In these unprecedented times, many of us spend more than a few hours on Zoom each week. Whether you’re logging in for most of your Zoom hours for school, work, or a virtual game night, there are probably some hidden features you haven’t found yet. For example, did you know that you could react to someone’s ideas with an emoji on the screen? Or that there is an option to “touch up your appearance?”
Before, we have compiled a guide to the most useful features of Zoom. From how to change your background to how to share your screen, these helpful zoom tips will improve your video chat experience. Want to make your next digital catch-up even more fun? Try one of these great virtual happy hour ideas.
- How to change your background on Zoom. Using a background image on Zoom is an easy way to make your discussions more fun and festive, or just to hide a messy room. To change your background in a Zoom meeting, click the ^ arrow next to the Start / Stop video button. Click Choose Background. You can select a predefined background or click the + button to download a new one. Your new Zoom background should appear on your video as soon as you select it.
- How to add a profile photo on Zoom. You may have noticed that when some Zoom cameras are turned off, their squares display a photo (as opposed to their name). Doing it yourself is as simple as updating your account. Log in to Zoom and click on your profile picture in the upper right corner of the page. On the next page, click the Edit button below the image. Upload your photo and click Save.
- How to activate screen sharing on Zoom. Sharing your screen is an easy way to give a tutorial or show something to someone on your computer. To do this, click the Share Screen button at the bottom of your meeting screen. You can share your entire screen, a single application or web page, or even something on your phone or tablet via AirPlay.
- How to play music on Zoom. In addition to sharing your screen on Zoom, you can also share your audio. To do this, click the Share screen button. Click Share computer sound at the bottom of the pop-up window and click Share. To stop sharing, click Stop Sharing at the top of your screen.
- How to send a reaction emoji. In face-to-face meetings, it’s easy to give your presenter a signal that you like what he says. In Zoom meetings, however, it’s a little more difficult. Fortunately, Zoom made it possible to give feedback via emoji. Click the Feedback button at the bottom of your meeting to send a boost or a boost. The emoji will appear on the screen for five seconds before disappearing.
- How to rename yourself in Zoom. To change your name in a Zoom meeting, click the Participants button at the bottom of your screen. Click on your name, click on the More button and press Rename. Enter your preferred name and click Rename.
- How to activate the Touch Up My Appearance setting. On its website, Zoom says that its Touch Up My Appearance function “blurs your video display with blur”, which can “look more neat when you show your video to others.” To try it, click the arrow ^ next to the Stop / Start Video button. Click Video Settings and check the box that says Touch Up My Appearance. Obviously, you will want to make sure that you like the effect before entering important meetings. You can also try these flattering Zoom makeup ideas.
- How to create workshop rooms in Zoom. If you are a meeting host with account owner or administrator privileges, meeting rooms are an easy way to meet a large group of people while allowing them to collaborate. To start a workshop room, start a meeting and click on the Workshop rooms button (the icon looks like a grid with four squares). Choose the number of rooms you want to create and decide if you want Zoom to automatically divide your participants or if you want to sort them yourself. Click Create Parts. To start your pieces, click Options and follow the prompts.
This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported to this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content on piano.io
This comments section is created and maintained by a third party and imported to this page. You may be able to find more information on their website.
Zoom Features to Improve Your Video Chat
There are several Zoom features that you can take advantage of to help make your video chats more enjoyable and convenient. You can use the search feature, the emojis and the multi-camera mode.
Multi-camera mode in Zoom is a feature that makes it easier to see footage from multiple cameras at once. It also gives you the ability to change your camera settings on the fly.
To get started, you need to sign in to the Zoom web portal. You can then go to the room settings page and enable Multi-Camera mode. After doing this, you can add Camera presets to your camera. These presets are used to customize your camera feeds.
This multi-camera mode is a great way to show different views of your room, without having to switch between cameras. You can even highlight video from the secondary camera.
You can use Multi-Cam mode on two or three cameras. For example, you can have one primary camera for your classroom or meeting and one document camera. A secondary camera can be a webcam with a flexible tripod or an external camera. The latter is useful if you need to record the event from a location away from the main room.
As with Smart Gallery (Multi-Stream), you’ll want to make sure you set up your cameras correctly. Once you do, you’ll be able to create custom group views and have them available to all the meeting participants.
In addition to the Multi-Cam mode, you can also create multicam editing sequences. These are clips that combine all the overlapping clips into a single sequence. They are ordered alpha-numerically in the resulting source sequence.
Another Zoom feature to consider is Auto-Framing. This feature automatically groups meeting room participants, adjusting the camera frame as needed. If you’re unsure of how to configure this feature, check out this article.
To create a multi-camera source sequence, select assets and then choose Create Multi-camera Source Sequence. Choose a bin that contains the clip you’d like to combine into the sequence.
If you’re using Zoom for video chat, you’ll be glad to know you can now use emojis to show your feelings and reactions to other meeting participants. This is one of many features in the latest version of the software.
