Andreas Hugo Hoelgebaum Pereira professionally known as Andreas Pereira is a professional football player who plays for Serie A club Lazio, on loan from Premier League side Manchester United and the Brazilian national team as a midfielder. He started playing football for the youth team of Lommel United. In 2005, he joined the youth team of PSV Eindhoven and played until 2011. He then joined the youth team of Manchester United in November 2011. He made his first Premier League appearance in March 2015. He has spent time on loan at Spanish clubs Granada and Valencia. On 2 October 2020, he joined Lazio on a season-long loan deal and scored his first Serie A goal on 1 November 2020.
On the international level, he played for both the country of his birth, Belgium, and his father’s homeland, Brazil. He has represented both Belgium and Brazil at various age levels. He has represented Belgium at U15, U16, U17, U18, and Brazil at U20 and U23. He made his senior debut for Brazil in September 2018.
What is Andreas Pereira Famous For?
- Being a professional football player.
- Won the 2014-15 Denzil Haroun Reserve Team Player of the Year.
- Won the 2018-19 Manchester United Goal of the Season.
Where is Andreas Pereira From?
Andreas Pereira was born on 1 January 1996. His birth name is Andreas Hugo Hoelgebaum Pereira. His birthplace is Duffel, Belgium. He was born to his father, Marcos Antonio Pereira, and his mother, Anaida Pereira where he grew up with his sister, whose identity is unknown. He holds both Belgium and Brazilian nationality. He belongs to the white ethnicity. His religion is Christianity. His horoscope sign is Capricorn.
Source: [email protected]
Andreas Pereira Football Career Timeline
- He started playing football for the youth team of Lommel United.
- In 2005, he joined the youth team of PSV Eindhoven and played until 2011.
- He then joined the youth team of Manchester United in November 2011. On 25 April 2012, he made his debut for the U18s in a league match away to Sheffield Wednesday.
- After signing as an academy scholar in July 2012, Pereira became a regular in the under-18s in the 2012-13 season, making 20 appearances and scoring five goals.
- Ahead of the 2013-14 season, he was named as Manchester United’s captain for their 2013 Milk Cup campaign and was named Player of the Tournament for his three goals as Manchester United won the Premier Section. He also went on to feature heavily for both the U18s and the U21s and was ever-present in the inaugural UEFA Youth League. For the U21s, he appeared in 17 out of 21 league matches as Manchester United finished third.
- He began the 2014-15 season with silverware as Manchester United beat Manchester City 4-1 in the final of the Manchester Senior Cup on 7 August 2014. He made his senior debut on 27 August 2014 in a 4-0 away defeat to Milton Keynes Dons in the second round of the League Cup, coming on as a half-time substitute for Saidy Janko. On 15 March 2015, he made his Premier League debut in a 3-0 win against Tottenham Hotspurs, coming on as a 77th-minute substitute for Juan Mata.
- On 21 July 2015, he scored his first goal for Manchester United’s senior squad in the 3-1 win against the San Jose Earthquakes in the 2015 International Champions Cup, after coming on as a second-half substitute. On 23 September 2015, he made his first competitive start for the senior team and scored a free kick in the eventual 3-0 win over Ipswich Town in the third round of the League Cup.
- On 26 August 2016, he joined Spanish club Granada on a season-long loan deal and made his La Liga debut on 28 August 2016 in a 5-1 loss at UD Las Palmas, replacing Luis Martins in the 55th minute.
- On 3 December 2016, he scored his first goal, Granada, in a 2-1 home win over fellow Andalusians Sevilla FC. On 18 February 2017, he was on the scoresheet for a 4-1 victory against Real Betis and was sent off for a push where he was banned for two games, and the club fined €180.
- On 1 September 2017, he joined Valencia on a season-long loan deal and made his debut on 9 September 2017 in a 0-0 home draw against Atletico Madrid, On 15 October 2017, he scored his only goal for Valencia with a long-range strike as a substitute to conclude a 6-3 win against Real Betis.
- In the 2018-19 season, on 2 March 2019, he scored his first Premier League goal in a home match against Southampton which earned him Manchester United’s goal of the season for the 2018-19 season.
- In the 2019-20 season, on 11 August 2019, he started in Manchester United’s opening day 4-0 win against Chelsea, in which he assisted Anthony Martial for the second goal. On 10 November 2019, he scored his first goal of the season in a 3-1 home win against Brighton.
- On 2 October 2020, he joined Lazio on a season-long loan deal.
- On 1 November 2020, he scored his first Serie A goal in a 4-3 away win against Torino.
Source: [email protected]
Andreas Pereira International Career
- He played for both the country of his birth, Belgium, and his father’s homeland, Brazil.
- He has represented both Belgium and Brazil at various age levels.
- He has represented Belgium at U15, U16, U17, U18, and Brazil at U20 and U23.
- On 17 August 2018, he received his first senior call up for the friendly matches against the United States and El Salvador.
- He made his debut against El Salvador on 11 September 2018, as the first player in over 100 years to play for Brazil having been born outside of the country.
Andreas Pereira Wife
Looking at his personal life, Andreas Pereira is an unmarried guy. But he is in a relationship with his beautiful girlfriend, whose identity is unknown. The couple is blessed with one daughter, Maria-Victoria. The detailed information about their wedding is not in the media yet. So, we cannot claim his relationship status confidently until he decides to speak up in the media. He is having an intimate relationship with his love and a daughter where he keeps posting their pictures all over his social media accounts. They are living their life happily together.
Source: [email protected]
Andreas Pereira Height and Weight
Andreas Pereira stands at a height of 1.77m i.e. 5 feet and 10 inches tall. He has a bodyweight of 70kg. He has an athletic body build. His eye color is dark brown and his hair color is black. His sexual orientation is straight.
Andreas Pereira Salary and Net Worth
Andreas Pereira earns from his professional career as a football player. His income is from contracts, salaries, bonuses, and endorsements. As of 2021, his estimated net worth is €5million and his salary is €1.6 million, while his market value is around €10 million.