Chelsea vs Wrexham: A Preview
Chelsea will face off against Wrexham in a friendly match on July 20th at Kenan Memorial Stadium in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. The match is part of Chelsea’s pre-season tour of the United States.
Chelsea is a Premier League club from London, England. They are one of the most successful clubs in the world, having won the Champions League two times. Wrexham is a club from Wrexham, Wales. They play in the National League, which is the fifth tier of English football.
This is the first time that Chelsea and Wrexham have met in a competitive match. However, the two clubs have met in friendly matches in the past. In 2016, Chelsea won 4-0 against Wrexham in a pre-season match.
Chelsea will be looking to use the match as a chance to prepare for the upcoming season. They will be without a number of key players, including Romelu Lukaku, Mason Mount, and N’Golo Kante. However, they still have a strong squad, with players like Kai Havertz, Christian Pulisic, and Timo Werner.
Wrexham will be looking to use the match as a chance to gain some valuable experience. They are a newly-promoted club, and they will be looking to challenge for promotion to League Two this season.
The match is sure to be a close contest. Chelsea will be the favorites, but Wrexham will be determined to make a good account of themselves.
Here are some of the key players to watch in the match:
- Kai Havertz: The German midfielder has been in good form for Chelsea this season, scoring 12 goals in 25 appearances. He will be looking to continue his good form in the match against Wrexham.
- Christian Pulisic: The American winger is another player who has been in good form for Chelsea this season. He is quick, skillful, and has a great goalscoring touch.
- Timo Werner: The German striker has struggled to find his form for Chelsea this season, but he will be looking to get back to scoring goals in the match against Wrexham.
- Rhys Williams: The Welsh defender is a young player who has impressed for Wrexham this season. He is strong in the air and good at defending set pieces.
- Paul Mullin: The Welsh striker is Wrexham’s top scorer this season, with 16 goals in 24 appearances. He will be looking to cause Chelsea problems in the match.
The match is sure to be a great spectacle, and it is sure to be a close contest. Chelsea will be the favorites, but Wrexham will be determined to make a good account of themselves.