Children love their toys and it is important that you clean your children’s washable toys frequently. However, check the care label: some delicate toys may only need to be cleaned on site.
How to clean solid plastic toys:
• •Put in the dishwasher or soak them in a solution of 1/2 cup of chlorine bleach and a gallon of water for five minutes. Mix a fresh bleach solution every time you do this.
• •Rinse the toys well and let them air dry.
• •Pay special attention to bath toys with openings that trap water inside. Push or shake vigorously to remove as much water as possible and let it air dry thoroughly to prevent mold from growing inside. If you see mold, throw the toy immediately and even better, don’t use a toy with holes in the bottom of the bathtub. Even rubber ducks can mold inside.
How to stuff soft toys:
• •Put them in a pillow case, Knot the top and, if safe, wash and dry in a gentle cycle over low heat.
• •When your washing machine and dryer have steam Use them if they do not damage the toy.
• •You can also try it Steaming soft toys with a steam cooker, Spray them with a fabric disinfectant or leave the toys in direct sunlight for a few hours so UV rays can do the job.