Are you tired of always cooking your chicken breast the same way? If so, then it’s time to switch it up and learn how to cook chicken breast in the oven. Not only is it a healthier option, but it’s also a quick and easy way to have perfectly cooked chicken that’s flavorful and juicy. Here’s how to do it:
– 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
– 2 teaspoons olive oil
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1 teaspoon paprika
– 1 teaspoon salt
– ½ teaspoon black pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 425°F.
2. Line a baking dish with parchment paper.
3. In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and black pepper.
4. Place the chicken breasts in the baking dish and use a brush to rub the mixture all over the chicken.
5. Bake the chicken breasts for 18-20 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
1. How long should I cook chicken breast in the oven?
The cooking time varies depending on the size of the chicken breast. As a general rule, you should bake chicken breasts in a 425°F oven for 18-20 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
2. How do I know when my chicken breast is cooked?
The best way to know if your chicken breast is cooked is by using a meat thermometer. Insert the thermometer into the thickest part of the chicken breast, and it should read 165°F. If you don’t have a meat thermometer, cut into the thickest part of the chicken breast, and it should be white and firm.
3. Can I marinate chicken breast before baking it in the oven?
Yes, you can marinate your chicken breast before baking it in the oven. However, make sure to pat the chicken dry before placing it in the baking dish and don’t over-marinate it. Over-marinating the chicken breast can cause it to become mushy and lose its texture.
4. Can I use bone-in chicken breast instead of boneless?
Yes, you can use bone-in chicken breast instead of boneless. However, it will take longer to cook. As a general rule, bone-in chicken breasts require an additional 5-10 minutes of cooking time.
5. Can I season my chicken breast differently?
Yes, you can season your chicken breast with different spices and herbs. Some great options include Italian seasoning, Cajun seasoning, and lemon pepper.
6. Can I cook my chicken breast from frozen?
It’s not recommended to cook chicken breast from frozen in the oven. It’s best to thaw the chicken breast first and then cook it according to the instructions above.
In conclusion, learning how to cook chicken breast in the oven is a great way to change your cooking routine and provide a healthy and delicious meal for yourself and your family. With a few simple ingredients and steps, you can have perfectly cooked chicken breast every time.