When Elon Musk started the week on Monday morning, he was $ 20 billion shy of being the world’s richest man. Elon had total assets of $ 170 billion. Jeff Bezos had total assets of $ 190 billion. Monday’s trading saw Tesla shares rise by 3.4% and Amazon shares down 2.1%. With those moves, Elon nearly cut Jeff’s world-leading net worth in half.
As of this writing (close to the market after Monday evening), Elon Musk is just $ 11 billion Far from being the richest person in the world:
I have to say, I am constantly shocked by Elon Musk’s net profit.
I had an inkling that he could score for the richest person in the world sometime in 2021, but I thought it would take several months. And during those months I imagined dozens of fun articles of money battles back and forth between billionaire titans. I really thought Jeff would give Elon a good run for his money (literally).
Never underestimate the power of Elon Musk’s personal destiny. To run that house, here is a brief overview of Elon Musk’s total property milestones over the past 12 months:
- A year ago: Elon had total assets of $ 28 billion. No. We did not forget a score.
- 1 June 2020: $ 70 billion.
- 13 July 2020: $ 80 billion.
- August 15: $ 90 billion.
- 17 November: $ 100 billion and Elon overtakes Mark Zuckerberg to become the third richest person on the planet for the first time.
- 24 November: $ 128 billion and Elon overtakes Bill Gates to become the second richest person on the planet for the first time.
- 31 December: $ 170 billion.
- 4 January (2021): $ 175 billion.
So the prediction I made would take months, perhaps to end in the next few days.
Keep checking back! We will clearly see this fight as the world’s richest person.