Aryna Sabalenka – Bio, Net Worth, Age, Family, Partner, Ranking, Salary, Engaged, Husband, Height, Weight, Parents, Nationality, Facts, Wiki, Career
Aryna Sabalenka is a Belarusian professional tennis player who has been a top ten player in both singles and doubles, having been ranked as high as No. 7 in singles and No. 2 in doubles by the Women’s Tennis Association (WTA). At the 2019 US Open, she won her first Grand Slam title in doubles along with her partner, Elise Mertens. Till date, she has won thirteen WTA titles in total, nine in singles and four in doubles.
Following the 2017 Fed Cup, she began having more success on the WTA Tour, reaching four finals in 2018 to go along with eight top-ten victories. She finished both 2018 and 2019 ranked No. 11 in the world in singles. She also completed the Sunshine Double by winning the two Premier Mandatory tournaments in March, the Indian Wells Open and the Miami Open partnering with Mertens.
Beginning with the French Open in 2019, she reached at least the quarterfinals (doubles) of each of the 4 Grand Slam events till the Australian Open in 2020, a streak that included her first Grand Slam title at the 2019 US Open. The run to the title at Abu Dhabi extended her winning streak to 15 matches and catapulted her to a new career-high ranking of No. 7. She is right-handed (two-handed backhand). To date, she has collected US$ 6,804,310 as prize money.
Serena Williams into the quarterfinals after winning against Aryna Sabalenka in 4th round in Australian Open 2021
- 1 Serena Williams into the quarterfinals after winning against Aryna Sabalenka in 4th round in Australian Open 2021
- 2 Famous For
- 3 Where is Aryna Sabalenka from?
- 4 How was the career of Aryna Sabalenka?
- 5 Aryna Sabalenka Records
- 6 Who is Aryna Sabalenka engaged to?
- 7 What is the Net Worth of Aryna Sabalenka?
- 8 How tall is Aryna Sabalenka?
Serena Williams has advanced to the last eight after a close fight against Belarusian 7th seed, 22-year-old Aryna Sabalanka. The 39-year-old has entered the quarterfinals, on Sunday, with a 6-4 2-6 6-4 victory in the fourth round match at the Rod Laver Arena. Williams has passed one of her biggest tests during this Grand Slam, as Sabalenka was one of the few players on the women’s tour capable of matching her power from behind the baseline. Williams owned a career 53-8 record in last-16 matches at grand slams heading into the contest – last falling at this stage when she pulled out ahead of her French Open showdown with Maria Sharapova in 2018, while her last match loss at this stage came in Melbourne in 2014. But Sabalenka was unperturbed, the Belarusian – eyeing her maiden slam quarter-final – an unstoppable force against a helpless Williams in the second set, breaking in the first, third and fifth game.
Everything You Should Know About Serena Williams
- Being a Belarusian Tenis player.
- Being ranked seventh and eleventh in aces on the WTA Tour in 2018 and 2019 respectively, while ranking fourth and second in double faults those same years.
- For her fierce attitude and aggressive baseline play that is built around a powerful serve backed up by her ability to score points through groundstroke winners.
Where is Aryna Sabalenka from?
On 5th May 1998, Aryna Sabalenka took birth in Minsk, Belarus (birthplace) with the Zodiac sign of Taurus. Her real name/birth name is Aryna Siarhiejeuna Sabalenka. She holds Belarusian nationality and her ethnic background is Belarusian-White. Her race is White. By religion, she is Christian. As of 2020, she celebrated her 22nd birthday. Thus, her present age is 22. Talking about her family members; she was born to her parents, Sergey Sabalenka (father), a former Hockey player) (died 2019) and mother. She also has a sibling; a young sister.
Concerning her educational background, she attended the Belarusian State University in her hometown of Minsk where she had pursued a sports-related program. She started playing tennis by chance. She said, “One day, my dad was just driving me somewhere in the car, and on the way, he saw tennis courts. So he took me to the courts. I really liked it and enjoyed it and that’s how it was. That’s how it started.” Her tennis idols growing up were Serena Williams and Maria Sharapova.
How was the career of Aryna Sabalenka?
- Aryna Sabalenka started her junior career on the ITF Junior Circuit. But she did not take part in the man draw of any ITF events until 2013 and she never played in the junior Grand Slam tournaments. She then had a career-high ranking of just No. 225.
