Kim Seok-jin, better known by his stage name Jin is a South Korean singer and songwriter. He is a member of the South Korean boy band BTS alongside Jungkook, Jimin, J-Hope, V, RM, and Suga, since 2013. Since then he is working as the main visual handler and vocalist for BTS. He has also released some solo tracks such as “Awake”, “Epiphany”, “Abyss” and “Moon”.In October 2018, Jin was awarded the fifth-class Hwagwan Order of Cultural Merit by South Korean President Moon Jae-in along with other members of the BTS, for their contribution to Korean culture.
Besides singing, he has co-hosted various TV music programs including “Inkigayo”, “M Countdown”, “Music Bank” and “KBS Song Festival”.
According to data collected by analytics company Gallup Korea, Jin was ranked as the overall 13th most popular idol and 6th among girls aged 13-19 in South Korea in 2019.
What is Jin famous for?
- Famous as a member of the South Korean boy band “BTS”.
- Famous for his solo tracks: “Epiphany”, “Abyss” and “Moon”.
Where is Jin from?
Jin was born on December 4, 1992, in Gwacheon, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea as Kim Seok-jin. His fans also call him by the name Worldwide handsome, Fake Maknae, Prince Jin, and more. He is South Korean by nationality. He belongs to a multiracial (Mongolian-South Korean) ethnicity. His zodiac sign is Sagittarius while his Chinese zodiac sign is Monkey. Her religion is Christianity.
Regarding his family, Jin was born to South Korean parents and his father is the CEO of a company. However, his father’s and mother’s name has not revealed yet. He has an older brother, Kim Seok-Jung who helped him to enter in hip hop world.
Jin attended Bosung High School. He graduated from Konkuk University with a degree in art and acting on February 22, 2017. Later on, he joined Hanyang Cyber University to pursue studies in areas other than music.
Jin Career Highlights
- Jin was scouted by South Korean K-pop agency SM Entertainment off the street while he was in junior high school. But he rejected the offer at the time because he wanted to become an actor initially.
- He was spotted for his good looks by the South Korean Entertainment company Big Hit Entertainment while he was walking down the street. During that time he was studying acting.
- On June 13, 2013, Jin made his debut as one of the four vocalists in BTS with their debut single album “2 Cool 4 Skool”.
- He released his first co-produced track, a solo single from the album Wings titled Awake in 2016. He co-wrote the track along with Slow Rabbit, Hitman Bang, RM, J-Hope, June, and Pdogg. The track peaked at number 31 on the Gaon Music Chart and at number 6 on the Billboard World Digital Singles Chart.
- In December 2016, he released a Christmas version of “Awake” on SoundCloud.
- Jin collaborated with fellow BTS member V on the song It’s Definitely You. It was released as part of the original soundtrack of the South Korean TV series “Hwarang: The Poet Warrior Youth”. The song brings him a nomination for the Best OST Award at the 2017 Melon Music Awards.
- He also collaborated with another BTS member, Jungkook. They released a different version of the song “So Far Away”, which is a song from BTS member Suga’s self-titled mixtape Agust D.
- He has also sung cover versions of some songs by other artists which include ‘Mom’ by Ra D., ‘I love You’ by mate, and ‘In Front of the Post Office in Autumn’ by Yoon Do-Hyun. They were released on SoundCloud on May 7, 2015, December 3, 2015, and June 7, 2018, respectively.
- On August 9, 2018, the second solo by Jin, “Epiphany” was first released as a trailer for the then-forthcoming compilation album of BTS titled “Love Yourself: Answer”.
- A full version of the song was released as part of the compilation album on August 24, 2018, peaking at number 30 on the Gaon Music Chart and 4 on the Billboard World Digital Singles Chart.
- He has co-hosted various TV music programs including SBS aired “Inkigayo” in 2016, the Mnet aired “M Countdown” in 2016 and 2017, the KBS2 aired “Music Bank” in 2018, and the annual South Korean music show “KBS Song Festival” in 2017 and 2018.
- He also appeared on the South Korean reality documentary show, “Law of the Jungle” in 2017.
- Jin releases his first independent song “Tonight” as part of the 2019 BTS Festa on June 4, 2019.
- Jin released his second solo song “Abyss” on December 3, 2020. The song was composed by Jin and fellow BTS member RM, alongside record producers BUMZU and Pdogg.
- The same year, he released his third solo song “Moon” with BTS on its fourth studio album, “Map of the Soul: Variety”. Moon peaked at number one on the Gaon Digital Chart and at number two on Billboard’s US World Digital Singles chart.
- Furthermore, Jin and his elder brother launched a Japanese-style restaurant named Ossu Seiromushi in Seoul in 2018.
Source: [email protected]
Who is Jin dating?
The handsome hunk, jin is still unmarried and reportedly single as well. currently, he is busy in his music career. But, he has shared the details about his future girlfriend or spouse in a talk show. He wants his future wife or girlfriend’s looks and personality is similar to that of a puppy, takes good care of him, and also be good at cooking.
However, Jin was rumored to be dating Lee Guk Joo as she was close to him. But the rumor fades away after Guk Joo cleared herself. He was also linked with Twice Sana. Later, the rumor came out to be just another rumor.
How tall is Jin?
Jin has an attractive slim body build which perfectly matches his body weight around 63kg (138 lbs.). Also, he has the best body in BTS according to the other members. He is quite tall with a height of 1.78m (5 feet and 10 inches). His body measurement is 42-32-34 inches. He has a broad shoulder measuring 60 cm while his biceps are 14.5 inches. He wears a shoe size of 10 (UK). His hair color is brown and his eyes are grayish-brown in color. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
What is the Net Worth of Jin?
As a famous K-pop star, Jin has accumulated a good fortune. He majorly earns from his regular activities as a BTS member. He makes an extra buck from his solo music career. Besides, he co-owns a restaurant business with his elder brother in Seoul, South Korea. As of 2021, his net worth is around $20 million. He lives a luxurious lifestyle with his earnings.