies in connection with the abuse of young gymnasts, was an “escape from justice,” said Sarah Klein, one of the many athletes. “He tortured and abused little girls, myself included, for more than 30 years and was able to cheat justice,” said Klein, who had identified herself as the first to be abused by former USA Gymnastics team doctor Larry Nassar. “Geddert was a narcissistic abuser. His suicide is an admission of guilt that the entire world can now see. Also guilty are his enablers including the top officials at USA Gymnastics and the US Olympic and Paralympic Committee who promoted him, enabled him and allowed him to coach Team USA,” Klein said. His long-time associate of sex offender Larry Nassar was sentenced to up to 175 years in prison in 2018, after more than 150 women and girls said in court that he sexually abused them over decades.
John Geddert Cause of Death/Death Cause
John Geddert dies at 63 with the death cause of suicide by a self-inflicted gunshot wound at a rest area off Interstate 96 in Grand Ledge, Michigan. His death happened after he was charged with 24 felony crimes. He was also facing 14 counts of human trafficking-forced labor resulting in injury, six counts of human trafficking of a minor for forced labor, and one count each of continuing criminal enterprise, first-degree criminal sexual conduct, second-degree criminal sexual conduct, and lying to a peace officer during a violent crime investigation. His death date was 25th February 2021 (Thursday).
- Being an American gymnastics coach.
- Being the head coach for the London 2012 US Olympic Gymnastics Team.
What was the Birthplace of John Geddert?
On 21st December 1957, John Geddert was born with the birth name/full name of John Gerald Geddert. His place of birth was in Michigan, the USA. He held American nationality and his ethnic background was American-White. His race was White. John lastly celebrated his 63rd birthday. Concerning his educational background, he attended Alpena High School and then went to Central Michigan University. Sagittarius was his Zodiac sign and his religion was Christian. Details about his parents is unavailable at a moment.
How was the Career of John Geddert (Life Story)?
- Moving towards the career of John Geddert, he served as the head coach at Great Lakes Gymnastics club since the year 1984. Back then, he worked with Larry Nassar.
- He was also named Male Coach of the Year for the United States Gymnastic Federation in Michigan in the year 1988.
- What’s more, he won the Federation’s Regional Coach of the Year award in both years (1990 and 1991).
- During his career timeline, he has also been the Twistars USA Gymnastics Club in Dimondale in the year 1996 which has a back room where Larry Nassar sexually molested young female athletes.
- Later, John gave the ownership and management to his wife after the news and rumors of Larry’s sex abuse scandal.
Involvement in U.S. Sexual Abuse Scandal
- His working partner, Larry Nassar was sued for sexually assaulting at least 150 women and girls which caused legal troubles for Geddert.
- Many former gymnasts as well as parents have asserted that the intense and abusive environment Geddert created in his gym allowed for Nassar, a quiet and seemingly gentle doctor who regularly volunteered at Geddert’s gym, to easily groom gymnasts and gain their trust.
- Many gymnasts have admitted that Geddert created such a hostile environment that they were unable to approach Geddert about the abuse.
- Then, one former gymnast testified that Geddert walked in on a supposed medical session while Nassar was penetrating her with his fingers. The witness stated that Geddert joked about her injury and left the room.
Who was John Geddert married to?
John Geddert was a married man. He married his beautiful wife whose name goes by Kathryn. Details about their married date and wedding are unavailable at the moment. Back to his death, he was living a happy life with his spouse. The married couple was blessed with three kids/children. There is no news about his extramarital affairs or being in a relationship with anyone. He was very loyal to his wife and their bond was strong. His sexual orientation was straight and he was not gay.
What was the Net Worth of John Geddert?
John Geddert was a famous gymnastics coach from where he had accumulated a huge amount of money. The net worth of John Geddert was estimated to have between $500,000 and $1 Million. His major source of wealth was from his coaching career. Whereas his exact salary is still to get unfold yet. Back then, it was reported in January 2020 that the former coach, insurers of USA Gymnastics Club, and its current wonder Kathryn would be paying over $2 million in settlement to Nassar’s victims.
How tall was John Geddert?
John Geddert was a very handsome man with a tall height of 4 ft 5 in. His body build is slim. Details about his weight, shoe size, body measurements is still to get publicized yet. He also wore a spectacle which suits him well.