- After that, in late 2013, she won her very first ITF titles in doubles with her partner, Vera Lapko.
- After a year in 2014, she was excelled at Grade 4 events. She even reached her first singles final at the Estonian Junior Open in June. Sabalenka successfully won her first singles title at the MTV Total Junior Cup in Finland in October.
- She defended her Alatan Tour Cup doubles title partnering with Nika Shytkouskaya. During her 2015 year, she only played a single tournament i.e. European Junior Championship.
- Aryna Sabalenka won her very first professional match at the end of the year 2014 in Istanbul where she won her first two titles in back-to-back weeks in Antalya, both at the $10K level. Whereas, she won a $25K title as well which put her into the top 300 of the WTA rankings for the first time at the start of 2016.
- She also made her Fed Cup debut in April 2016 where she lost only a match and won her two biggest titles to date which is $50K. In the year 2016, she was ranked at No. 137 in the world.
- In the Dubai Open, she played her first WTA but she did not win her first match. Then, she won over No. 34 Lauren Davis at the Washington Open. Later, she defeated 3rd seed and world No. 53, Tatjana Maria, at the Tashkent Open in WTA semifinal.
- She faced her childhood idol Maria Sharapova, but ultimately lost in two close sets and finished the season by winning the biggest title of her career at the time at the Mumbai Open, a WTA 125K event
- In the year 2018, she reached two quarterfinals but she lost at the Australian Open to top-ranked Australian and world No. 18 Ashleigh Barty.
- She also won her first matches at a Premier tournament where she won over No. 19 Svetlana Kuznetsova. Then, she made up to the quarterfinals at the Rosmalen Grass Court Championships and the final at the Premier-level Eastbourne International.
- She won five consecutive three-set matches, including three over top 20 opponents and her first top ten victories against defending champion and world No. 7 Karolína Pliskova but lost to the final to world No. 2 Caroline Wozniacki.
- Aryna won her first WTA title at the Premier-level Connecticut Open with wins over world No. 9 Julia Gorges in the semifinal and Carla Suarez Navarro in the final.
- She was the only player to win a set against Osaka in the US Open tournament.
- Aryna also qualified for the WTA Elite Trophy at the end of the season where she grouped with Garcia and Ashleigh Barty and defeated Barty to open the group, but lost to Garcia in the group’s final match. Aryna was named the WTA Newcomer of the Year for her excellent performance in her first full year on the WTA Tour in the 2018 season.
- Defeating Alison Riske. Aryna started the 2019 season for the WTA title at the Shenzhen Open. Later, she lost to No. 139 Magdelena Rybarikova.
- Her best result was a semifinal loss to No. 8 Kiki Bertens at the Premier-level St. Petersburg Ladies’ Trophy in February. She also made the fourth round at the Indian Wells Open.
- During the Zhengzhou Open, she defeated No. 8 Kiki Bertens in the third round and No. 1 Ashleigh Barty in the semifinals. Also, she won final over Alison Riske. During the knockout rounds, she defeated Karolina Muchova and Bertens for her fifth career title, and her third title of the year in China.
- Partnerning with Elise Mertens, they lost to top seeds Barbora Krejcíkova and Katerina Siniakova in the third round of the Australian Open in January. Later, the pair won the Indian Wells Open. They also won the Miami Open to complete the Sunshine Double. Thus, her rank rose to No. 21 in the world.
- Mertens and Sabalenka reached the quarterfinals at Wimbledon, losing to third seeds Hsieh and Strýcova. Then, the pair defeated Azarenka and Barty in straight sets for their first career Grand Slam title. Defeating them, she made her top 10 debut in doubles at No. 6 in the world.
- She won the singles title at the Wuhan Open finishing runner-up with Mertens.
- In the year 2020, her tournament was in Dubai where she made the quarterfinals with wins over Maria Sakkari and doubles partner Mertens. She rebounded at the Qatar Open, reaching the final with wins over Anett Kontaveit, Maria Sakkari, Zheng Saisai, and Svetlana Kuznetsova. She defeated Petra Kvitova in the final in straight sets.
- After the COVID-19, she crashed out in the second round of both Cincinnati and New York to Jessica Pegula and a resurgent Victoria Azarenka. Then, she lost to Elina Svitolina and Ons Jabeur in the French Open which was her last loss of the season.
