We all want a perfectly polished manicure. But going to a salon can be time-consuming – and nail art can be tricky. Enter the classic snap nails. These false nails are “a great way to add length without commitment and a long application life,” says Betina Goldstein, a nail artist for Chanel in Los Angeles. application without damage
The presses are very easy to apply and can last up to two weeks depending on how you apply and take care of them. You can shower or swim with them (just be careful with hot water, which can make them softer). Best of all, they can even be good for your nails as they are less likely to cause damage like a gel or acrylic manicure, and you can even reuse them!
- 1 How to apply squeeze nails
- 2 How to remove pressure nails
- 2.1 Best Nails to Press on Amazon – ImPress pressure manicure
- 2.2 Pressure nails at the best value for money – Nail Addict Artificial Nails
- 2.3 Best luxury press nails – Think about the environment
- 2.4 Best gel nails to press – Magic Press Manicure
- 2.5 Best static nails to press – Spotted Bare Cheetah
- 2.6 Best clear nails to press – Gel-X nail extensions
- 2.7 Best Clear Temporary Snap Nails – Inspire pre-glued nails
- 2.8 Best nails to press for a wedding – Wedding collection
How to apply squeeze nails
- Prep your nails by trimming them and removing any scaly cuticle skin on your nails.
- Polish the nails to a smooth surface.
- Wipe your natural nails with rubbing alcohol to remove any oil that might interfere with the adhesive. You can apply a base coat before adding the glue to ensure damage-free application.
- Choose the correct size to squeeze for each nail, then add nail glue or adhesive nail tabs as needed.
- Press and hold each on your natural nails for a few seconds until they feel secure. Goldstein says it’s important to make sure your pressure nails are applied without an air gap to protect the glue from any water.
How to remove pressure nails
It may be tempting, but “never Pull them out, ”advises Goldstein, as this could damage your nail bed. And if you want to reuse your presses, avoid using acetone, which can interfere with the design. Instead, here’s how to gently remove them:
- Soak your squeeze nails in hot soapy water for 15 to 20 minutes or until they are loose enough to gently pull them out.
- IIf the hot, soapy water doesn’t do the trick, try lifting a corner of your squeeze nail and saturating it with rubbing alcohol to help dissolve the adhesive, Goldstein says.
- Once all of your squeezes are off, you can remove any excess sticky residue with a cotton ball and a little baby oil, or you can use a nail pad to polish it.
Now that you know the basics, it’s time to shop for a new instant manicure. Here are the best false press nails you can buy:
Best Nails to Press on Amazon – ImPress pressure manicure
Who doesn’t love to save money and get a salon-quality manicure? Amazon’s Top Rated Kiss imPress Snap Nail Kits will make people think you’ve just stepped out of a nail salon. You can choose from so many beautiful colors and designs, from neutrals to bold undertones and sparkly accents. They are easy to put on and very gentle on your nails.
- No glue needed
- Great price
- The sizes are small
- Starts to appear after a few days
Pressure nails at the best value for money – Nail Addict Artificial Nails
Ardell’s classic snap nails really give you more for your money. These press-on are stylish and trendy, but they don’t take long to put on. Reviewers were delighted with the effectiveness of the glue and the lifespan of the nails. If you are on a budget or are new to the nail press business, you should definitely give these a try.
- Long duration
- Broken price
- Strong adhesive
Best luxury press nails – Think about the environment
- Custom made
- Quality construction
Best gel nails to press – Magic Press Manicure
If you love gel manicures but hate the damage they can do to your nails, try Dashing Diva Magic Press Nail Press. There is no need for glue with these sets, and they are extremely quick and easy to apply. All you have to do is prep your nails, peel off the back tab, and press! The brand says the presses can last up to seven days, but some clients say their manicure lasts longer.
- No glue needed
- Easy to apply
- Great value
- Sizes are small – not great for those with long nail beds
Best static nails to press – Spotted Bare Cheetah
- Large range of neutral shades
- Good choice of sizes
Most popular press nails – Limit
Minimalist designs are so trendy right now, and Marmalade has some of the chicest press-on nail looks, as you see here. But they also offer a variety of nail shapes, colors and finishes. Some of the sets even include nail accents encrusted with Swarovski crystals. They will also stay for a long time – up to two weeks. Bonus: a portion of each sale goes to Petsmart Charities.
- Durable and durable
- Large selection of designs
- Glue can be messy
- Must plan and get the right size
Best clear nails to press – Gel-X nail extensions
Create your own design with these professional-grade clear snap nails. The pressure nails from After Nail are made from a soft gel that is light but very resistant. Each box contains 500 nails in 10 different sizes, and you can choose from a wide range of shapes and lengths. Aprés also sells professional nail art tools and accessories, such as glitter, foil, brushes and gel polish. While these fake nails are supposed to be glued with Extend from Aprés, Goldstein says she uses nail glue or sticky tabs.
- Big choice
- Customizable designs
Best Clear Temporary Snap Nails – Inspire pre-glued nails
One of Goldstein’s press-on nails is Inspire Nails, another Pattie Yankee nail artist. “I always use them onset or for parades,” she says. “[They’re] a perfect canvas to create your own creations. “These snap nails come pre-glued so you don’t have to worry about messing up. However, they are best for temporary (one to two days) use, ideal for a special occasion.” They stay on pretty well, but they’re very easy to remove when you don’t want them anymore, ”Goldstein says.
- No glue needed
- Create your own design
- Limited selection – square or almond shape
Best nails to press for a wedding – Wedding collection
- Bride-specific models
- High quality