Anthony Jordan Martial professionally known as Anthony Martial is a French professional football player who plays for Premier League club Manchester United and the French national team as a forward. He started playing football for the youth team of CO Les Ulis in 2001 and played until 2009. In 2009, he joined the youth team of Lyon and began his professional career from there. He made his professional debut for Lyon on 6 December 2012 in a European League group stage match and played his first Ligue 1 game on 3 February 2013. On 30 June 2013, he signed for AS Monaco on a three-year contract for a fee of €5 million-plus bonuses and made his first league appearance for the club at the age of 17 on 24 November 2013. On 1 September 2015, he moved to Manchester United for £36 million, potentially rising to £58 million, on a four-year contract which was the highest ever transfer fee paid for a teenager. He made his debut in the North-West Derby at Old Trafford on 12 September 2015. On 19 December 2015, he was awarded the Golden Boy as Europe’s best U21 player. He was the 2019-20 Manchester United Players Player of the Year.
On the international level, he has represented France at various age levels. He has represented France at U16, U17, U18, U19, U21, and the senior level. He made his international debut in 2015 and was named in their squad for UEFA Euro 2016.
What is Anthony Martial Famous For?
- Won the 2015-16 FA Cup with Manchester United.
- Won the 2016-17 EFL Cup with Manchester United.
- Won the 2016 FA Community Shield with Manchester United.
- Won the 2016-17 UEFA European League with Manchester United.
- Won the 2015 Golden Boy award.
- Won the 2015-16 Manchester United Goal of the Season.
- Won the 2018-20 Manchester United Players Player of the Year.
Where is Anthony Martial From?
Anthony Martial was born on 5 December 1995. His birth name is Anthony Jordan Martial. His birthplace is Massy, France. He was born to his parents Mr. and Mrs. Joran Martial. He is the last son and last born of his family of only two elder brothers and no sister. He holds French nationality. He belongs to the Black ethnicity. His religion is Roman Catholic. His horoscope sign is Sagittarius.
Anthony Martial Football Career Timeline
- He started playing football for the youth team of CO Les Ulis in 2001 and played until 2009.
- In 2009, at the age of 14, he joined the youth team of Lyon and began his professional career from there.
- He made his professional debut for Lyon on 6 December 2012 in a European League group stage match against Hapoel Ironi Kiryat Shmona, replacing goalscorer Yassine Benzia for the final 10 minutes of a 2-0 victory at the Stade de Gerland.
- On 3 February 2013, he played his first Ligue 1 game in a 3-1 away loss against Ajaccio, came on as a substitute in the 79th minute for Rachid Ghezzal.
- On 30 June 2013, he signed for AS Monaco on a three-year contract for a fee of €5 million-plus bonuses and made his first league appearance for the club at the age of 17 on 24 November 2013 against FC Nantes, replacing Radamel Falcao after 63 minutes.
- On 30 December 2013, he scored his first goal for the club on his first start in a 2-0 win over Rennes at the Stade Louis II.
- In his second season at Monaco, he scored nine goals in 36 Ligue 1 games. On 4 August 2015, he scored his first goal in European competition in a 4-0 home win over BSC Young Boys in the third qualifying round of the UEFA Champions League.
- From 2013-15, he made 49 appearances and scored 11 goals for Monaco.
- On 1 September 2015, he moved to Manchester United for £36 million, potentially rising to £58 million, on a four-year contract which was the highest ever transfer fee paid for a teenager.
- He made his debut in the North-West Derby at Old Trafford on 12 September 2015 in a 3-1 win over Liverpool, came as a 65th-minute substitute for Juan Mata, and scored the final goal.
- He won his first individual honour at United as he picked up the ‘PFA Fan’s Player of the Month’ for September, in which he notched up three goals from two matches.
- After a few days later, he gained his second trophy at United, as his strike against Liverpool earned him the club’s Goal of the Month’ for September and was also named Premier League of the Month for September, the third-youngest player to receive the award after Micah Richards and Michael Owen.
- On 19 December 2015, he was awarded the Golden Boy as Europe’s best U21 player and finished the 2015-16 season as the club’s top scorer in both the league and overall competitions with 11 goals and 17 goals respectively.
- On 2 October 2016, he came off the bench at Old Trafford to score United’s only goal in his first of the new season in a 1-1 draw against Stoke City.