One of the most popular emojis on the planet is the thumbs up. It can be used to validate a concept, or simply to show support. You can use this emoji on Zoom meetings to give your fellow meeting participants a thumbs up.
Other emojis that can be used include the clap, which is used to express appreciation after a presentation. You can also use the raised hand emoji on Zoom. However, you must manually deactivate the lower hand option in order to show the emoji.
Another emoji related feature that Zoom has added is a new gesture recognition feature. This is available on both the Zoom iOS and desktop apps.
Aside from emojis, you can also use gestures to react to specific items in a meeting. For example, you can raise your hand for a thumbs up, or open your mouth for a No.
One of the biggest updates that came with the newest version of the Zoom software is a new focus mode. When you use this feature, it’s designed to cut out distractions and let you concentrate on the content you’re sharing.
In addition, a new slash command allows you to quickly access a number of Zoom actions. You can even use this to set up an instant Zoom call.
There are more changes in the pipeline, including new annotation improvements. These changes will help you communicate better with your colleagues. They’re all designed to make it easier to present and manage your team.
A Zoom Search feature allows users to find relevant posts or messages within the Zoom community. The results are based on the keywords you enter. You can also set up rules for certain searches and filters. Using this feature can help you discover new contacts and keep up to date on your contacts.
A Zoom search can be a great way to find the right people, topics, and places. It can also help you filter out the noise and find the right content for you.
The Zoom Search feature can be found at the top of any community page. Once you’ve entered a few keywords, the search results will suggest relevant posts, places, and users. Depending on your preferences, you can choose to search by keyword, place, or user.
The Zoom Search feature can be configured to only use spider mode indexing. This means you can update your search index without having to reindex. But you’ll need to enable the Zoom feature.
Zoom Team Chat allows users to send a message to a specific contact or a group of contacts. Users can attach files, screenshots, and even emojis. They can also choose if they want to receive push notifications. If you choose this feature, your device will display notifications for mentions in channels and in group chats.
The Zoom Contact Center feature can be used to make outbound calls or transfer calls. It also supports PDF, slides, and other types of files. And you can view engagement events in real time.
The Zoom Contact Center also allows you to edit caller ID names for multiple numbers. You can do this from the account settings menu. Additionally, you can view the caller’s status in the agent log.
Setting up anonymous surveys
Setting up anonymous surveys can be a great way to gain valuable insights from employees. This can be a useful tool for identifying areas of improvement in your company’s operations. It can also help prevent retaliation when your employees share negative feedback with you.
The benefits of anonymous surveys are vast, especially when compared to those of other research methods. You can get feedback about any issue you have without having to worry about exposing your employees to retaliation. Besides, anonymous surveys are a great way to increase response rates.
Anonymous online surveys are a great way to reach participants from different demographics and regions. However, they should be done correctly to ensure they’re unbiased. Among other things, you should be aware of IP addresses and other identifying factors.
In terms of design, an anonymous survey should have a few key features. These include an email field, a Daily summary slider, and an Immediate notification slider. Aside from these, you should make sure the survey is live. Otherwise, you could end up with a 404 page not found message.
Anonymity can be beneficial for certain situations, such as when you’re collecting feedback from new customers. It can boost response rates and provide an objective analysis of your responses. Keeping the data confidential can also help you avoid targeted ads.
One of the advantages of an anonymous online survey is the fact that you don’t have to send follow-up emails to your respondents. Most distribution tools won’t work with them, but you can use a tool like Intercom to match your visitor to the response.
Surveying a group of friends can also be a good way to get a sense of what is important to them. It can also be a good idea to ask some’stupid’ questions.
Adding pronouns to your name
Using pronouns is a powerful way to make spaces more inclusive. This can be especially true for *trans people, who may experience misgendering or misidentification, but even cisgender people can benefit from having pronouns in their names.
One place to add pronouns is in your profile. You can use your Zoom profile card to indicate which pronouns you would like to share with meeting attendees. If you want to be certain that pronouns will always be shared with all meeting participants, you can select to have them automatically shared.
Another option is to add pronouns after your Last Name or in parenthesis after your name. However, it’s important to remember that this feature will only work during meetings. For webinars, you’ll have to manually share the pronouns.
Pronouns are an essential part of gender identity. Many places don’t provide an easy way to include or exclude pronouns, but with Zoom you can.
Using pronouns will make the app more inclusive and can help you avoid misgendering. It can also help you define your gender more clearly.
You can also add or edit your personal information. To do this, sign into your Zoom account. Then, you can go to your profile and click on “Pronouns”. Alternatively, you can do it through the web portal.
When you’re a meeting participant, you can choose whether to display pronouns or not. After you’ve clicked on the More button, you can either use the drop-down menu to choose whether to share your pronouns with others, or you can type them in manually.
Adding pronouns in your Zoom profile is a great way to avoid misgendering. As the Lambda Alliance points out, “Adding a pronoun to your Zoom profile gives you the ability to set your preferred gender.”
As an ally, you can also encourage people to add pronouns to their profile cards. Putting pronouns in your bio shows others that you are a supporter and will not misgender them.