Catherine Engelbert, popularly known as Cathy Engelbert is an American businesswoman. Engelbert is the Commissioner of the Women’s National Basketball Association (WNBA). She became the Commissioner of WNBA in 2019. She previously worked as the CEO of Deloitte from 2015 to 2019. Prior to serving as CEO of the company, Engelbert held several high positions in the course of her 33 years. She retired from Deloitte in 2019.
What is Cathy Engelbert Famous For?
- The Commissioner of the Women’s National Basketball Association (WNBA).
- Former CEO of Deloitte.
Where is Cathy Engelbert From?
Cathy Engelbert was born in 1964. Her birth name is Catherine Engelbert. Her home town is Collingswood, New Jersey in the United States. She holds an American nationality. She has 7 siblings: five brothers and two sisters. Her father died in 1987. More details about her family and early life will be updated here.
About her educational background, she attended Collingswood High School. After graduating from high school, she enrolled at Lehigh University. She graduated from Lehigh University with BS degree in accounting in 1986. She was an athletic student at Lehigh and played for the college basketball team. She captained the college basketball team. She also played lacrosse and captained the lacrosse team there.
Cathy Engelbert Career
- After graduating from Lehigh, she received her CPA certification.
- She became a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- In 1986, Engelbert joined Deloitte. It is an Anglo-American multinational professional services network.
- Deloitte is one of the Big Four accounting organizations and the largest professional services network in the world bu revenue and a number of professionals.
- She held several high-level executive positions during her 33 years tenure at Deloitte.
- She held positions such as national managing partner – regions for Deloitte & Touche, deputy national professional practice director, financial accounting and reporting services quality risk manager.
- She became a partner in 1998.
- She became the chairman and CEO of the audit subsidiary, Deloitte & Touche LLP.
- She was later appointed as the CEO of Deloitte in March 2015.
- She served as the CEO of Deloitte until retiring in 2019.
- After retiring from Deloitte, she was named the first Commissioner of the WNBA (Women’s National Basketball Association) in May 2019.
- She assumed her position at WNBA in July 2019.
- She is on the board of McDonald’s since December 2019 and Royalty Pharma since July 2020.
Cathy Engelbert Husband
WNBA Commissioner Cathy Engelbert is a married woman. She is married to a former U.S. Army. She has two children, a daughter, Julia, and a son, Thomas. The identity of her husband has not been revealed yet. She has maintained a private life regarding her personal life. More updates about her family will be updated here.
She lives with her family in Berkeley Heights, New Jersey.
Cathy Engelbert Height
Cathy Engelbert stands tall. She was already 5 feet and 9 inches tall while she was an active basketball player. She has a slim body build. Her eye color is brown and her hair color is dark brown. Her sexual orientation straight.
Cathy Engelbert Net Worth
Former Deloitte CEO, Cathy Engelbert is one of the popular business executives. Out of her 33 years-long tenure at Deloitte, she served as its CEO from 2015 to 2019. While serving as the CEO of Deloitte, the company’s revenue increased nearly 6% year over year to $18.6 billion. She has made her fortune during her 33 years career at Deloitte. Having held several top positions in the company, she was paid a handsome salary.
She served as the CEO until 2019. After retiring from Deloitte in 2019, she became the Commissioner of WNBA. A WNBA Commissioner reportedly has an annual base salary of $130,000. The exact details about her income and net worth are not available at present.