How Often You Should Wash Everything
Even if your household calls Sunday a “wash day,” it doesn’t mean that you should throw everything – clothes, towels, bedding, etc. – into the household Washing machine at once. It turns out that some items should be washed more than once a week, while others may take longer between washes (hey, little wins).
And really, when it comes to clothes, you should wash them based on how often you have worn them, as opposed to the length of time. Jeans, for example, should be washed every three wearing times. Household linen, towels and bed linen should follow a standard schedule – for example, sheets and pillowcases should be washed once a week.
Timing is important, but so is the cleaning method. consequences these best practices The next time you do laundry:
- Separate clothing carefully: While separating light and dark is a matter of course, there are several other ways to share clothes to get cleaner results. Separate dirty or muddy items from lightly soiled clothing and abrasive materials (denim) from sensitive items.
- Do not overload the machines: Give your garments the freedom to spin around the drum and distribute detergent and fabric softener evenly. Do not fill your dryer to the brim so that everything can be dried evenly.
- Clean your washing machine regularly: While warm water, detergent and bleach will remove most of the bacteria, finish off working with a laundry disinfectant such as Lysol laundry disinfectant. Simply add your rinse cycle to remove 99.9% of the bacteria in the wash.
- Choose the right water temperature: Sensitive fabrics such as wool, silk or lace are best suited for cold water. This is usually the safest choice as it is more environmentally friendly and does not damage, discolour or shrink fabrics. However, hot water is the best option when trying to remove stains, stench, or germs.
- Choose the perfect detergent for the job: Sometimes you need a hard-working formula to fight inevitable stains and spills. In other cases, you may want an option with a masculine scent. No matter what the situation, choose a proven detergent This is right for you and your family.
Follow this handy checklist from the to determine how often you should wash clothes, bedding, and everything else in your home Good Housekeeping Institute Cleaning laboratory.