ITIL Intermediate Certification: Career Path Explained
The Information Technology Infrastructure Library, popularly termed as the ITIL is essentially a framework or foundation that ensures structured & streamlined execution of the IT process. Nowadays, companies are focusing extensively on getting ITIL Certified professionals, especially for the recruitment in IT Services Management, Service Operation, Project Management, Service Transition, and Service Strategy and Design.
What is ITIL?
Precisely ITIL is a framework that ensures smooth and effortless execution of IT Service Delivery across the world. It defines a service lifecycle model that involves a set of process and activities during the design, development, delivery and finally, the support offered to the IT services. By implementing the ITIL framework, the companies continue to maintain consistent user experience.
Why Do Companies Look for ITIL Certified Professionals?
There’s a host of reasons as to why companies emphasize hiring ITIL certified professionals. The primary goal is that with accredited professionals, companies can stay assured about the more professional and streamlined service delivery. It results in:
- Improved customer satisfaction
- Significant improvement in ROI of IT
- Better asset utilization and planning
- Elimination of hidden costs
- Increased productivity
- Substantial growth in the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
ITIL Certification Levels
The primary aim of the certification course is at honing up the technical skills of the students so that they can perform their best in the real-life scenario. There are five levels of ITIL Certifications:
- Foundation: It’s mostly the basic level course that helps students gain a fundamental understanding of the ITIL framework. It allows students to learn about leveraging ITIL to augment IT service management. Before you proceed further, this is the mandatory level.
- Practitioner: This certification course is way more focused on improving the technical skills of a student in handling the ITIL framework. It offers practical and real-time guidance on adopting and adapting with the ITIL framework to support the business agenda and objectives.
- Intermediate: It’s a modular structure with a more focused approach on different areas of IT Management. Precisely, it delves a bit deeper of what you have learned in the Foundation & Practitioner level. One can opt for more than one Intermediate course, and it’s an industry-recognized certification.
- Expert: People who are already having an in-depth understanding of the ITIL framework and its scheme are awarded this certificate.
- Master: Master in ITIL is a certificate which validates that the concerned person is capable of making a practical application of any principles, methods, and techniques from ITIL in the workplace.
Certifications under ITIL Intermediate Level and How to Pursue Them
As mentioned earlier, the Intermediate Level is a modular structure that aims at providing technical know-how on various areas of IT Process and Management. One can take as many Intermediate qualifications as necessary, and it is an industry-recognized certification.
ITIL® Intermediate SO Certification Training
The certification is an essential qualification in the ITIL Service Lifecycle training. It validates your ability to enable responsive, stable and repeatable IT service delivery.
Exam and certification
To be eligible for this exam, the candidate must conform to the following:
- Opt for complete 21 hours of instruction (excluding break period) with an accredited training or e-learning organization.
- The candidate must adhere to the formal training course
- Should have a basic IT literacy.
- Must be a holder of the ITIL Foundation Certificate.
ATO or Accredited Training Organisation globally accredit each course of ITIL certification.
On the completion, of course, you can get a job in the major IT companies and place in the IT Service Delivery Department.
ITIL Intermediate OSA Certification Training
The certification validates a person’s ability to apply support resolution and analysis in the service management lifecycle in areas like event and incident management. This course is the prime requirement to be promoted in the ITIL Expert Level.
Exam and certification
The certification is awarded to the candidates who fulfil the prerequisites and pass the exam. APMG, EXIN, and CSME conduct the ITIL Intermediate OSA certification exam. To qualify for the review, candidates must opt for the following:
- Attend 28 hours of instruction offered by ATO.
- Hold ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
- Two to four years of experience in core IT Service Management
ITIL Intermediate ST Certification Training
It is one of the most fundamental areas of ITIL Service Lifecycle training that will help you establish yourself as an expert IT professional. The course entails detailed know-how on the process elements and management techniques to build up, test and implement products and services.
Exam and Certification
- At least 21 hours of coaching via online or offline classes offered by ATO
- A Foundation Certificate in ITIL is mandatory
- Experience in IT Service Management is necessary.
For a senior role in IT Service Management, this certification gets recognition globally.
ITIL Intermediate SD Certification Training
The certification course gives candidates exposure to processes, architectures, policies, and documentation of IT service management. To sit for the examination, you must have the following prerequisites.
Exam and certification
- Candidates must attend 21 hours of coaching conducted by the ATO.
- Should be a holder of ITIL Foundation Degree
- Should have hands-on training in IT Service Management.
A certified candidate is eligible for a job opportunity in the various promising role in IT Service Management and Delivery.
As already mentioned, ITIL is one of the premium globally recognized certifications. As a result, a person with an ITIL certification can expect a vast international avenue when it comes to career opportunities.
Considering the job trends, ITIL has been one of the top demanding professional qualifications as of now. The demand for this certification is even higher than CMMI. Here’s a graphical representation about the similar job trends of ITIL, Cobit & CMMI.
According to a survey conducted by Global Knowledge and Windows IT Pro, ITIL is one of the top 10 certifications that fetches a higher salary from the market. An ITIL certified professional can make three lakhs to 6 lakhs at the initial phase. However, the figures increase as the candidate gain industrial expertise and technical know-how.
Presently, the certification is highly in demand, and the job market for the ITIL professionals looks quite prospective.
From system administrators to project managers, ITIL certificate is a necessity. It’s a valuable credential for those who have to deal with the IT Service trenches regularly. For the IT managers, architects and engineers, a certification in ITIL have now become a mandatory armor.
Today, ITIL certification has opened up a world of opportunities for the job aspirants. If you are also looking for a promising role in this sector, opt for an ITIL Intermediate Certification Course.