Home remedies for dry skin: During winter seasons most people often complain about dry skin. Cold winds leave your healthy skin dry and lifeless. Aging, genetics and deficiency are also some factors that can lead to dry skin.
To combat this condition you can purchase a number of over the counter lotions and creams. Most of them may be expensive but may not offer with desired results. You can look around for home remedies for dry skin that are more effective. Let’s look at the comparison between over the counter lotions and home remedies for dry skin.
Home remedies for dry skin treatment by Tips Clear
|Over the counter medications||Home remedies for dry skin|
|1||These are more expensive and some of the people may not be able to afford them.||These are not very expensive options as most of the remedies are available in our kitchen|
|2||They may not be best options for everyone without consulting your skin expert||You may not have to consult your skin expert before using them as they are natural products.|
|3||They may offer with some side effects as they could be made up of harsh chemical products||They don’t offer with any side effects as they are not chemical products|
|4||Not all types may be suitable for different skin tones so your selection can be limited||You certainly can use most of the home remedies for any skin type without consulting your experts.|
This is an effective natural remedy for dry skin treatment. It contains natural oil, fatty acids and antioxidants. It can be used for hydrating your skin.
- You just need to mix the little amount of olive oil with natural milk cream. Before the shower, this mixture can be applied to your skin. Leave it for about half an hour and then massage it gently.
- You can add little amount of brown sugar and honey to the mix before applying. It is important to scrub it gently using a cotton cloth. After shower olive oil an again be applied to the skin to maintain hydration.
Milk cream extract offers with an exfoliating factor to your dry skin tone. It is also considered as best option for maintaining the right level of Ph of the skin. One main benefit is that fresh milk cream does not offer with any side effects to your skin.
- You can add a little milk and lemon juice extract to milk cream. This mix can be used as natural remedy for dry skin. The mix should be left on your skin for some time before having the shower.
- You can also prepare a thick paste by adding milk cream to gram flour. This paste can be applied to your skin and left to dry for few minutes. You can clean it with lukewarm water.
Natural milk is believed to offer with soothing effect for your dry skin. It also helps in relieving itching problems and treat dead skin cells. Milk is considered as the best home remedy for the extra dry skin as it helps in maintaining right moisture level. It also helps in improving the complexion of the skin.
- Little cold milk can be applied using a cotton cloth to your dry skin. Gently use lukewarm water to clean it after five minutes. When performing this you can maintain perfect hydration in your skin.
- You can also add milk to rose water and prepare a mix. This mix can be applied to your dry skin at least twice a week. The mix should be left n your skin for few minutes and then cleaned with cold water.
Honey is considered as the best remedy for treating dry skin problems. With its humectants, antimicrobial and antioxidant properties honey is considered as best moisturizer for dry skin type. It helps maintain smooth skin for hours and provides it with natural vitamins and minerals.
- A Little amount of honey can be applied to your dry skin and left for twenty minutes every day. The Little amount of olive oil and bee wax can also be added to prepare a thick paste.
- Before mixing bee wax you can melt it so it is easy to mix. The mix can be applied to the affected area of your skin and left for few minutes. Cleansing with lukewarm water will help maintain perfect hydration.
Yogurt is one of the most effective agents to treat the dry skin condition. It offers with anti-inflammatory properties and relieves itchy skin condition. It is rich in bacteria and lactic acid content that helps in eliminating germs that can cause dryness to the skin.
- When using yogurt always ensure you use it fresh. The mix can be massaged on your body including your face. The mix should be applied and then left for around fifteen minutes.
- The exfoliating agents in yogurt will help treat dry skin cells and refresh it. Yogurt can also be mixed with blended papaya pulp mixed with lemon extract and olive oil. Applying this mix once a week can treat your skin.
If you want long lasting relief from dry skin condition then coconut oil is the best home remedy for dry skin. It is rich in fatty acids that help in retaining moisture in the skin. A Little amount can always be applied to your skin during day or night time.
Applying some coconut oil when having hot water shower will also help in maintaining hydrated skin throughout the day. It makes your skin smooth and moist. One main benefit with coconut oil is that your skin can easily absorb it.
Almond oil is one of the most common remedies for treating dry skin. It is also considered as a good source of Vitamin E for your skin. Apart from this, it also helps in maintaining healthy skin for years. The oil is easily absorbed by the skin so it gets full nourishment.
Some amount of almond oil can be mixed with your regular oil and applied to your skin. You can also use almond oil in its pure form as a light moisturizer. The oil is practically non-greasy and can also be consumed with a glass of milk.