Hair Transplant in Turkey Reviews: What You Need To Know
Hair Transplant in Turkey Reviews: Let’s admit it: people usually take their looks and youth for granted until they realize it’s gone. For most people, having a transplant can bring back the looks you’ve ever wanted—like a head full of hair. When it comes to hair transplant procedures, Turkey has been a leading country. If going bald worries you so much, here are the things you need to know about hair transplant in Turkey.
Hair Transplant in General
When we say hair transplant, it’s a medical procedure whereby the dermatological surgeon implants hair follicles to a bald area of the head. This means the various follicular units are extracted and transplanted to the affected portion of the scalp. Typically, hair transplant surgeries in Turkey take place in a medical facility under local anesthesia.
Moreover, people who experience pattern baldness are the ones receiving a hair transplant. This hair loss condition can be caused by genetics or having a family history of baldness. Other causes of hair loss include diet, hormonal imbalance, illness, medications, and stress.
If you want a better understanding of how a hair transplant in Turkey works, resources like Vera Clinic reviews can help.
Techniques Used in a Hair Transplant
As mentioned, a hair transplant is a surgical procedure wherein a surgeon takes a small needle to desensitize the area of your scalp with local anesthesia and obtain follicles for transplantation. Under this procedure, two main techniques are involved in Turkey, such as follicular unit transplantation (FUT) and follicular unit extraction (FUE) procedures.
The follicular unit transplantation method involves the following processes:
- The doctor removes hair follicles on the area on your head where the hair is unaffected by balding.
- The doctor seals the portion where the strip of hair tissue was extracted.
- Doctor then drills small holes on your scalp and transplants the hair follicles.
- The doctor applies a disinfecting solution to your scalp.
Under the follicular unit extraction, the procedures include the following:
- The doctor makes an incision using a small needle.
- The doctor then extracts multiple hair follicles from the donor area using a tweezer-like instrument.
- Before extracting the follicular units, the doctor drills tiny holes on your scalp in the area where hair loss occurred.
- The doctor places the follicles in these holes from where they’ll start producing hair.
- The doctor applies disinfectant to your scalp after the procedure.
Characteristics of a Hair Transplant Candidate
Now that you know the procedures involved in a hair transplant surgery, it’s time to determine whether you’re a candidate for this procedure or not. Here are the average characteristics of a hair transplant candidate in Turkey:
- Both for men and women – Although there’s a belief that a hair transplant procedure is for men only, the reality is that both men and women can get positive and successful results from hair transplantation.
- Mostly over the age of 25 – If you’re looking for good results, the treatment is more likely effective over the age of 25 where major hair loss is apparent.
- Affected areas for men and women – When it comes to male pattern baldness, the loss usually takes place on the front and top of the head. On the other hand, baldness for women occurs where the hair is parted. Both situations have unaffected areas of the scalp, which can be the perfect portion for extracting hair follicles.
- Results – Your transplanted hair follicles have the same shape and texture as your unaffected hairs.
If you think you don’t possess the ideal characteristics of a hair transplant candidate, they have nothing to worry about. Under this situation, it’s highly advisable to schedule a consultation appointment. Even if you find yourself not qualified for the procedure, some doctors may recommend otherwise. However, it’s also a good idea to consider other hair treatment options. That way, you’ll be able to find the best solution that suits your needs.
Advantages of Hair Transplant Surgery
For people who are worried about the thinning or balding of their hair, getting a hair transplant in Turkey can be beneficial. Below are some of the essential benefits of a hair transplant procedure:
- Provides an opportunity to improve your looks by filling your balding patches, which will make them feel attractive.
- Doesn’t cost more money as it’s a one-time procedure, which means no additional visits after the procedure.
- Offers a reliable and permanent solution for those who suffer from significant hair loss.
- Has low maintenance as you don’t have to use any shampoos or chemicals to maintain the worked on areas.
- Completely safe and natural since there are no medicines used in the process that may damage your hair.
Disadvantages of Hair Transplant Surgery
Like other types of surgery, getting a hair transplant also comes with disadvantages that you should be wary of from the very beginning. If you consider having a transplant, you should get acquainted with the disadvantages of this procedure. Let’s check them out.
- The recovery is a long-term process, which means it doesn’t happen overnight.
- Hair transplant needs proper precaution from healing to maintaining a healthy diet. There may be instances that you’ll be limited with your physical activities to avoid falling hair as a result of sweating.
- It’s not a proper treatment if the hair loss is caused by genetic factors.
- It tends to make patients uneasy and frightened due to the fact that it’s a surgical procedure.
- The success of the procedure depends upon the quality of the donor area. If you have complete baldness, you may not be qualified to undergo a hair transplant.
Expectations and Recovery
Like other surgical procedures, a hair transplant in Turkey may have possible side effects. Fortunately, the complications associated with this procedure are ordinarily minor and will clear up within the first few weeks. These may include bleeding, itching, infection, numbness, swelling of the scalp, and bruising around the eyes.
After the procedure, you may have to take some pain medications, such as an antibiotic or other related drugs for a few days. Also, the good thing about a hair transplant is that you’re able to go back to work a few days following the operation. A few months after the procedure, you should begin to notice hair growth. And you’re expected to follow some care tips to keep healthy hair.
Cost of Hair Transplant in Turkey
Again, Turkey is a popular destination when it comes to hair transplants. According to an article on the WashingtonPost, more or less 5,000 patients go to Turkey every month to get a hair transplant. The good thing about the procedure being done in Turkey is that it’s economical. Typically, the cost of the operation will differ based on how many hair follicles to be transplanted. Below are the factors that may affect the price of the treatment:
- The number of hair you’re going to move
- The medical team who’ll perform the procedure
- The particular place where the surgery is conducted
- The number of patients the clinic accommodates each day
- Medical solutions applied in the surgery
Factors To Consider When Choosing A Hair Transplant Clinic
Once you’ve decided to undergo a hair transplant for the first time, it’s essential to find the right clinic for you. Under these circumstances, you need to conduct a thorough research and examine all possible options as this procedure should be planned properly to obtain the best results. When picking a clinic in Turkey, here are the factors to keep in mind from the get-go:
- Consultation – Experiencing hair loss can be part of one’s life. Some people actually believe that having hair loss means they need to undergo a transplant procedure right away. However, this belief may be misplaced. Looking for a clinic in Turkey that provides a free consultation will help you find out the causes of your hair loss. Through that, you’ll know the right treatment for your unique situation.
- The treatment you need – As mentioned, hair transplants involve two methods. If you need both of these procedures, then you should choose a clinic that offers the treatment you need. Moreover, it’s crucial to research the clinic you’re considering to see if the services they offer will work best for you.
- Specialization – Another plus factor when choosing a hair transplant in Turkey is the specialization they have. It can be an indication of how they can become leaders in the field of medical science and technology.
Experience of the physician
- Experience of the physician – Always select a clinic with professional physicians and good staff. Get as much information about the doctors who will perform the treatment and see how long they have been in practice. Make sure all are having license and professional. Also, check if they have areas of specialization.
Before and after photos
- Before and after photos – When looking for a physician, don’t forget to ask them to provide before and after photos of patients they served. Try to check if the patients in the pictures come from different countries. As it can be shown that the physician is popular internationally for conducting hair transplants. Please verify the photos well before taking decision. Be sure to verify the authenticity of these photos, as well as any other documents presented by the doctors or the clinic.
If you notice some thinning up top or balding on your head, keep this information in mind to help give you an idea whether having a hair transplant in Turkey can be the perfect option. Although the treatment can be the best way to feel more confident about how you look, first speak to your doctor to know what you can expect during and after the procedure.