How to Watch and Stream ABC’s Disney Family Singalong: Volume 2
We can never get enough Disney wellness magic, especially during a time like this. This is exactly why ABC brings us back to the world of Walt Disney with The Disney Family Singalong: Volume 2, a one-hour musical event filled with celebrity renditions of Disney’s most iconic songs. As if that were not enough, the special program for families is broadcast on Mother’s Day (Sunday May 10 at 7 p.m. on ABC, to be exact), making it the perfect way to top off your vacation at home.
It follows the same formula as the original special, The Disney Singalong family, which aired on April 16: Ryan Seacrest returns as a host, today’s best artists sing directly from their living room and viewers learn all the ways Feeding America helps families in the middle of COVID-19.
Although the event hopes to raise awareness of current food insecurity in America, it is also an excuse to sit back, relax and immerse yourself in a fictional world through song and joy. At the start of the show, you will warm your voice so that you can sing through the hour. And if you’re worried about remembering the lyrics, just follow the words on your TV screen to stay in tune, even if your singing voice is wrong.
The confirmed programming for The Disney Family Singalong: Volume 2
The Muppets will kick off the show with a curtain raising performance, then Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt star Tituss Burgess will warm everyone’s voice with a short (but effective) vocal exercise. Then the rest of the hour is filled with surprises (another observation from Beyonce, perhaps?) And star performances, including:
- “An entirely new world” performed by Idina Menzel and Ben Platt
- “Almost there” performed by Chloe x Halle and Anika Noni Rose
- “Baby Mine” performed by Katy Perry
- “The beauty and the Beast” performed by John Legend and Jennifer Hudson
- “Hakuna Matata” performed by Seth Rogen and Billy Eichner with Donald Glover and Walter Russell III
- “Part of your world” performed by Halsey
- “Poor unhappy souls” performed by Rebel Wilson
- “Remember me” performed by Miguel with Christina Aguilera
- “Not in time ” and “Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious ” performed by Derek Hough, Julianne Hough and Hayley Erbert
- “Try everything” performed by Shakira
- “When I am older” performed by Josh Gad
- “You will be in my heart” performed by Disney on Broadway stars Merle Dandridge, Heather Headley, Adam Jacobs, Caissie Levy, Kara Lindsay, Kevin Massey and Josh Strickland
- “Your mother and mine” performed by Sabrina Carpenter with Lang Lang
- “Zero to hero” performed by Keke Palmer with Dancing with the stars For Lindsay Arnold, Alan Bersten, Witney Carson, Val Chmerkovskiy, Jenna Johnson, Sasha Farber and Emma Slater
How to watch The Disney Family Singalong: Volume 2
The family musical event will be broadcast Sunday May 10 at 7 p.m. on ABC followed by a whole new episode of American idol. But if you’re still cleaning up Mother’s Day festivities and can’t make it to TV on time, follow the ABC app.
How to broadcast The Disney Family Singalong: Volume 2 (if you don’t have a cable)
Even if you cut the cable, you can still experience the magic of Disney’s music library at home. Take a look at all the places where you can broadcast The Disney Family Singalong: Volume 2 at an affordable price:
- Hulu + Live TV: If you already have Hulu, this add-on costs $ 55 more per month. But if you don’t have Hulu, you can sign up for a one month free trial.
- YouTube TV: Watch live TV on over 70 channels and record your favorite shows for only $ 50 a month. Try it with a seven day free trial.
If you find yourself celebrating mom and you completely miss the musical special, you’re in luck: you can broadcast it on Hulu the next day or see it on Disney Plus within a week of its original broadcast date.