Jenna Ortega is an American actress. She is best known for her role as Young Jane in the romantic comedy-drama series, Jane the Virgin. She began her career as a child actor. Her debut role was in an episode of the TV series, Rob. Since then, she has appeared in several TV series and films including “CSI: NY”, “Iron Man 3”, “Richie Rich”, “Stuck in the Middle”, “Elena of Avalor”, and “The Babysitter: Killer Queen”.
She was listed first on a list of Popsugar’s “20 under 20: Young Women Who Are Already kicking Ass and Taking Name” in 2020. She was also named a brand ambassador for the American brand, Neutrogena in the same year.
She is quite active on social media platforms. She has around 5.9m followers on Instagram @jennaortega, around 122.2k followers on Twitter @jennaortega, and around 383.7k followers on Facebook @JennaOrtega.
What is Jenna Ortega famous for?
- Famous as an American actress.
- Her role as Young Jane in the romantic comedy-drama series, “Jane the Virgin”.
Source: [email protected]
Where is Jenna Ortega from?
Jenna Ortega was born on September 27, 2002, in Coachella Valley, California, the United States. She of born to her father, Edward Ortega, and mother, Natalie Ortega. She has five siblings, two brothers named Markus Ortega and Isaac Ortega and three sisters named Mia Ortega, Aaliyah Ortega, and Mariah Ortega.
She holds an American nationality and belongs to multiracial ethnicity. She is of Mexican American descent from her father’s side and is of Mexican and Puerto Rican descent from her mother’s side. Her zodiac sign is Libra. She believes in Christianity.
Source: [email protected]
Jenna Ortega Career Highlights
- Jenna Ortega had interested in acting from a very young age and began receiving auditions by the age of eight with help of her parents.
- She made her acting debut with a guest appearance for the television series, “Rob” in the episode of ‘Baby Bug’ in 2012.
- Following this, she portrayed the role of Aimee Moore in the ninth season of the popular American police procedural TV series, “CSI: NY” in the episodes titled ‘Unspoken’ which aired on October 19, 2012.
- In 2013, she made her big-screen debut with a minor role in the superhero movie, “Iron Man 3” as the vice president’s daughter. The same year, she starred as Annie in the horror film, “Insidious: Chapter 2”.
- She had a recurring role as Zoe Leon in the comedy-drama TV series, “Rake” in 2014. The same year, she was cast in the role of the younger version of Jane on the romantic drama series “Jane the Virgin”.
- She also starred as Mary Ann in the direct-to-video comedy film, “The Little Rascals Save the Day” in the same year.
- In 2015, she was cast for the Netflix original series “Richie Rich” playing Darcy, Richie’s best friend. The same year, she appeared as Anna Chapa in the film, “After Words”.
- From 2016 to 2018, she played the lead role of Harley Diaz on the Disney Channel sitcom, “Stuck in the Middle”.
- Also in 2016, she joined the cast on Disney’s “Elena of Avalor” as the voice of Princess Isabel. The show was ended in 2020.
- In 2017, she starred in the music video for the single “Chapstick”, which was performed by and also stars Jacob Sartorius.
- In 2018, she starred in the lead role of Dawn in the film, “Saving Flora” for her portrayal Dawn receive a nomination for the Best lead Actress at the Southampton International Film Festival.
- She was cast in the main role of Ellie Alves, the sister of Delilah Alves, on the second season of the Netflix thriller series, “You” which released on December 26, 2019.
- The same year, she was also cast as Phoebe Atwell in the Netflix horror film “The Babysitter: Killer Queen”. The film was released in September 2020.
- She has also voiced for Brooklynn in the Netflix animated series “Jurassic World Camp Cretaceous” in 2020.
- In February 2020, it was announced that she will lead the upcoming high-school drama film, “The Fallout”. The film will have its world premiere at South by Southwest on March 17, 2021.
- She starred as Katie Torres in the Netflix comedy film, “Yes Day”, the film was released in March 2021.
- Also, she will appear in the upcoming slasher film, “Scream”.
- Besides, she made her writing debut with the book “It’s All Love which” was released in January 2021.
Jenna Ortega Award and Nominations
- Jenna Ortega won an Imagen Award under the category of Best Young Actor-Television for her role Harley Diaz in the film Stuck in the Middle in 2018.
- She was nominated as Best Lead Actress in a Feature at Southampton International Film Festival for Saving Flora in 2018.
- She was also nominated as Best Young Actor at Imagen Awards for Elena of Avalor in 2019.
Who is Jenna Ortega dating?
Jenna Ortega is single and too young for getting married. Now, she is enjoying her singlehood and focusing on her acting career. However, she was rumored to be dating American singer and actor, Issak Presley in the past.
She was also rumored to be dating American singer and songwriter, Jacob Sartorious in 2017 but she never confirmed her affairs.
How tall is Jenna Ortega?
Jenna Ortega is a gorgeous lady with a fair skin tone. Her body type is Pear. She stands at 1.51m (5 feet and 1 inch) tall and her body weighs around 48kg (105 lbs.). Her body measurements are 30-24-32 inches. She wears a bra size of 30A. Her shoe size is 5(US). She has a pair of beautiful Black eyes and her hair color is Dark Brown. Her sexual orientation is Straight.
What is the Net Worth of Jenna Ortega?
Jenna Ortega has quite good earnings from her professional acting career. Her major source of wealth is from her contribution to both TV and films. As of 2021, her net worth is estimated to be $3 million. She also earns an extra amount from endorsement deals with several brands and companies such as Kool-Aid, Target, Burger King, Fruity pebbles, Old Navy, and OMX Group.