How to Watch and Stream ABC’s ‘The Disney Family Singalong’
During this time of great uncertainty, we all need a good dose of faith, hope and goblin dust to help us. And while you can activate your favorite Disney classics or launch Disney + to catch new versions, there’s something magical about immersing yourself directly in the magical world of Walt Disney – and ABC The Disney Singalong family, airing Thursday, April 16 at 8 p.m. ET, is the best way to do this.
Ryan Seacrest hosts the hour-long TV special, which will feature performances of your favorite Disney songs (think: “Let It Go” by Frozen and “Under the sea” by The Little Mermaid) by the best artists of today, including Demi Lovato, Thomas Rhett, and Moana star Auliʻi Cravalho. Unlike other virtual concerts, you will be encouraged to join the action: during each performance, you and your family will be guided by words on the screen, so that you can all sing in perfect harmony (whatever key that you could be). In true Disney fashion, they will sprinkle good informative PSAs to raise awareness Feed America network and res for families who may face hunger in the midst of COVID-19.
But really, this special TV is meant to be an hour of respite for Disney fans of all ages. “If there is anything that we have all learned in the past few weeks, it is to cherish every moment and the importance of connection, whether through laughter, stories or music. We hope that we can help create unforgettable new moments in everyone’s home in a way that only Disney magic can, “said ABC Entertainment President Karey Burke.
Confirmed programming for ‘The Disney Family Singalong’
Star show begins with vocal warm-up by Broadway superstar Kristin Chenoweth, followed by a special introduction by Elle fanning. Once you feel warmed up and inspired, you will wander through memories with Disney classics performed by today’s best artists, including:
- “A dream is a wish that your heart makes “ performed by Demi Lovato and Michael Bublé
- “A Spoonful of Sugar” interpreted by Little big town
- “Be our guest” performed by Derek Hough, Hayley Erbert and Julianne Hough
- “Can you feel love tonight” performed by Christina Aguilera
- “Colors of the wind” interpreted by Tori Kelly
- “Do you want to build a snowman” performed by Thomas Rhett
- “Friend Like Me” performed by James Monroe Iglehart with Broadway Company of Disney’s Aladdin
- “Gaston “ performed by Josh Gad, Luke Evans and Alan Menken
- “How far will I go” performed by Auliʻi Cravalho
- “I will not say that I am in love” performed by Ariana Grande
- “I want to be like you” performed by Darren Criss
- “I will make you a man” performed by Donny Osmond
- “The world is small” performed by John Stamos
- “Let it go” performed by Amber Riley
- “The simple necessity” performed by Erin Andrews, Bobby Bones, Carrie Ann Inaba and Marcus Scribner
- “Under the sea” performed by Jordan Fisher
- “I’m your friend” performed by Josh Groban
- We are all in the same boat ” interpreted by Kenny Ortega and the casts of High School Musical, Descendants, High School Musical: The Musical: The Series, and Zombies
How to watch ‘The Disney Family Singalong’
The one hour musical event will be broadcast Thursday, April 16 at 8 p.m. ET on ABC just before a new episode of the hit show, Station 19. But if you can’t claim the TV in time (or if your family members won’t give up control of the remote control), TV remote control, follow the ABC app.
How to broadcast ‘The Disney Family Singalong’ (if you don’t have a cable)
Even if you don’t have a cable, you can still experience the magic of Disney from your sofa. Browse the available streaming options until you find the one that best suits your needs:
- Hulu + Live TV: If you already have Hulu, this add-on costs $ 55 more per month. But if you don’t have Hulu, you can sign up for a one month free trial.
- YouTube TV: Watch live TV on over 70 channels and record your favorite shows for only $ 50 a month. Try it with a seven day free trial.