Are you interested in growing organic food?
Many gardeners who do traditional gardening or who have a desire to garden but do not have enough land have turned to Aquaponic gardening or agriculture. This cultivation method allows the production of fruit, vegetables and fish. Both horizontal and vertical growth can be achieved.
Beginners often start their first home project. Do you have an aquarium in storage or do you want to do more with your current aquarium? People like the living art and furniture that this system introduces into housing. The beauty of colorful fish and greenery add nature to the interior and at the same time growing food. If there is no interest in growing food, many flowering plants can be considered.
Many gardeners love traditional gardening. Some people like to use both methods.
Traditional against aquaponics:
- Earth vs water
- Large space vs small space
- Seasonal vs all year round
- Gardening tools vs some tools
- Seeds or plants are used in both systems
- Fertilizers vs organic fish waste
- Pesticides, herbicides, insecticides against anyone required for interiors
- Maintenance hours vs one hour per day
- Labor vs. automatic operating equipment
- Natural weather conditions vs controlled indoor environment
- Eat products vs eat products and fish
Growing plants with water and fish are much easier. This is a more pleasant way to get homegrown organic vegetables and fresh fish with minimal effort and cost.
Fish has become very expensive in grocery stores. If you like eating fish, it becomes cheaper than shopping in your local store.
Why do home gardeners and commercial farmers use this method to grow crops or fish or the combination of crops and fish?
- It requires less water than traditional agriculture
- No wastewater is produced
- No soil erosion conditions
- No requirement for aggressive insecticides
- Toxin-free fish
This type of breeding combined with fish breeding has been done for thousands of years. Domestic farmers have made great strides and the most ambitious gardeners are using abandoned buildings, such as warehouses, to build a business. Again, a hobby has become an entrepreneurial career.
How is this gardening done?
- Select ornamental or edible fish
- A floating platform of containers with a plant or seed is placed over the water
- The roots are attracted to their nutritional needs with fish waste
- Fish are placed under plants.
- Feed your fish because their waste is the essential fertilizer for plants
- The roots of the plants keep the fish tank clean
Goldfish are popular in the home because of their beautiful colouring. Edible fish will grow larger and when they reach the right size for the dish; go fishing by removing them from the tank.
There is your meal complete with meat and fresh products. No license is required for this type of fishing.