British actor, presenter, and producer is named for Damian Lewis who is famous for playing the role of U.S. Army Major Richard Winters in the HBO miniseries “Band of Brothers” for which he earned a Golden Globe nomination. He is well recognized for his role as U.S. Marine Sergeant Nicholas Brody in the Showtime series Homeland, which earned him a Primetime Emmy Award and a Golden Globe Award. He plays Bobby Axelrod in the Showtime series “Billions” and portrayed actor Steve McQueen in “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood” (2019). He initially gained notice after playing the role of Clive in the TV movie “Micky Love” in the year 1993. His first feature film was the Australian-American action-adventure film “Robinson Crusoe” released in 1997, where he played the role of Patrick. His first appearance in a TV show was in 1995 when he played the role of Leonard Bateson in the TV series Agatha Christie’s Poirot in an episode “Hickory Dickory Dock.” He was appointed an Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) in the 2014 Birthday Honours for services to drama. In the year 2010, he became a trade justice ambassador for the charity Christian Aid. His recent film was “Dream Horse” which was released in the year 2020 where he appeared as Howard Davies. Currently, he is appearing in the TV series “Spy Wars” since 2020.
Damian Lewis’ heartbreaking tribute to wife Helen McCrory
Helen McCrory famous for playing steely female characters on stage and screen has died of cancer at the age of 52, her husband, Damian Lewis, said on Friday. “I’m heartbroken to announce that after a heroic battle with cancer, the beautiful and mighty woman that is Helen McCrory has died peacefully at home, surrounded by a wave of love from friends and family,” the “Homeland” actor Lewis said. The couple, who had two young children, married in 2007. They had recently raised over one million pounds to give health workers restaurant meals during the pandemic.
- Being a British actor, presenter, and producer.
- For his role as Marine Sergeant Nicholas Brody in the popular TV series “Homeland” from 2011 to 2013.
Who are the Parents of Damian Lewis?
Born with the full name of Damian Watcyn Lewis, his date of birth is 11th February 1971 which lies under the horoscope sign of Aquarius. His born place/place of birth is in St John’s Wood, London, England, UK. He holds British nationality and his ethnicity is British-white. Whereas his race is White. Born to his father, Watcyn Lewis (broker), and his mother, Charlotte Mary (Bowater), he has three siblings with whom he grew. His siblings are Gareth (Younger Brother) (Film Director), William Lewis (Brother), Amanda Lewis (Sister). He is religious and he has faith in the Christian religion.
Regarding his educational qualification, Damian went to attend Ashdown House School in Forest Row, East Sussex, and then he attended Eton College High School in Berkshire, England. He graduated from Guildhall School of Music and Drama in London in the year 1993.
How was the Career of Damian Lewis?
- At the age of sixteen, he followed the dream to become an actor, and later he played Bergheim in Adrian Noble’s production of Henrik Ibsen’s Little Eyolf and Posthumus in William Shakespeare’s “Cymbeline”.
- He made his debut television appearance as a rakish student in an early episode of the English drama series “A Touch of Frost” (1993) and appeared in Robinson Crusoe (1997) as Patrick Conner.
- After that, he can be seen in numerous films, production and TV shows such as “Hamlet”, “Band of Brothers”, “The Forstyle Saga” as Soames Forsyte, “Dreamcatcher”, “Keane”, “Jeffrey Archer: The Truth”, “Much Ado About Nothing”, “Stormbreaker”.
- In the year 2006, he appeared in the BBC drama “Friends and Crocodiles”.
- Not only this but he also appeared on BBC’s “Have I Got News for You” as guest host several times; on 10 November 2006, 1 May 2009, 18 November 2010, 27 April 9 November 2012, and 31 October 2014.
- Then, he was seen in the American TV series “Life” on NBC. He also made a lead role in “The Baker”, and a supporting role in “The Escapist”.
- Additionally, he played Tory Prime Minister Simon Laity in two seasons of “Number 10” on BBC Radio 4 since the year 2010.
- He was then seen in the 2011 film “Will” and from the year 2011 to 2013, he had a starring role as Gunnery Sergeant Nicholas Brody in the Showtime series “Homeland”.
- He also narrated poetry for “The Love Book App” in 2013.
- He has starred as billionaire Bobby Axelrod in the Showtime series “Billions” since the year 2016.
Who is Damian Lewis married to?
Married to Helen McCrory, Damian is the father of two children; Manon (born September 8, 2006) and Gulliver (born November 2, 2007). He met his soul mate Helen McCrory in June 2005 and married her on 4th July 2007 after their engagement. By profession, his spouse, Helen is an actress. Recently, Damian stated that his wife, Helen has died of cancer at the age of 52. His sexual orientation is straight.
Talking about his past relationship, he had dated Katie Razzall, Freya Stafford, Kristin Davis before marrying Helen McCrory.
How tall is Damian Lewis?
Damian Lewis possesses a slim body build with a tall height of 6 ft 1 in or 185 cm. His balanced weight consists of 86 Kg or 189.5 pounds which matches his body weight. His eye color is green and his hair color is red. His body measurement is; chest size i.e. 41 in, arms size i.e. 14.5 in, and waist size 34 in.
Awards and Achievements
- Biarritz International Festival of Audiovisual Programming for the mini-series “Band of Brothers” in 2001
- Emmy Awards for “Homeland” in 2012, Golden Globe Awards for “Homeland” in 2013