As a mehndi artist, I have come up with the 10 best mehndi designs mentioned in Celebrate in Style with These Stunning Mehndi Function Dresses. The theme chosen for these designs is based on floral motifs that symbolize beauty, femininity, and freshness.
The materials required for creating these mehndi designs are henna paste, essential oils, a plastic cone, a toothpick, and tissue paper. The henna paste used must be of high quality, which is free from any kind of chemicals or additives. Freshly prepared henna paste gives the best color and a long-lasting effect on the skin.
Here are the step-by-step processes for creating these beautiful mehndi designs:
1. Floral motif design: Start by drawing a small flower in the center of the palm and make several leaves around it. Connect the leaves using swirls and lines, creating a beautiful floral pattern. Fill in the small gaps using small dots.
2. Bracelet design: This design is ideal for the wrist area. Draw a thick line that covers the entire circumference of the wrist. Draw small floral patterns along the line, connected by mini-leaf patterns. Fill in the gaps with dots.
3. Arabic design: This design is known for its bold and thick lines. Start by making vertical lines and gradually adding horizontal lines, creating a beautiful lattice design. Add floral patterns in the spaces between the lines. Finally, fill in the design with small dots.
4. Paisley design: Start by drawing a paisley shape and add floral patterns inside it. Create a line from the paisley shape, adding flowers, leaves, and swirls. Fill in the design with small dots.
5. Mandala design: This design is popular for its geometric pattern. Start by making a small circle and adding concentric lines, creating a beautiful mandala shape. Fill in the design with small flowers and leaves, adding dots and swirls.
6. Peacock design: Start by drawing a peacock’s head in the center of the palm. Add feather-like patterns around the peacock’s head, extending towards the fingertips. Add flower patterns in the gaps between the feathers. Fill the design with dots and small swirls.
7. Heart design: This design is perfect for weddings and couple events. Start by drawing a heart shape and filling in the center with a delicate floral pattern. Add petals and leaves on both sides of the heart, extending towards the wrist and fingertips. Fill in the design with dots and swirls.
8. Elephant design: This design is perfect for traditional Indian events. Start by drawing an elephant’s head and body, extending towards the fingertips. Add small flowers and leaves in the gaps between the elephant’s patterns. Fill in the design with dots and swirls.
9. Sunflower design: Start by creating a sunflower pattern in the center of the palm. Add leaf patterns that extend towards the fingertips. Fill in the design with dots and swirls.
10. Lotus design: Start by drawing a lotus flower in the center of the palm. Add leaf patterns on both sides of the lotus, extending towards the fingertips. Fill in the design with small flowers, dots, and swirls.
For beginners, always start with simpler designs and gradually add complexity. Apply henna paste in a smooth and even flow, keeping the tip of the cone steady. Practice on a clean paper or a plastic sheet before applying the design on the skin. Use a toothpick to create clean lines where necessary.
In conclusion, these floral themed mehndi designs are perfect for any special occasion and will add a touch of elegance to any outfit. With practice and patience, anyone can recreate these designs at home and bring out their inner mehndi artist.