- Her 2021 season began after participating in her first tournament of the year at Abu Dhabi as the fourth seed where she defeated Polona Hercog in straight sets, Ajla Tomljanović and Ons Jabeur to reach the quarterfinals. Also, she defeated Elena RRybakina in the quarterfinals and also defeated Maria Sakkari in straight sets. She defeated the first-time finalist Veronika Kudermetova in straight sets in the final. With her victory in Abu Dhabi, she set her new career-high ranking to No. 7.
- Her present coach is Anton Dubrov.
- Aryna has also represented her nation at the Junior Fed Cup in 2014, senior Fed Cup in April 2016, World Group.
- Later, she was unable to repeat their 2017 Fed Cup success in 2018. In the 2019 Fed Cup, she won both of her singles rubbers against Andrea Petkovic and Laura Siegemund to clinch the tie.
Aryna Sabalenka Records
- Career record 214-115 (65.0%)
- Career titles 9
- Highest ranking No. 7 (18 January 2021)
- Current ranking No. 7 (18 January 2021)
Grand Slam Singles results
- Australian Open 4R (2021)
- French Open 3R (2020)
- Wimbledon 2R (2017)
- US Open 4R (2018)
- Career record 66–57 (53.7%)
- Career titles 4
- Highest ranking No. 2 (21 October 2019)
- Current ranking No. 5 (16 March 2020)
Grand Slam Doubles results
- Australian Open QF (2020, 2021)
- French Open SF (2019)
- Wimbledon QF (2019)
- US Open W (2019)
Who is Aryna Sabalenka engaged to?
Aryna Sabalenka is not married yet and she is still to get married. As of today, she is engaged to her fiance, Matvei Bozhko. By profession, Matvei Bozhko is a hockey player, who started his career with Shakhter Soligorsk-2 in 2013. He has also played from Wenatchee Wild of the NAHL and Serebryanye Lvy St. Petersburg. In the year 2019, Aryna announced her engagement on a Belarusian talk show. Judging from Sabalenka’s statement reported by the Ukrainian Tennis Twitter profile, we can conclude that the wedding will not be in the near future:
It’s just an engagement. I am a little bit against weddings, against it as an event like it is. It’s not Tursunov (laughing). He is not from Belarus. As of today, she is enjoying her present life with her boyfriend turned fiance. The duo is planning to be husband and wife soon. Back then, she once shattered her dating rumors with the coach, Dmitry Tursunov. On the other hand, she mentioned that she trusts Dmitry more than anyone else. Her sexual orientation is straight.
What is the Net Worth of Aryna Sabalenka?
A very famous and successful tennis player, Aryna Sabalenka has collected around US$6,804,310 until now as prize money. She has won $281,067 from several competitions, which include two titles worth and $60,000 from ITF Circuit, Asia, and $46,500 in the 2018 US Open WTA title. As the runner up of the 2018 Wimbledon Championship, she got the prize of $71,853. She is also the recipient of $2,589,000 from Wuhan Open 2018, $45,621, and $93,523 in Australian Open 2018.
Similarly, she garnered $2,494,686 from the Premier Tournament and three singles titles. Throughout her career, she has won many titles and awards including US Open 2019, US Open 2018, WTA Title, ITF Circuit, runner-up of the 2018 Wimbledon Championship. As of 2021, the net worth of Aryna is estimated to have $3 Million. Whereas her exact salary is still to get unfold yet. Her major source of wealth comes from her tennis career and she is satisfied with her earnings. She has been endorsed by Nike for apparel and shoes since the start of her professional career. She is also endorsed by Wilson, specifically using the Wilson Blade range of racquets.
How tall is Aryna Sabalenka?
Aryna Sabalenka is a very beautiful lady with well maintained athletic body figure. She stands tall at the perfect height of 6 ft 0 in or 1.82 m. Her balanced body weight consists of 80 Kg or 176.5 lbs. She has a light brown hair color and she often tends to dye her hair blonde. Sabalenka has a pair of green eyes color. She has a toned physique with a charming smile and a gleaming face. She has long and straight hair. Aryna has also inked a tattoo on her left arms entitled “Tiger”. Overall, she has got a healthy body. Her body measurements are 36-26-37 in (breast-waist-hips).