CreditNerds offers credit monitoring, credit repair, and consumer and business financing options. He works with credit bureaus and lenders on behalf of his clients to get misleading or inaccurate information removed from consumer credit reports, although he does not send tough dispute letters.
Despite this downside, CreditNerds might be a compelling option if you’re looking for basic credit repair services at an affordable cost. It offers an easily accessible online portal, allowing you to follow the progress of the credit repair process. However, the CreditNerds website offers limited details about its services, so it’s important to do your due diligence before signing up.
The benefits explained
- Offers a free credit repair consultation: Those looking for credit help can get a free credit repair consultation with CreditNerds. This could be an opportunity to ask questions and learn more about the services they offer and which ones are right for you.
- Has live chat support: Unlike some competitors, CreditNerds offers live chat functionality, although hours of availability are unclear.
- Credit audit service available: A full credit check is available for a one-time fee of $97. This type of audit could offer valuable information about your credit reports.
- Founder arrested for possession of child pornography: Eric Counts, the founder of CreditNerds, has been arrested in Jonesboro, Arkansas, for distributing, possessing or viewing material depicting sexual content involving a child.
- No mobile app: Although CreditNerds offers an online portal, it does not have an Android or iOS mobile app.
- Hard Investigative Disputes are not offered: Some credit repair companies will send tough dispute letters to creditors on behalf of customers, but CreditNerds is not one of them. Those interested in this option will need to print out demand letters from the CreditNerds online portal and send them to creditors themselves.
- No Money Back Guarantee: Interested in a service that offers a money-back guarantee for a specified period? You will have to look elsewhere as CreditNerds does not offer a money back guarantee.
Kinds of services
Some credit repair companies offer tiered service packages for customers, but CreditNerds only offers one. Its credit repair service is available free of charge to customers who purchase credit monitoring. Here are the types of services available through this company.
Credit monitoring regularly involves review your credit reports to track changes and quickly identify suspicious activity. A service like this could help protect your credit from damage if your identity is stolen and someone accesses your information to open an account in your name. The CreditNerds monitoring plan costs $39.95/month and includes up to $100,000 in identity theft insurance coverage, according to a company representative.
To access CreditNerds’ credit repair service, you must first register for a credit monitoring account. CreditNerds will then contact your creditors to request that inaccurate, outdated, or unverifiable items be removed from your reports. Although it offers tough sample dispute letters, it will not send these letters on your behalf. Its credit repair services might help you improve your credit, but there are no guarantees.
CreditNerds does not offer credit repair services as a standalone option. You must pay for a credit monitoring account to access these services.
Consumer and Business Financing
Although CreditNerds is not a direct lender, it can help consumers and businesses find financing options through its lending partners. The company has more than 200 lending partners and has helped borrowers access $56 million in financing.
CreditNerds offers an optional credit audit service for $97. A credit audit involves reviewing all of your credit reports to verify that your personal and account information is accurate, inquiries are legitimate, and issues such as overdue payments are correct.
In addition to its services, CreditNerds also offers the following features:
- Free Credit Repair Consultation: Before you start with CreditNerds, you can get a free consultation on repairing your credit. This might help you understand what services you need and if CreditNerds is right for you.
- Identity Theft Insurance: When you get a credit monitoring plan through CreditNerds, you’re covered with identity theft insurance of up to $100,000.
CreditNerds offers customer support by phone, email or live chat (which is not always available). You can contact a customer service representative by calling (501) 441-2107 or emailing help@CreditNerds.com. There are no customer service hours posted on the CreditNerds website.
CreditNerds also provides information about its services and features on its FAQ page, and you’ll have 24/7 access to your online portal once you sign up for credit monitoring.
To help gauge the reputation of credit repair companies, we looked at whether or not they had recent complaints with the CFPB or FTC. CreditNerds has no recent complaints with either entity.
The company has limited customer reviews on Google and other third-party sites, and it is not listed on Trustpilot.
