Home remedies for all skin types
Everyone needs that perfect clear skin. Whether you are a busy professional or a college student, getting a perfect skin is essential to your daily hygiene. However, the extreme temperatures and the harsh UV rays of the sun often cause severe damage to the skin. There are some things that you simply cannot avoid. No matter how much sun screen you use or how much you dab sun tan afterwards, your skin’s natural beauty is hampered on the way.
There are thousands of artificial treatments that promise you beautiful skin. But how long do these last? You have to ask yourself, are these even worth it? Once in a while, you need a break from chemicals. You need to embrace the herbal treatments at home.
Here are some of the methods that give you clear skin based on skin type:
Oily or Sensitive Skin
- Lemon cleanse: For sensitive skin it is absolutely essential to use something that is free of any chemicals. This is why it is ideal to go with home remedies for clear skin. Lemon does the trick. The citric acid in lemon helps cleanse off all the dirt in no time. It also helps remove dark spots and cell renewal. So you can just cut off one lemon and dab it over your face. Use the cut portion to gently scrub your face. Then wash it off. Your face will appear clearer than before.
- Banana mask: A banana mask works perfectly for the sensitive skin type. It gives your skin the necessary breather that it requires. Make sure to use fresh and ripe bananas for this cause. Take the bananas and mash them in a bowl and then add make it a mask. Apply it on your face and let it rest for 10 minutes. After that you can rinse it off with warm water.
- Mango Mask: A mango mask is a very good one for the summers. You have to use ripe mangoes. Beat it to a pulp and add 1 teaspoon of sugar to it. Then add 3 teaspoons of argan oil to this. Apply it to your face and leave it for 20 minutes. You dot need to apply any lotion afterwards.
- Cleansing oil: If you have dry skin, then you can freely dab oil on your skin. Oils are very cleansing – but not all skin types can use them. Mix olive and castor oil in the ratio of 3:1 and then dab on your skin. You can also use grape seed oil instead of olive oil. Rub it on your palm first and then apply it gently over your face. Rinse it with warm wash cloth until your face feels smooth and silky.
- Honey: Again, the oily skin cannot do this but you can. Dab some honey on your face and leave it for some time. Then rinse off with warm water. Do it 3-4 times a week for best effects.
- Chocolate mask: chocolate mask is becoming famous these days. It is best advised for normal to dry skin types. Mix 5 tablespoons of cocoa powder, 4 tablespoons of honey and two table spoons of water. Apply this mixture on your face and then wipe them off with a warm piece of cloth.
- Turmeric: Turmeric will work best if you are using it to clean your skin. It works as an antiseptic and has anti ageing properties. Mix 1 tablespoon of turmeric with pineapple juice. Apply this paste on your face and neck. Ash it off after 20 minutes with lukewarm water.
- Aloe Vera Gel: Aloe Vera has severe anti inflammatory properties. This is why it can help get rid of your acnes and other problems when you use it. You just have to apply the gel from the Aloe Vera plant on your face with a cotton ball. Then wash it off with lukewarm water. You can do this multiple times a day for a refreshed skin.
- Cucumber: Cucumbers are good for clear skin because they contain hydrating and nourishing properties. Just cut them in thick slices and rub them all over the face. Leave it over night for a fresh skin.
Let’s quickly review what we learnt:
|Serial No.||Types of Skin||Remedies for Skin|
|1||Sensitive or Oily||1. Lemon cleanse
2. Banana Mask
3. Mango mask
|2||Dry||1. Cleansing oil
2. Chocolate mask
2. Aloe Vera gel