- On 26 February 2017, he was named in the starting XI that faced Southampton at Wembley Stadium for the 2017 EFL Cup Final which United won by 3-2 and the victory earned him his third piece of silverware for United.
- In May 2017, he won the first European trophy of his career, coming on as a substitute in the 2017 UEFA European League Final.
- After a successful spell for Manchester United towards the end of last season, winning the League Cup and Europa League, he started the 2017-18 season as a substitute for most matches.
- His first start of the season came on 20 September in a 4-1 win over Burton upon Trent in the League Cup in which he also scored.
- He made his first competitive appearance for Manchester United’s 2018-19 season in their 3-2 loss to Brighton in the Premier League.
- On 20 September 2018, he starts in Manchester United’s Champions League opener and scores his first goal of the season in a 3-0 win against Young Boys of Bern. His first league goal came on 6 October 2019 in a 3-2 comeback against Newcastle United.
- On 31 January 2019, Martial signed a new five-year contract with Manchester United.
- He began the 2019-20 league season by starting and scoring Manchester United’s second goal in a 4-0 victory over Chelsea at Old Trafford.
- On 24 June 2020, he scored his first senior hat-trick in a 3–0 home win against Sheffield United which was United’s first Premier League hat-trick since 22 April 2013, when Robin van Persie did so against Aston Villa en route of sealing the club’s most recent league title to date. He also was the 2019-20 Manchester United Players Player of the Year.
- On 4 October 2020, he received the first red card of his career for hitting out at Erik Lamela during United’s 1-6 loss to Tottenham Hotspur in the Premier League and was later banned for three domestic games.
- On 28 October 2020, he scored his first goal of the season in a 5-0 win against RB Leipzig in the UEFA Champions League group stage.
- On 17 December 2020, he scored his first league goal of the season in a 3-2 away win against Sheffield United.
- On 2 February 2021, he scored 2 goals for United in United’s Premier League record-equalling a 9-0 home win against Southampton.
- On 7 March 2021, he won a penalty in the Manchester derby in a 2-0 win against Manchester City and ended the Premier League leaders’ 21-match winning run in all competitions.
Anthony Martial International Career
- He has represented France at various age levels.
- He has represented France at U16, U17, U18, U19, U21, and the senior level.
- He was a member of the France U19 side that reached the final of the 2013 UEFA European U19 Championship in Lithuania, losing out to Serbia, and was one of five Frenchmen selected in the Team of the Tournament.
- On 26 August 2015, he was called up to the senior France squad for the first time, for friendlies against Portugal and Serbia.
- He made his France senior team debut in a 1-0 win against Portugal at Lisbon’s Estadio Jose Alvalade, replacing Karim Benzema for the final 16 minutes.
- Due to his performances in the 2015–2016 season with Manchester United, he was named to the final 23-man squad at the Euros 2016, where France emerged runner-up.
- On 17 May 2018, he was named on the standby list for the 23-man French squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia. However, he did not make the final squad for the tournament which saw France as champions for the second time.
Source: [email protected]_9
Anthony Martial Wife
Talking about his personal life, he is married. He was once married to his ex-wife Samantha Helena Jacquelinet who he met when he was a teenager. The couple divorced following his extramarital affair with X-Factor contestant Emily Wademan. Samantha is the mother of Martial’s first child Peyton Martial (daughter). Currently, he is married to his wife Melanie Da Cruz. The couple has a son named Swan Martial born on 25 July 2018. He is having an intimate relationship with his love and children. They are living their life happily together.
Anthony Martial Height and Weight
Anthony Martial stands at a height of 1.81m i.e. 5 feet and 11 inches tall. He has a bodyweight of 76kg. He has an athletic body build. His eye color and hair color are black. His sexual orientation is straight.
Anthony Martial Net Worth and Salary
Anthony Martial earns from his professional career as a football player. His income is from contracts, salaries, bonuses, and endorsements. In 2013, he signed for AS Monaco on a three-year contract for a fee of €5 million-plus bonuses. In 2015, he moved to Manchester United for £36 million, potentially rising to £58 million, on a four-year contract which was the highest ever transfer fee paid for a teenager. As of 2021, his estimated net worth is £23 million and his salary is £13 million. He has got a market value of €55 million.