French braid in pigtails is a classic hairstyle that is perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re going to school, work, or a party, this hairstyle is easy to do and looks great on everyone. It involves creating two French braids that start at the crown of your head and continue down to your nape, secured with hair elastics at the bottom. This hairstyle is not only stylish but also practical, keeping your hair out of your face and neck while still looking fashionable.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to create French braid pigtails:
- Start by parting your hair in the center of your head. Use a comb to create a straight line from your forehead to the back of your head. Then, use hair clips to secure the hair on either side of the part so that it doesn’t get mixed up with the other side.
- Take a small section of hair near the front of one side of your head, and divide it into three equal sections. This will be the start of your French braid. Begin braiding the hair by crossing the right strand over the middle strand and then the left strand over the middle strand. As you braid, keep adding more hair from the section you’re working on to the strands you’re crossing over. This will create the classic French braid effect. Continue braiding until you reach the nape of your neck.
- Once you’ve reached the nape of your neck, secure the braid with a hair elastic. Repeat the same process on the other side of your head, creating a second French braid.
- Once you have two French braids, tug gently on each braid to loosen it up and create a fuller look. You can also use bobby pins to secure any loose strands.
- Finish off the look with a spritz of hairspray to keep everything in place.
Now that you know how to create French braid pigtails, let’s talk about how to care for this hairstyle to keep it looking great.
First and foremost, it’s essential to keep your hair hydrated and moisturized. Dry hair can lead to breakage and split ends, which can make it difficult to achieve the desired look. Use a good quality conditioner every time you wash your hair and avoid using hot styling tools frequently.
Secondly, it’s essential to use the right hair elastics to secure your French braid pigtails. Avoid using elastics with metal clasps as they can damage your hair. Instead, opt for elastic bands that are coated with fabric or plastic.
Lastly, it’s essential to protect your hair while sleeping. Tie your hair into loose braids or a loose bun before going to bed to prevent tangling and breakage.
The benefits of French braid pigtails are numerous. Firstly, this hairstyle is easy to do and requires minimal effort. Secondly, it’s versatile and can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion. Lastly, it’s a practical hairstyle that keeps your hair out of your face and neck while still looking fashionable.
In conclusion, French braid pigtails are a classic hairstyle that is perfect for any occasion. By following the step-by-step guide and caring for your hair correctly, you can achieve this look effortlessly while keeping your hair healthy and looking great.
Furthermore, French braid pigtails are a great way to showcase your hair’s length and texture. Whether you have straight, wavy, or curly hair, this hairstyle can work for you. The braids add a touch of sophistication and elegance to your overall look, making it ideal for weddings, proms, and other formal events.
Another advantage of French braid pigtails is that they can be customized to suit your preferences. You can create a tighter or looser braid, add accessories like hairpins or flowers, or even incorporate different braiding techniques to add variety to your style.
When it comes to maintaining your French braid pigtails, it’s essential to keep them clean and neat. If you have oily hair, you may need to wash it more often to prevent buildup and maintain a fresh look. Also, if you notice any frizz or flyaways, use a small amount of hair serum or oil to smooth them out.
Lastly, it’s worth noting that French braid pigtails can be a great protective style for your hair. The braids can help prevent breakage and split ends, as well as minimize the damage caused by daily styling and environmental factors. However, it’s essential to avoid braiding your hair too tightly, as this can cause tension and damage to your scalp and hairline.
In conclusion, French braid pigtails are a stylish, versatile, and practical hairstyle that can work for anyone. By following the steps outlined above and taking care of your hair, you can achieve this look effortlessly while keeping your hair healthy and looking great. Whether you’re heading to work, school, or a party, French braid pigtails are sure to make a statement and leave a lasting impression.