CreditNerds clients pay monthly and you don’t need to sign a long-term contract. If you need to cancel your service, you can do so without paying a cancellation fee; if you cancel within five days of registration, you can get your money back, but you must mail, fax, or otherwise deliver written notice to CreditNerds by midnight on the fifth day.
You can send a letter to the address below, and there may also be a cancellation option via the customer portal:
3008 W. Kings Highway, Suite 2
Paragould, AR 72450
Unlike many competitors, CreditNerds does not offer tiered credit repair plans. Its customers pay a monthly fee of $39.95 for credit monitoring and repair services. You can also get an optional credit check for a flat fee of $97. Those seeking funding will pay CreditNerds a fee of 9.99% of the total loan amount upon disbursement, and fees are capped at $4,995.
CreditNerds does not offer a money back guarantee if you choose to cancel because you are unhappy with your results. Some credit repair services offer generous money-back guarantees that allow you to cancel after a few months if you’re not satisfied.
How to Choose a Credit Repair Company
There’s a lot to think about if you seek help from a credit repair company. When comparing options, consider the following:
- Cost: The cost of the service is a key factor. Most credit repair companies are transparent about their prices, but if you have questions about costs, speak to a representative for more information.
- Proposed features: Do you want a service that gives you access to debt management or personal budgeting tools in addition to credit repair? Comparing services and features can help you find an option that best suits your needs.
- Customer service: If you have any concerns about the information on your credit reports, you should be able to connect with customer support. Review each company’s customer service options to determine how you can connect with a representative.
- Discounts: Some credit repair companies offer special discounts for certain customers. For example, military members can get credit repair services for less, depending on the company they choose to work with.
- Cancellation Policy: Do you need to subscribe to a contract? Or can you cancel your service at any time? Review the company’s cancellation policies to determine if they meet your needs.
CreditNerds offers relatively affordable credit repair services, but some competitors offer tiered plans or customizable services. You won’t get that benefit with CreditNerds. If you prefer a credit repair company that offers different levels of service for different customers, you may want to consider these companies instead.
|CreditNerds||Sky blue||Holy Credit|
|Offered services||Credit monitoring
Identity theft insurance
Difficult investigative disputes
Identity theft insurance
Difficult investigative disputes
|Max. Number of monthly disputes||Unlimited (but no hard investigative disputes)||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Letters to Creditors/Offices||Not disclosed||Debt Validation, Goodwill Letters, Cease and Desist||Not disclosed|
|First job costs||N / A||$79.00||$99.00|
|Customer service platforms||Phone, email, live chat||Phone, email, ticket||Phone, email, ticket, live chat|
CreditNerds offers a level of credit repair services for all of its customers. Although its services are quite affordable, another company may be a better option if you are looking for tiered plans or custom features. And those who prefer a company to send difficult disputes on their behalf will have to look elsewhere.
Overall, CreditNerds might work if you’re looking for standard credit repair services without too many bells and whistles. It is also a good option if cost is a primary consideration. However, the lack of information on its website and the recent arrest of the founder are both concerning. Compare companies before signing up with CreditNerds.
How We Review Credit Repair Companies
Our team evaluated 17 credit repair companies and collected over 600 data points before narrowing down our top picks. We weighted 39 criteria, giving the highest weights to those that are most significant to customers.
The best choices were selected based on:
- Costs and fees (weighted 40.5% in total)
- Services offered (34%)
- Customer experience (22.5%)
- Stability (3%)
We considered factors such as the number of disputes that will be sent per month, the types of dispute letters that will be sent, cancellation and return policies, and how long the companies have been in business. This information has been used in our company’s star ratings and top picks.
Disclaimer: Curated and re-published here. We do not claim anything as we translated and re-published using Google translator. All ideas and images shared only for information purpose only. Ideas and information collected through Google re-written in accordance with guidelines and published. We strictly follow Google Webmaster guidelines. You can reach us @ email@example.com. We resolve the issues within hour to keep the work on top priority.